Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    This is the young Spanos regime now.
    The future looks so bright.
    I gotta wear shades. :larry:

Pissing and moaning for as long as Bosa has over when he gets his GUARANTEED money is like bitching about getting laid. Please. Get over it kid and do something, anything significant first.
    sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post
      The lies that were told in the Union Tribune about Bosa holding out over offset language and wanting something nobody else got - who do you think fed that bullshit to the press?

Yes. I don't like Spanos. It isn't for nothing.
      Only 2 teams in the league (Rams and Jags) don't have offset language in their contracts. What complicates things for us is that the Jags had the #3 pick the last 2 years, so the "precedent" they are insisting on is pretty distorted compared to how the rest of the league operates.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Only 2 teams in the league (Rams and Jags) don't have offset language in their contracts. What complicates things for us is that the Jags had the #3 pick the last 2 years, so the "precedent" they are insisting on is pretty distorted compared to how the rest of the league operates.
        You missed the point. Bosa isn't holding out over demands related to that offset language. He's holding out because he wants his bonus money early, which is something other 3rd picks have received.

But that wasn't brought up until non-Spanos-reliant reporters (aka not the local media) started reporting on this. Clearly, Spanos told the U-T that the argument was over offset language and that Bosa wanted something nobody else got.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
          I gotta wear shades. :larry:

Pissing and moaning for as long as Bosa has over when he gets his GUARANTEED money is like bitching about getting laid. Please. Get over it kid and do something, anything significant first.
          Pissing and moaning for as long as Spanos has over when he pays the guaranteed money is like what Spanos and other loser owners always do. Get over it, Dean, and do something, anything significant first.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

You missed the point. Bosa isn't holding out over demands related to that offset language. He's holding out because he wants his bonus money early, which is something other 3rd picks have received.

But that wasn't brought up until non-Spanos-reliant reporters (aka not the local media) started reporting on this. Clearly, Spanos told the U-T that the argument was over offset language and that Bosa wanted something nobody else got.
            Chargers offered exact same deal Dallas gave 4th pick but obviously more guaranteed money.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
              I don't know if it's in any way relevant, but I looked up the records of those two teams since the new CBA, and here they are:
              Rams: 29-50-1
              Jags: 19-61
              So basically if we defer the offset we are doomed to go 48-111-1. Thanks Bosa

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I'm still waiting to see the list of top 5 picks that are double dipping.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I don't know if it's in any way relevant, but I looked up the records of those two teams since the new CBA, and here they are:
                  Rams: 29-50-1
                  Jags: 19-61

*SD: 37-53
                  I looked up the teams that, over the past 5 years, have given their top-3 draft pick what Bosa is demanding, and most of them have sucked. Two, however, played in the Super Bowl last year.

I also looked up the team owners who, over the past 5 years, have refused to give their top-3 draft pick what Bosa is demanding, and that person would be Spanos and nobody else.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-19-2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

The Spanos is in a league of their own.

Ok, Cam vs. Von Miller could be relevant in this since each re-signed with the team that drafted them after becoming stars. Miller was pissed at Elway for a while here in the off season but he did eventually take his money and stick with the team.
                    Cam and Von Miller are relevant because they got what Bosa is demanding - all their bonus money before the end of their first year. I might be wrong about that - it's just based on what I've read. Media report that Bosa is demanding either all his money within his first year or that offset language that nobody gets. He isn't demanding both, and, from what I've read, every pick in the top-3 for the last five years has got the bonus money within the first year. Cam and Von Miller fit in that category.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Cam and Von Miller are relevant because they got what Bosa is demanding - all their bonus money before the end of their first year. I might be wrong about that - it's just based on what I've read. Media report that Bosa is demanding either all his money within his first year or that offset language that nobody gets. He isn't demanding both, and, from what I've read, every pick in the top-3 for the last five years has got the bonus money within the first year. Cam and Von Miller fit in that category.
                      Every pick dose not get 100% of the bonus in first year. The #2 this year has deferred bonus. In fact from what I've read the majority have at least some deferred.
                      They both have precedent. It's not that either are making outrageous demands. It's the fact that he has missed the entire camp over some bullshit that really only matters to his agents reputation. I hope CAA bought him a $17m insurance policy because if he gets hurt crossing the street he loses out bigtime.
                      Last edited by chargerkdb; 08-19-2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Non-local reporters are still reporting that the offset is a sticking point.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Non-local reporters are still reporting that the offset is a sticking point.
                          Sure.

Comment

Working...
                          X