• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Former 49ers safety Donte Whitner, who played under Harbaugh in SF, is unapologetically confident Harbaugh is going to have the Chargers in the AFC Championship Game this season.

Do you agree with Whitner, yes or no?

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Former 49ers safety Donte Whitner, who played under Harbaugh in SF, is unapologetically confident Harbaugh is going to have the Chargers in the AFC Championship Game this season.

All I have to say is....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

All things equal with the 2024 Chargers - meaning roster, schedule, bye week, injuries, everything -- I am very confident that Jim Harbaugh will maximize this team and roster more than Dave Canales, Jerrod Mayo, Raheem Morris, Dan Quinn, Mike McDonald, Pierce Callahan and any other head coach they could have hired.

He was the best coaching candidate on the market and the Chargers got him. I look forward to seeing how the team evolves on the field

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
          "I'll see when I believe it". ??

KC has always had to look out for Herbert. It was the coaching that let Mahomes stay in the game.

It appears THAT has changed.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Must see viewing.
            Bucky Brooks, Money and Lo talking about what we are in for with the '24 Chargers offense.
            You might want to look at this before doing your next mock !
            Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-10-2024, 04:29 PM.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

No. I think they'll win 6 or 7 football games. 85% of the offensive touches have been run outta town & the guy coming in to run the offense got run outta town for not having a modern enough offense. Look how much better Baltimore was after he left. Playcallers never change their stripes. Harbaugh will probably get it done eventually but not until Roman is run outta town & replaced by a modern offensive playcaller.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

No. I think they'll win 6 or 7 football games. 85% of the offensive touches have been run outta town & the guy coming in to run the offense got run outta town for not having a modern enough offense. Look how much better Baltimore was after he left. Playcallers never change their stripes. Harbaugh will probably get it done eventually but not until Roman is run outta town & replaced by a modern offensive playcaller.
                As we stand now we are a 7-10 team...this is what the draft is for and if we get better as a team thru the season things can develop just as it did for Houston.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Must see viewing.
                  Bucky Brooks, Money and Lo talking about what we are in for with the '24 Chargers offense.
                  Just watched,

Very enjoyable and infomative podcast.

Yes you are right Wu, I have now fully let go of the notion of a shiny weapon in round one. The first pick of the Harbaugh era is going to be an offensive lineman. And I dont think it is going to be Joe Alt. Bucky nailed it when he said these guys dont want a dancing bear that can pass block, they want a mauler at RT that will flatten guys in the run game. Sure sounds like Fuaga at 11 is their dream or if not Latham.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

A good OT at 11 is not a bad idea, especially when you need one.
                    Not an OG !

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      A good OT at 11 is not a bad idea, especially when you need one.
                      Not an OG !
                      I have never minded a RT at 11 with the extra picks. Its smart. I just dont love a RT at 5

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Just watched,

Very enjoyable and infomative podcast.

Yes you are right Wu, I have now fully let go of the notion of a shiny weapon in round one. The first pick of the Harbaugh era is going to be an offensive lineman. And I dont think it is going to be Joe Alt. Bucky nailed it when he said these guys dont want a dancing bear that can pass block, they want a mauler at RT that will flatten guys in the run game. Sure sounds like Fuaga at 11 is their dream or if not Latham.
                        Lo Neal was sure chomping at the bit.

It is a transformation that is shocking in how rapidly it is occurring, and that there are these four truly elite weapons right there for the taking.

I believe the Chargers will take the best trade down they can get.

Of course one thing must be remembered.

If we roll with a bunch of blocking WR #2s, there will be no need to double team anyone, and that is the value of a big dog,

DBs will be free to blitz, stack the box, patrol passing lanes, lots of nasty stuff.

Greg Roman had better make it all epic.

I think this can be KC's kryptonite.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Must see viewing.
                          Thank you for sharing. Brooks said exactly what I have during this draft season--and what I've been wanting ever since Marty Schottenheimer was fired. Build a tough, physical team that nobody wants to play. Great job by Brooks mentioning Schottenheimer. And I hope Brooks is right about an offensive lineman being Harbaugh's first pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X