Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
      Firing McCoy right now could be the best PR move the Chargers could make by far.
      We all said the same thing about firing FIBiani :shock:

Most of us said that for the last 2-3 years of NOrv.

Many said that about Pagano when he was LB coach- and they promoted him.

They didn't fire anyone when it was time, what does that tell us?

They won't until they are ready using whatever logic they use about hiring & firing coaches.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        We all said the same thing about firing FIBiani :shock:

Most of us said that for the last 2-3 years of NOrv.

Many said that about Pagano when he was LB coach- and they promoted him.

They didn't fire anyone when it was time, what does that tell us?

They won't until they are ready using whatever logic they use about hiring & firing coaches.
        You would think this would be a "special circumstance" with the stadium vote basically one month away but you're probably right...

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

It's because the Spanos family, from top to bottom, are idiots when it comes to all matters regarding the NFL.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

When you bring in a new GM and coach sometimes it works wonders like Butler/AJ/Marty and sometimes, well mostly, not so much. 4 years of both TT/McCoy tell me that this combo ain't working. It's not going to suddenly be great in year 5 or even 6.

I say get a new GM and let him bring in a new coaching staff. Something needs to change. Other than Rivers/Gates the 53 man roster has changed to be McCoy/TT guys and I'm not pleased with what I'm seeing. We will be making a serious decision regarding the end/Post Rivers era soon. I'm not comfortable with this regime making those plans

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
              I say get a new GM and let him bring in a new coaching staff. Something needs to change
              Wont happen. The last time Dean allowed that was after the Bobbys fiasco, which backfired, and ever since then Captain Deano has had input on various parts of the coaching staff (even to this day, Dean hasn't conceded much control of the team, even when he gave his son a better job title)

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

So, back when I earned the title, "Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM", my entire message was that Telesco has been a shitty GM. And I was pretty much alone with that thought.

Now, three games later, it sounds like the majority want Telesco gone. Really? After three games? If y'all are furious about 1-2, I wonder why you didn't feel that way about 4-12.

I actually like what Telesco has done since I stopped bitching about him. He got us a center that has elevated our offensive line from non-existent to so good, we have the 3rd-most points in the league. And who the fuck is this Reid character? And that Hayward? Those guys look pretty awesome so far. Even that dude, Brown, who, while I'm still not loving that he celebrated a good play which turned out to be meaningless, is, so far, a play maker. At this point, I'm not ready to ditch Telesco. I could change my mind by the end of the year - but I can guarantee you I'm not going to be basing any calls for drastic measures on three games.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

People aren't complaining about telesco because of 3 games, just as nobody's complaining about the coaches just for these last 3 games. It's the entirety of their tenure up to this point that people have finally gotten sick of

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

If he was let go after this year, would you guys consider John Fox?

He has San Diego connections and would probably want to stick it to Denver.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                      People aren't complaining about telesco because of 3 games, just as nobody's complaining about the coaches just for these last 3 games. It's the entirety of their tenure up to this point that people have finally gotten sick of
                      They weren't complaining before these three games, so, no, it isn't about the entirety of his tenure. It's about three games.

Now that I re-read these messages though, most of the complaints are about McCoy and not necessarily the guy who hired him. So I'm not completely accurate with my complaint about the complaints.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                        • Send PM

I will raise my hand and say that I haven't been critical of Telesco. He did have a good offseason. We are nearly a quarter of the way into this season and I think I've now seen enough to know that what I thought was a bruised apple is actually rotten. This roster is entirely of TT/McCoys making. We have the same fatal flaws we have always had under this regime. There are the makings of a decent team here but something is missing. I can't place it; Attitude? Discipline? No killer instinct? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Will Spanos change? Probably not. Has this regime lost me? Absolutely. I'm not going to sit and pick. I will still support them and applaud the good but I want a change, a wholesale change.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                          I will raise my hand and say that I haven't been critical of Telesco. He did have a good offseason. We are nearly a quarter of the way into this season and I think I've now seen enough to know that what I thought was a bruised apple is actually rotten. This roster is entirely of TT/McCoys making. We have the same fatal flaws we have always had under this regime. There are the makings of a decent team here but something is missing. I can't place it; Attitude? Discipline? No killer instinct? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Will Spanos change? Probably not. Has this regime lost me? Absolutely. I'm not going to sit and pick. I will still support them and applaud the good but I want a change, a wholesale change.
                          Better players. We don't have good defensive players. I mean, a couple new ones look good so far, but I'm not ready to say they are great after three games. Overall, the defense is wretched if you look at it, position by position. I've brought it up many times - I'm not sure why people don't see it.

And, on offense, while the O'line looks to be much improved, it still is a lot closer to sucking ass than being great. It is less than mediocre.

So, there is your answer.

My opinion is based on the past three years though, not these three games. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far so that opinion of our talent could change. (Yea, I know - record wise, we suck. But I have more hope after these three games than I did before this year's draft, when I was all far getting a new GM).
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-26-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X