• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

Our offense can blow the doors off for 3 quarters and then can't find our dicks when it's crunch time. This Defense can have stretches where it looks good but it folds when it matters. We have decent players on both sides of the ball. This is a team that KNOWS it will blow it when the going gets tough. That is an illness within the organisation. That's not personnel. This team has the discipline and execution of a herd of stray cats in the 4th quarter.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
      Our offense can blow the doors off for 3 quarters and then can't find our dicks when it's crunch time. This Defense can have stretches where it looks good but it folds when it matters. We have decent players on both sides of the ball. This is a team that KNOWS it will blow it when the going gets tough. That is an illness within the organisation. That's not personnel. This team has the discipline and execution of a herd of stray cats in the 4th quarter.
      Name the decent players on the defense. I can think of one good one, and he hasn't made it through an entire season yet.

There are some I have hope for based on the three games we've played this season. But, based on the last three years, I can't think of anybody but Verrett. None of the other guys, in my opinion, have earned a starter's spot.

And going over the offense. There are two, maybe three good players who play full time. Rivers is great, and King Dunlap is decent. Orlando Franklin was apparently good before last season. The majority of the line is bad (again, based on the past three years - not these three games.) We haven't had a good receiver opposite Allen. And runningback? fullback? tight end? The only one you could make an argument for is Gates. But we haven't seen him play much when he isn't hopped up on PEDs. We'll see if he can even suit up for much of this season.
      Last edited by Guest; 09-26-2016, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
        I think a lot of it is 4th quarter fade due to the soft training camps and practices.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• homeless simpson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
          Name the decent players on the defense. I can think of one good one, and he hasn't made it through an entire season yet.

There are some I have hope for based on the three games we've played this season. But, based on the last three years, I can't think of anybody but Verrett. None of the other guys, in my opinion, have earned a starter's spot.

And going over the offense. There are two, maybe three good players who play full time. Rivers is great, and King Dunlap is decent. Orlando Franklin was apparently good before last season. The majority of the line is bad (again, based on the past three years - not these three games.) We haven't had a good receiver opposite Allen. And runningback? fullback? tight end? The only one you could make an argument for is Gates. But we haven't seen him play much when he isn't hopped up on PEDs. We'll see if he can even suit up for much of this season.
          You're mentioning all these things that the team is lacking, while wondering why people are down on Telesco.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post

I think Gorgon will be a stud. Hopefully with us.
            KA is a solid player with terrible luck.
            Woodhead is the toughest guy on this team pound for pound.
            Rivers never seems to get his shot at greatness.
            sigpic

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

#makeriversgreatagain

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

#itsreallytoughwiththeseidiotsincharge
                sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  I think Gorgon will be a stud. Hopefully with us.
                  KA is a solid player with terrible luck.
                  Woodhead is the toughest guy on this team pound for pound.
                  Rivers never seems to get his shot at greatness.
                  I think Gordon will be good too, but, so far, two coordinators don't believe it.
                  Keenan Allen isn't helping us right now.
                  Woodhead isn't helping us right now.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                    You're mentioning all these things that the team is lacking, while wondering why people are down on Telesco.

Yea. I mentioned all those things in the offseason and nobody, other than me, was down on Telesco.

So something has changed, and I'm wondering what that is. It can't be based on the three games we've seen. The players Telesco has added to this team this offseason have only made us better. So, why? Why have people suddenly jumped on Telesco?

That being said, I already stomped my question into the dirt a few messages ago. I admitted that people aren't really down on Telesco; they are mostly down on McCoy. I wanted McCoy gone last year because I thought he was too pussy to coach a team that isn't good enough to win without taking a bunch of risks. Now, the team, so far, seems better, so I'm not so sure McCoy is the wrong coach anymore. We might be good enough to win without taking many risks. I haven't made up my mind.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

#makeriversgreatagain
                      We need to win more trade deals.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

People aren't complaining about telesco because of 3 games, just as nobody's complaining about the coaches just for these last 3 games. It's the entirety of their tenure up to this point that people have finally gotten sick of
                        I was down on the hiring day one but wanted to give them a chance. McCoy made a lot of mistakes but the key was for him to learn from them. That never happened. Personally, I was at the point last year that he wouldn't learn but stay stuck in his ways. This season has confirmed it for me.

He might be a great guy, I thought Mike Riley was a great guy. Just not a HC.

And then I look at this defense. This team has rarely has 2 cbs worth anything. Now, that's the best position on D. But every other position on defense is lacking with a chance the OLBs can be good.
                        Last edited by oneinchpunch; 09-26-2016, 09:16 PM.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

TT just got extended last year. He's not going anywhere.

The real guy that needs to go is little Johnny IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X