First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If he truly is as elite of a blocker as advertised, what was once one of the weakest aspects on the team (TE blocking) becomes a strength.
    It's pretty evident when watching the all-22 that the TE blocking was a MAJOR factor in our lack of a running game last year. It was awful, worse than awful. Not sure if you listen to Matt "Money" Smith's podcast, but he screams about that constantly. Even during the weekly in-season episodes he was all over that as the biggest issue on the offense.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

It's pretty evident when watching the all-22 that the TE blocking was a MAJOR factor in our lack of a running game last year. It was awful, worse than awful. Not sure if you listen to Matt "Money" Smith's podcast, but he screams about that constantly. Even during the weekly in-season episodes he was all over that as the biggest issue on the offense.
      I've said all of our 2022 TEs were shit blockers ... many have posted otherwise. I say you are right.

We now have a guy that literally, legally, legit owns the C-Gap. He, like, has asigned deed or pink slip or something for it, for reals. thats what i hear ...
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Hortiz
        BPA, you are never one player away.
        It's got to make sense to trade away from good players because we are going to be staring at great players.

Just seem like he all about getting his money's worth in all his moves as well as his philosophy.

I'm so glad I'm not hearing we like big receivers.
        Or good players cost money.

Instead I'm hearing there will be good WRs all draft and after draft and some good WRs will become available.

Just night and day difference between Telescant draft or build a physical roster and the new GM Joe Cool Hortiz who is clearly all about getting it done up front and in run game, so they others can thrive.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Jack Burton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

Listen to today’s podcast. It’s really good. Lots of talk about all the WRs int he draft….

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2024
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jrock1970 View Post
            I'm starting to get the feeling that Chargers are going to try to trade down, get extra picks and then trade back into 1st rd with '25 1st and '24 change. Trying to get 2-3 1st rd picks to get as much top tier talent this year. FA moves and salary dumps to gain way more cap space then needed for what picks we have and they are showing an aversion to spending even mid $$ on avail FA's. Just my opinion. Thinking only 7 picks made this year?
            I like the fact you're thinking out of the box on this. It's that fun time of year.
            There are only two issues I see that would have to be considered in this scenario
            1. They have Justin Herbert's balloon payment due quickly after this season (as well as Slater's extension) and they may need to start building depth this year just in case some more hard decisions will have to come by 2026. Start developing them now.
            2. They only have about 16-18 players with a 1st round grade in this draft. So, 3 1st rounders this year would be bad value for them if they are drafting players with a 2nd round grade at 1st round money.

This draft is lacking Blu-Chip Talent and may have about 7-8 Blue Chippers maybe. (Outside of the QB's)
            This is why I believe Hortiz is/will be adamant about that 2025 1st for pick #5 just to continue the discussion. (Although I don't think he wants to trade out anyway)

However, at the end of the day anything is possible in these things. If the draft was that predictable, Mel Kiper would be a Hall of Fame GM by now.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2024
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Listen to today’s podcast. It’s really good. Lots of talk about all the WRs int he draft….

Hello Jack,

If you're talking about the Money Podcast?
              Has he begun to pivot off the Trade back for OLine talk yet with Brett Kollman? I expect him to start to pivot by next Tuesday.

He'll save face by saying "The offers weren't good enough" or "They didn't get the value they wanted" or "He's starting to hear...."

I've been waiting for it to come.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2024
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

I like the fact you're thinking out of the box on this. It's that fun time of year.
                There are only two issues I see that would have to be considered in this scenario
                1. They have Justin Herbert's balloon payment due quickly after this season (as well as Slater's extension) and they may need to start building depth this year just in case some more hard decisions will have to come by 2026. Start developing them now.
                2. They only have about 16-18 players with a 1st round grade in this draft. So, 3 1st rounders this year would be bad value for them if they are drafting players with a 2nd round grade at 1st round money.

