• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Moore was not a step down from Lombo. I get that Moore was disappointing. But to say that he was "a step or two down" from Lombardi is reaching. I would get into it, but this thread is not for stuff on the offensive side of the ball. It's about Jesse Minter and anything related to the defense.

You can judge players based on their 2023 performance. Some we have enough to go on. Tu Tu is good, but after that the pieces on defense aren't that great. The team will need to find the players to replace the guys who will be leaving.
    We will simply disagree.That the O was more productive running and passing under Lombardi is a simple fact.. If you wish to present the concept that he had better players, go for it. I will agree Linsley is better than Clapp. Other than that I was shocked at the pass routes, run and pass blocking, lack of coordination and planning.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Moore was not a step down from Lombo. I get that Moore was disappointing. But to say that he was "a step or two down" from Lombardi is reaching. I would get into it, but this thread is not for stuff on the offensive side of the ball. It's about Jesse Minter and anything related to the defense.

You can judge players based on their 2023 performance. Some we have enough to go on. Tu Tu is good, but after that the pieces on defense aren't that great. The team will need to find the players to replace the guys who will be leaving.
      500 less total yards. >50 less points scored. Why not? I saw more games lost by the offense in 2023 than in 2022.

We’re lucky Spanos didnt listen to the TPB yahoos fangirls that called for Moore to be anointed HC before the first game.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We will simply disagree.That the O was more productive running and passing under Lombardi is a simple fact.. If you wish to present the concept that he had better players, go for it. I will agree Linsley is better than Clapp. Other than that I was shocked at the pass routes, run and pass blocking, lack of coordination and planning.
        I agree with you SJ
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

posted in the GRo thread that thought we could well have a top five O this go 'round, and will proffer here that under Minter & Co. think we could possibly climb into the top half of defensive rankings this next season, and.... think one of the main reasons is that this draft seems to be more Charger compatible on the offensive side of the ball than on the defensive side, and so.... will not be surprised if our draft leans offense this go 'round, and perhaps things are different for the '025 offseason ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Those things were happening with Lombardi like it did with Moore. Lombardi got to have the services of Linsely, Mike Williams, and Josh Palmer more. Moore didn't have them that much. I could point out and share the good about Moore, but this is discussion for stuff on the offense side of the ball. This thread is for things related to the defensive side of the ball.

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

500 less total yards. >50 less points scored. Why not? I saw more games lost by the offense in 2023 than in 2022.

We’re lucky Spanos didnt listen to the TPB yahoos fangirls that called for Moore to be anointed HC before the first game.
            This team has put up good numbers on offense over the years. Sometimes they helped with the wins, and other times they didn't.

I remember those clamoring for Moore to be HC. I wasn't one of them. We should be thankful that the Spanos listened to the cries of the fans in getting Harbaugh.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Those things were happening with Lombardi like it did with Moore. Lombardi got to have the services of Linsely, Mike Williams, and Josh Palmer more. Moore didn't have them that much. I could point out and share the good about Moore, but this is discussion for stuff on the offense side of the ball. This thread is for things related to the defensive side of the ball.

This team has put up good numbers on offense over the years. Sometimes they helped with the wins, and other times they didn't.

I remember those clamoring for Moore to be HC. I wasn't one of them. We should be thankful that the Spanos listened to the cries of the fans in getting Harbaugh.

W's count for everybody but back to Minter. We brought along several of the Mich D staff and S&C to help. Mich allowed @14 ppg which is basically awesome But this is the NFL.
              He has top NFL edge rushers and SS which are a nice start. Edge being the most highly rated players on an NFL D.
              I expect we'll add CB, DL in the draft day two, early three. Mainly Minter is better at communicating and adjusting his team D plan. If we avg 20 ppg or less, we're playoff caliber. So?
              The answers remain in the near future..

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don't think he's less or more...he was just very green in getting the oline to work together. You can't be good with X's and O's and not be able to coach those guys up...right now he has a lot to learn from other coaches and is way over his head as a head coach candidate.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

whatever happened to Ghost.... seemed he checked out coz peoples were a little too over the top in favor of Harbaugh for his liking.... ??

wonder who he likes in this draft.... ?? !!

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

whatever happened to Ghost.... seemed he checked out coz peoples were a little too over the top in favor of Harbaugh for his liking.... ??

wonder who he likes in this draft.... ?? !!
                    Good question. His last post was Oct 17th, two months before we knew Staley was gone.
                    Hope he is ok but it isn't the first time he has taken a hiatus.
                    Would imagine he would like to be part of this? 🤷

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Ghost, ghosts.
                      but like the wonderful McRib, he is a treat, and only available for a limited time.
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                      X