• Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

That’s really high…..
    This team has so many holes…
    Even with 2 2’s which I’m hoping for.
    I like Sinnott, but damn…

The bottom line is this team simply cannot stay at 5.
    They just can’t.
    Agree, i do like Sinnott too but not at 37. Top of the 4th im good with it. Thats how the deep slide is from Bowers as he wont be the second TE drafted....and any TE imo we draft after Bowers will be a develope type guy and play here and there but wont start. You dont draft those guys at 37 in a draft this deep at other areas.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, i like Sinnott too but not at 37. Top of the 4th im good with it. Thats how the deep slide is from Bowers....and any TE imo we draft after Bowers will be a develope type guy and play here and there but wont start. You dont draft those guys at 37 in a draft this deep at other areas.
      know you keep on top of things, and would guess that you've seen pundit o' plenty w/Sinnott slotted in the second, if not early in the second, and.... will go out on the proverbial limb and say that he could well catch more balls/gain more yards than your boy Bowers.... reminder that his hands and blocking are just as good if not better than Brock, and that he is the better deep threat.... will volunteer that he is better value day two than Brock day one.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
        Outside of a talented QB, next 3 positions in order of importance- OT, Edge, CB?
        Fuaga, Alt?
        Verse, Turner, Latu?
        Mitchell, De Jean, Arnold?

We could certainly improve at all 3 spots.
        But giving your best player( Herbert) the time to do what he does best MUST be the most critical aspect of this decision, no? Hell, we could draft MHJ, Nabors and Bowers but if JH doesn't have any time to throw( and we have no running game!), won't matter.

Ideally we get an offer to move back, collect draft assets, and build JH a really good O line.
        That would be LOT, not ROT. We have a LOT. For this year we don't need Edge. Next year is a different story. Pressing needs
        are CB, WR, DL, LB, RB and C. Based on most big boards if we stay at #5 the choices are a WR or OT. If we trade down all
        bets are off.

Why OT if it's not a glaring need?
        1. @5 the big board says OTs or WR.
        2. Jim Harbaugh is our HC who believes in a strong O line group. Our Oline isn't the worst or close to best for that matter.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

know you keep on top of things, and would guess that you've seen pundit o' plenty w/Sinnott slotted in the second, if not early in the second, and.... will go out on the proverbial limb and say that he could well catch more balls/gain more yards than your boy Bowers.... reminder that his hands and blocking are just as good if not better than Brock, and that he is the better deep threat.... will volunteer that he is better value day two than Brock day one.
          Actually, i havent. I do not read near as much as you do,.. im being serious. You must read every article you see on prospects and ive actually asked you before where you saw some things....and ive never heard of them, or it.

Its not a bad thing, just saying. I dont like to read a ton actually. I do but id rather watch and then read some scouting reports after ive watched.

I like to stick with my handful or sources that i like that have been pretty decent. I honestly have never seen him in the second round...and dont think he should be in the second round. But if he does, i will ask you for those sources and add them to my others. I can see mid to late round three, but for us, top of round 4 id be good real with him as a value.

Im not sure why you have some vendetta for Bowers other than i like him so much. IMO better than Kincaid , more versatile and they are about the same size. Kincaid measurred 6'3.5", 246....Bowers 6'3.25, 243, Bowers faster, more versatile, younger, does more things, better blocker. How you see different i just dont know. You never gave reasons. You always say intangibles about players but never give reasons or what those are that you see.

And sorry, to call Sinnott a better deep threat is just ridiculous. He also isnt a better short threat or with the ball in his hands, though he isnt bad. Bowers runs a 4.53 to Sinnots 4.68 and he is a better deep threat? LBs can cover Sinnott in the NFL. He can catch and he can block pretty decent, but he likely wont start unless he goes to a very TE needy team. Michael Mayer is a better prospect and he didnt start for the Raiders. Had 27 receptions.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-15-2024, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Are we talking overall draft or prospects Chargers have a realistic chance of drafting?
            Overall.
            LIke I have MHJ as my #1WR
            Alt for OT, Newton for DT, Sweat for NT .....Sainristil as #1NB.
            ​​​​they have a chance to get any of them.....but obviously not a bunch of them... But perhaps 2 maybe 3. If they can get Sweat and Sainristil in rds 2 and 3. Just wondering who you best at each spot is.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Overall.
              LIke I have MHJ as my #1WR
              Alt for OT, Newton for DT, Sweat for NT .....Sainristil as #1NB.
              ​​​they have a chance to get any of them.....but obviously not a bunch of them... But perhaps 2 maybe 3. If they can get Sweat and Sainristil in rds 2 and 3. Just wondering who you best at each spot is.
              My #1s, no relation to where I think they go or anything

WR MHJ
              TE Bowers
              OT Alt
              RT Fuaga
              MLB Cooper
              Edge Verse
              OG Barton/Beebe (unsure)
              OC JPJ
              CB1 Mitchell
              NB = I'll go Sainristil with you, why not

I didn't even look at safeties or QBs really ...
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Schrager's draft has AZ trading down 2 spots with the Giants so they can pick JJ, leaving us with our first choice of the receivers and taking MHJ.