This draft is lacking Blu-Chip Talent and may have about 7-8 Blue Chippers maybe. (Outside of the QB's)
                This is why I believe Hortiz is/will be adamant about that 2025 1st for pick #5 just to continue the discussion. (Although I don't think he wants to trade out anyway)

However, at the end of the day anything is possible in these things. If the draft was that predictable, Mel Kiper would be a Hall of Fame GM by now.
                Agreed. The thought was if they get a '25 1st in a moderate trade down they could try to flip it, a '25 2nd and '24 3rd for something in the 15-20 range. They'd still have a '25 1st so they could still concievably net a "blue chipper" next yr....unless they get a couple rounds into the playoffs😁🤞. One thing we don't know is if Horitz and Co have 10 or 20 players with 1st rd grade. Herbie's $$ is one thing, but I think what they do with Mack/Bosa situation will be most important.....do they re-sign either, one or move/ let go both. Interesting times to say the least. FWIW...Horitz just re-iterated his draft philosophy again today......and Bilicheck just said that 95% of rumors/ trade noise is made up. Truths dont start falling until last day before draft. I'm jonesing for the draft drug!!!🤣

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2024
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Jrock1970 View Post

Agreed. The thought was if they get a '25 1st in a moderate trade down they could try to flip it, a '25 2nd and '24 3rd for something in the 15-20 range. They'd still have a '25 1st so they could still concievably net a "blue chipper" next yr....unless they get a couple rounds into the playoffs😁🤞. One thing we don't know is if Horitz and Co have 10 or 20 players with 1st rd grade. Herbie's $$ is one thing, but I think what they do with Mack/Bosa situation will be most important.....do they re-sign either, one or move/ let go both. Interesting times to say the least. FWIW...Horitz just re-iterated his draft philosophy again today......and Bilicheck just said that 95% of rumors/ trade noise is made up. Truths dont start falling until last day before draft. I'm jonesing for the draft drug!!!🤣
                  So next year they will have currently $107 million in cap space that they can manipulate. I expect they will keep one of those pass rushers, but you make a great point as to why that additional 2025 draft capital will be important to them. They may have to move around to replenish a Premium Position in 2025.
                  In Bill's defense he was talking about how he himself makes up rumors, deflects and snorts in the microphone 95% of the time. .

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Hello Jack,

Has he begun to pivot off the Trade back for OLine talk yet with Brett Kollman? I expect him to start to pivot by next Tuesday.

He'll save face by saying "The offers weren't good enough" or "They didn't get the value they wanted" or "He's starting to hear...."

Yeah its out on the podcast but not on YouTube yet.
                    They discuss with Matt Harmon all the WRs and how they play into the Chargers..

Odunze and Harrison are the true X receivers that seem to fit LA. They discuss QJ too and his role with Harbaugh.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2024
                      • Send PM

So next year they will have currently $107 million in cap space that they can manipulate. I expect they will keep one of those pass rushers, but you make a great point as to why that additional 2025 draft capital will be important to them. They may have to move around to replenish a Premium Position in 2025.
                      In Bill's defense he was talking about how he himself makes up rumors, deflects and snorts in the microphone 95% of the time. .
                      Are you assuming Bilicheck IS defendable???🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I'm kinda leaning to hoping they keep Mack if still performing well. I love Bosa's abilities, but don't love his avail-abilities or his Immaturity👍

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Hello Jack,

And there's the old reliable pivot cliches:

"There was talk of trading down earlier, but now I'm hearing from inside sources that..."
                        "Staying at #5 gives us the BPA"
                        "He's just a winner"
                        "He's got all the intangibles"

ZZZZzzzZZZzzzzzZzzz...

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And there's the old reliable pivot cliches:

"There was talk of trading down earlier, but now I'm hearing from inside sources that..."
                          "Staying at #5 gives us the BPA"
                          "He's just a winner"
                          "He's got all the intangibles"

ZZZZzzzZZZzzzzzZzzz...
                          Money discusses Odunze a lot. They discuss the WRs and who is actually a fit and who based on metrics probably is going to be not much in the NFL.
                          It really, really sucks that Jermaine Burton my brother from another mother is such a nut job…

Comment

Working...
                          X