• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Does there need to be a stipulation? Sometimes giving someone an interview is its own reward. Heck we ended up hiring Marcus Brady as pass game coordinator after interviewing him for the OC position. You never know how valuable it is for both sides.
    Yes, and that is great but they keep complaining about it. Just let me say this without it looking like rant because I don't mean it to be.

Marcus Brady had a job in the NFL already before we hired him.

Personally I couldn't care less about Kingsburry,.....However,.Steven A. Smith went on a rant yesterday about how Kingsburry got another opportunity for a OC job because he is white and blacks don't have those opportunities.

Turns out today that Magic Johnson persuaded him to come to Washington where he is part ownership. So SAS talked out his ass with no facts lol. He angry ranting.

Some are still angry and it will never end.

Me i dont care. If you are a good QB, coach, DC, HC whatever it is and whatever your color, ill hire you if you are deserving.

But the black card always comes out.
    I saw a figure recently on X that said the black population in the USA is only 13 or 16%....one of the two. Which I find low tbh, but maybe it is. Well hey now the HCs in the NFL is now 28% so they doing ok in a small sector of the higher echelon of the workplace.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Comment

• ChargerBooster
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Great ! Now hope you “Go get it“ !

As TRUE this coming season as it always has been,
        ”Defense wins Championships”.

And breaking that down, defense wins a lot of plays, possessions, situations and games.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

when was the last time we had a really good defense? OMG, this is probably one of the things I've missed the most even while we had awesome QBs, I fucking love defense, can't wait to see Minter turn this fucking thing around!!!
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

was it a clean sweep tho? today Hortiz praised the charger scouting department, he said he would continue to evaluate folks and bring some of his people in but it sounds like he's keeping some of the guys already working for the chargers...also with Ficken staying you can't really say it was a full on clean sweep of the coaching staff either, I would say it's been a "smart sweep" because they didn't just nuke the whole deal...
            I meant a clean sweep of the GM of the defensive and offensive coordinators, along with the HC of course.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I meant a clean sweep of the GM of the defensive and offensive coordinators, along with the HC of course.
              that is a lot of sweepage...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Anybody can also edit things on wikipedia. You can go to tom telescos wiki and edit it to say he can't draft for shit if you want to.
                Thats not already posted there in his bio?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

when was the last time we had a really good defense? OMG, this is probably one of the things I've missed the most even while we had awesome QBs, I fucking love defense, can't wait to see Minter turn this fucking thing around!!!
                  It's been a while. Maybe when Ron Rivera was here was the last time.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    I'm looking forward to having an aggressive defense again. Like the first half of the Michigan Alabama game. That kind of defense. Go get em Mr Jesse Minter

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

that is a lot of sweepage...
                      The people who will be making the decisions for the Chargers, from players, to offensive and defensive schemes are all new, men who know what they are doing, not lightweights. Ryan Ficken being the one holdover, is already one of these guys.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

What Jesse Minter wants from his EDGE players can be accomplished a lot more cheaply than with Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack.

Defensive linemen, especially on the interior, typically have intitial problems with the new scheme.

We do not have all we need at linebacker or safety.
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          What Jesse Minter wants from his EDGE players can be accomplished a lot more cheaply than with Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack.
                          Really? What makes you say that? I want to keep Mack and pair him with Tuipulotu. Trade Bosa. My only concern with this is that Tuipulotu did fade in the 2nd half of the season. In the week 9 Jets game, he had

2 sacks, giving him 4 on the season
                          2 TFL, giving him 7 on the season
                          2 QB hits, giving him 7 on the season

In weeks 10-17 he had

.5 sacks
                          1 TFL
                          5 QB hits, but never more than one per game

Tuipulotu played 74% of snaps on the season; after Bosa went down against GB in week 11, I think he played just about every defensive snap, and that correlated with his decline in production. So as a rookie, he was at his best as the #3 edge rusher, with Bosa and Mack drawing the most attention. Let's hope that he steps it up in his 2nd year when he is likely to be a starter. The fact that he had 5 QB hits even when his sack and TFL production dropped is encouraging.

Comment

Working...
                          X