In his first mock of the 2024 NFL Draft, Peter Schrager has the Giants trading up for QB J.J. McCarthy. Meanwhile, the Vikings come away with a cornerback, as well as a quarterback of their own. Check out the full first-round forecast, 1-32.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Schrager's draft has AZ trading down 2 spots with the Giants so they can pick JJ, leaving us with our first choice of the receivers and taking MHJ.

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schra...and-pick-cb-qb
                  Yea...everyone is sleeping on the Giants...but they have the leverage to screw the Vikes, in that they can offer AZ something Minn cant...a trade back that still lands them a top 3 receiver...

All the more reason for the Vikes to enlist us in a blockbuster, 3way deal. Then AZ, moving back to 5, gets a pick in next years draft, AND MHjr...and we get 11 and 23. Thats the scenario Ive called since the Vikes picked up 23...interested to see if it actually goes down like that...fingers crossed.
                  The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Yea...everyone is sleeping on the Giants...but they have the leverage to screw the Vikes, in that they can offer AZ something Minn cant...a trade back that still lands them a top 3 receiver...

All the more reason for the Vikes to enlist us in a blockbuster, 3way deal. Then AZ, moving back to 5, gets a pick in next years draft, AND MHjr...and we get 11 and 23. Thats the scenario Ive called since the Vikes picked up 23...interested to see if it actually goes down like that...fingers crossed.
                    Yeah, the Giants are just staying quiet about it. I bet they do this and theres no way NE isnt taking a QB and they do there. For us in this one, no trading partner but MHJ would be a good one for us.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

QB2 * you think that we need a third QB, and someone better than Easton
                      RB1 * you're gonna spend 37 on your starting RB
                      RB2 * you like Gus, but you want someone to spell him sooner than later and prolly gonna cost you 69
                      RB3 * perhaps you want a second back from this draft and can get one day three
                      WR1 * five overall or bust
                      WR4 * you're ok w/Palmer 'n QJ for now, albeit you want someone from this draft, and perhaps willing to spend day two capital
                      WR5 * you're content to wait 'til day three for a wideout, as you're planning to add someone decent in FA still
                      TE1 * Brock or bust
                      TE2 * willing to spend some day two draft capital to ensure we have answers for the if and when Hurst goes down or is not re signed
                      TE4 * Joe got us two front line TEs, and so we can wait patiently 'til day three for TE depth
                      OT3 * you want to replace Sarell
                      RT1 * you're not ok w/Pips as front line protection for our Golden God
                      OG1 * you're moving Jamaree over to RT and need some top shelf talent in front of JH10
                      OG3 * either McFadden moves to the OC, or Salyer slides right and you want some depth behind whomever gets the starting nod
                      OC1 * you don't believe the Bozeman is the answer, and like what you see @23 or 37
                      OC2 * are ok w/the Bozeman, but not overly sold on McFadden @the OC, and would like to hedge your bets here

* you've got nine picks overall, and this is just one side of the ball....
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

NT1 * how many NTs have we had this 21st century, and is that ever going to change, and is there someone worthy of your draft capital this go 'round
                        DT1 * don't see Poona as your starter, and would love to trade down for the likes of a Jer'Zhan or Byron Murphy round one, or you see someone @37 you like
                        DT2 * you think Poona is gonna get the lion's share of the snaps here, but would still like to hedge your bets against him and our youth behind him
                        DE2 * not sold on Bosa's availability and perhaps not sure that Tuli is gonna be star enough to your liking and would like to hedge your bets, early on
                        ED1 * convinced Mack won't be here next year, and def not sold on Rumph behind him, and so this is a high round one priority
                        ED2 * would like to have someone to develop behind Mack, if not in solid rotation this next season
                        OLB1 * Henley smenley, as not sure he is the goods, and really need a decent coverage LB that is not gonna have durability concerns
                        OLB2 * would like to give our young guys a(nother) chance here, and are content to draft some depth behind them
                        ILB1 * Denzel is a huge injury concern, not to mention he can't cover didley, and you feel it's paramount to give Minter someone that best fits his scheme
                        ILB2 * am ok w/Denzel for now, but would like a day two guy or maybe even day three (Jeremiah Trotter) to groom behind Denzel
                        CB1 * you don't think Fulton is a cover one kinda CB, and are adamant that we need to spend early draft capital here to handle the No.1 wideouts
                        CB2 * you are fine giving Fulton a shot to return to form, but would def like to hedge your bets here, behind the both of him and Asante (@boundary corner)
                        NB1 * not one of those guys that claims we have not one, but two guys who can play the slot, and wish to get a competent Callahan replacement, day two
                        NB2 * you are ok w/Ja'Sir for now, but would like to see if you can hedge your bet somewhere in the draft and extract a gem from later on in the process
                        FS1 * not sold on JT Woods, nor a huge fan of Alohi as your FS, and would like to find a day two talent to play Minter's Cover 3
                        FS2 * you are ok w/giving Woods another shot @things, and are ok w/Gilman alongside Derwin, but would like to see if you could hedge your bets here some
                        SS2 * thinkin' you need a third SS for Minter's D, and are maybe thinkin' about what life might be without DJ, via either trade or another injury plagued season

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Id guess Poona they see at NT. Whether or not he will start, idk but he has played a lot of games at NT in Seattle. Other than that, don't know their plan or who else they see there.

Comment

Working...
                          X