• Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

How about: "11...23...108...2025 #1...HIKE!"
    Yes. Then turn around and start finding trade partners for that 2025 1st and if you find one, and you should, take it and use the pic(s) in this draft.

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
      Question- If the Broncos want to trade up to 5 in exchange for their 1st round this year, 1st round next year and CB Pat Surtain, would you do that trade?

I might ask for their 2nd or 3rd this year as well. QB tax and division rival will cost more than usual. Sean Payton said they are desperate.
      Lots of the podcast guys are saying no fucking way.
      You just don’t trade divisionally and you especially don’t for a franchise QB.
      And if it’s JJ, considering that Harbaugh was his coach, no way.
      You just can’t help a divisional rival by giving them a franchise QB.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Yes. Then turn around and start finding trade partners for that 2025 1st and if you find one, and you should, take it and use the pic(s) in this draft.
        Actually, I would think Trader Joe would let those other teams wait and sweat until he's on the clock in 2025 before trading down from that pick...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Agree...why should we help the Donks or Raiduhs to beat us?

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Question- If the Broncos want to trade up to 5 in exchange for their 1st round this year, 1st round next year and CB Pat Surtain, would you do that trade?

I might ask for their 2nd or 3rd this year as well. QB tax and division rival will cost more than usual. Sean Payton said they are desperate.
            Are the Broncos willing to give up all of those? Would any other team be willing to give up their first round pick this year and the next year? I don't think many teams are.

I hope Denver picks the wrong QB. When they do pick one. I want them to keep going through the same cycle they've been going in.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

They can, it just takes a much better offer to trade within division. If they want #5.
              #12, Surtain, and more. Joe is not just getting Surtain and picks in the deal, as he mentioned, he is also moving down away from a great player he is staring.
              If pick #5 becomes the hot commodity, then Joe Cool is in the catbird seat.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually, I would think Trader Joe would let those other teams wait and sweat until he's on the clock in 2025 before trading down from that pick...
                I think they want to maximize this draft and get as many starter players as they can since next year isn’t considered the monster draft this is at positions they need.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

They can, it just takes a much better offer to trade within division. If they want #5.
                  #12, Surtain, and more. Joe is not just getting Surtain and picks in the deal, as he mentioned, he is also moving down away from a great player he is staring.
                  If pick #5 becomes the hot commodity, then Joe Cool is in the catbird seat.
                  We’ve discussed this trade here before and I think the aspect of trading JJ McCarthy, Harbaughs national championship winning QB to a division rival is a lot of unnecessary pressure to place on him right out of the gate.
                  And you are giving him to Payton who takes talented QBs and makes them way better. I’m not sure it’s a good idea in terms of the fan bases and how much non stop incoming shit talking would take place endlessly from that point on. It could really backfire.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Only if Nathan MacKinnon is in the deal !

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

If we make a good trade for ourselves, how is that helping a division rival ?

DEN is desperate to get a QB, whether it is with us or someone else.

On the other side of the coin is Surtain's contract and the ramifications thereof.

Add up all the pluses and minuses, and I would want a better trade partner.

NE might take this deal.

Really all we can do is prepare for all contingencies and see how the board looks when we are on the clock.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

11 23 108 at minimum for 5

Yeah, after hearing today I'll have to redo my mock.

However,. ..and I've no idea if it's true,....if Minnesota is balking at 2025 first,. ...then we are picking MHJ unless Hortiz is ok with getting 108....or 2025 2nd or 3rd.

And if we trade back with AZ, we looking at 11 , 23 or 27 and 66 minimum. Probably going to ask for more.

Hmm, maybe we ask for 11, 23 & 27 lol...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

They don't have a 2nd this year but I'd ask for their 3rd yes, maybe 4th too. Not sure I want to trade with the Raiders or Denver.

Comment

Working...
                          X