Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    So, you're proposing that we keep CBJ as the THIRD string QB? Then yes, I did misinterpret your point. Other than eating up another roster spot, sure...why not?

Of course, in the same post you say that CBJ would be #2 and BS #3, so maybe I don't know WTF you're saying.

My point: I am opposed to CBJ being the #2 QB. And if we decide to go with two QBs, CBJ should be cut. If we keep three QBs, I am in favor of CBJ being #3 with BS being #2. Hell, if Rivers has a season-ending injury, we could probably just re-sign Whiteworst as his backup at that time (or some other useless vet).

MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

P.S. I think you're doing too much drinking on your holiday.
    No, CBJ 2, BS 3; but if one of them has to start a game, I leave CBJ as 2 and skip BS ahead of him. The #2 guy has gameday responsibilities I don't want entrusted to a rookie.

P.S. I can't help it. Every meal is followed by a complimentary flask of raki. But I fly back to London tomorrow night, so I'll be forced to sober up.
    Adipose

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      He's saying that CBJ as a #2 possesses experience/knowledge holding the clipboard (being on the sidelines) that a rookie like Sorensen wouldn't possess. Basically Sorensen is not qualified to be the #2 QB at this time, but if Rivers were to go down he'd have no problem putting Sorensen in as the starter and keep CBJ as #2. I believe Den (in his roundabout way) feels the same way. I'm of the mindset that if Rivers went down, our season is toast anyway, so why not see what Sorensen can do.

CBJ was important in previous years as he did all the relaying to PR, even while he was #3. But we had Volek as a solid #2. I don't know what CBJ's role is now that he is no longer Norv's mouthpiece.

I believe at the end of the day CBJ will be kept as #2 but Sorensen looks to b the better QB. Folks are afraid (and feel McCoy and co would feel the same way) to have an 7th round rookie, after just three preseason games, supplant CBJ to be Rivers's backup. Hence, my question about what it would take to keep all three QBs on the roster this year.
      Yeah, this.
      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
        what awareness and knowledge does CBJ possess?
        That guy shouting on the street corner assured me (CB)J knows and is aware of everything.
        Adipose

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          That guy shouting on the street corner assured me (CB)J knows and is aware of everything.
          I thought that guy on the street corner was (CB)J.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

So every Vet quarterback needs a vet backup? I don't buy this theory and if you look around the league, it's not true.

Keep the rook, cut the guy who sucked in Seattle.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Every Rookie QB needs a vet backup. This is why CBJ might, MIGHT have trade value...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

That and Norv may want him to call the plays into Weeden.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Turning water into wine and sending turds into Weeden.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Charged up
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I would take a 7th rounder for Charles not in charge.

Comment

• Yubaking
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                      This thread is comical. Yes, we know CBJ's limitations & I love Sorensen's potential. BS has outplayed CBJ so far. But any who favour cutting CBJ to give BS the backup job is completely overlooking part of the backup QB's role. I would be loath to have a rookie in that role.
                      Sorenson has looked much better than CBJ thus far in preseason games. He is more poised, sees the field better and has a better arm. He actually looks more like a veteran than CBJ does. We already know what CBJ can't do. I would much rather have Sorenson as our #2 QB. I would trust him more than CBJ if Rivers ever went down. Besides, if Rivers ever went down, the team would be screwed anyway, just less screwed with Sorenson than CBJ.

Also, I am not sure about what part of holding a clipboard you think Sorenson can't do that Craphurst can do. I think that it is a great spot for a rookie with potential to be.

Comment

• Vermstyr
                        ACEofSPADES11
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mass
                        • Send PM

So, now that Tebow is available, why go with either of these chumps? Eh? EH?

In all seriousness though, I think that Tebow could actually work in the system McCoy/Wiz are setting up. He cannot throw on the run, and neither can Rivers, and the passes are going to be shorter/quicker so perhaps his accuracy issues would not be too much of a concern.

Plus, with a Godly (quite literally the man loves God) QB coach in Frank Reich perhaps he would improve a bit and I am sure he and Rivers would get along great.

We already know the team is doomed with Whitehurst at the helm, so why not bring in someone who, while mediocre, has actually won games before? IMO, I think it is a very interesting prospect.

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Vermstyr View Post
                          We already know the team is doomed with Whitehurst at the helm, so why not bring in someone who, while mediocre, has actually won games before?
                          You mean, someone like CBJ?
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X