Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I’m a big fan of this signing. I think this pushes RB down the draft board. Maybe 6th because they still have Spiller and I think he will get his chances this year. I also think they are going to try and get the most out of Dobbins, and get him to have a really good year so they can get another comp pick in a couple years.
    Ditto. Ecstatic about this signing, so much potential. I don't know if it negates the need to draft an RB on Day 2 or in the 4th round. They can't depend on Dobbins staying healthy and Spiller just does not have it.

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
      So looks like we have our Running backs room.

Gus Edwards

J.K. Dobbins
      Hoping they still go get Kimani Vidal in the late rounds. If he even makes it that far…

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Ditto. Ecstatic about this signing, so much potential. I don't know if it negates the need to draft an RB on Day 2 or in the 4th round. They can't depend on Dobbins staying healthy and Spiller just does not have it.
        I think they have something in Spiller and I hope he gets his shot. The last coaching staff are the ones that didn’t have it.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

good signing - just another RB to add to the mix. if Dobbins can stay healthy, he has been very good

doesn't mean the team cannot still draft RB though -- but I don't see Corum in Round 3
          I think it’s Edwards, Spiller, Dobbins, and now a really late day 3 pick.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It doesn't *negate* the need, but makes that need less urgent or compelling.

Now, if there's a DT or CB Hortiz likes in the 3rd or 4th, he has more of an option to bypass RB.

My expectations of Spiller amount to ZERO, but with the new offensive philosophy in place, it can only help.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

There may be a total of three RBs the Bolts. evaluators see as being excellent fits for what the offense will be doing, moving forward.

If any of those three drop into Day 3, I could see him being selected. A guy like Audric Estime or Braelon Allen, maybe.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Lol

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

There may be a total of three RBs the Bolts. evaluators see as being excellent fits for what the offense will be doing, moving forward.

If any of those three drop into Day 3, I could see him being selected. A guy like Audric Estime or Braelon Allen, maybe.
                  does it even make sense to draft a RB at this point? it's significant that they signed him BEFORE the draft, before teams started scrambling to fill holes they couldn't fill in the draft...right now the RB room looks kind of full already and that doesn't eliminate another guy signing in UDRFA, we havePatterson and Dotson too
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

IDK, they already have Dobbins, Edwards, Spiller, Patterson, and Dotson, there are still cheap veterans out there too, with all the other depth issues that need to be addressed I'm wondering if they didn't just take RB right off the draft board?
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

A Jim Harbaugh team is about RBs and TEs...look for both rooms to be well stocked come TC, and that means RB still a draft need...just likely day 3, vs a Corum, Benson, Brooks type player on day 2.

Remember...both Edwards and Dobbins have some injury woes...Spiller unproven...definitely drafting a RB, IMO
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

IDK, they already have Dobbins, Edwards, Spiller, Patterson, and Dotson, there are still cheap veterans out there too, with all the other depth issues that need to be addressed I'm wondering if they didn't just take RB right off the draft board?
                        With better blocking up front and more downhill approach, and how much they want to stay committed and balance with the run, they will always need RB talent. I think they will draft a RB to compete with the group if he is BPA on the board.
                        Then keep the best 4 on 53 man roster.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                          So looks like we have our Running backs room.

Gus Edwards

J.K. Dobbins
                          Not comforting. Draft one for when Dobbins gets hurt again.

Comment

Working...
                          X