• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

And here I thought I was deciding some shit on these here forums, LOL...gimme a fucking break, you know damn well that teams with more complete rosters are in better position to take the occasional gamble on guys like this and even then only in certain special situations...unfortunately that's not the dilemma that the Chargers currently find themselves in...Superstition? Fine by me, you go ahead and dismiss the injury history as a predictor of future issues as mere superstition
    Right now we have Spiller with his 2.5 yards a carry and Dotson to go with Edwards. You want to talk about rolling the dice????

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      I still think if Dobbins looks like he checks out in his medicals, he is worth signing very cheap. He can always be cut if he doesn’t have any juice left or put on IR if he gets hurt again and the Chargers now have the money this year for a one year prove it deal. My prior post was just being realistic that he is a gamble. High reward, high bust type thing. If felt like some of us thought we were getting the Dobbins of his rookie year and that is not likely. Also Achilles is pretty tough to come back from as a RB.

TG
      It can be done. D'onta Foreman has salvaged a decent career after achilles

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

I’m all about signing Dobbins to a low contract on a 1 year prove it deal. That would probably push back drafting a RB to the 5-7 rounds which I’m fine with as well. There are always diamonds in the rough and there will be some good RBs in the later rounds.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Right now we have Spiller with his 2.5 yards a carry and Dotson to go with Edwards. You want to talk about rolling the dice????
          Still got the draft and with 9 picks they can afford to take a RB on day three,

BTW, it’s just my opinion I’m posting on forum where people post opinions, but to me dobbins is like more injury prone Sony Michel 2.0, basically a waste of a roster spot on a guy that is just going to break down when you need him most…it’s a sad reality and it sucks but it’s probably as risky as the hurst deal…To me, it’s just not good use of limited roster spots on guys that carry that much risk…

Hortiz shouldn’t just bring in every former raven…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
            I’m all about signing Dobbins to a low contract on a 1 year prove it deal. That would probably push back drafting a RB to the 5-7 rounds which I’m fine with as well. There are always diamonds in the rough and there will be some good RBs in the later rounds.
            I might also consider RB in rounds 3-4...need a true bell cow...

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If you could get a Kimani Vidal, Blake Watson or Tyrone Tracy in the 6th, I’m good with that if you have Dobbins, Edwards and Spiller already there.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I agree, although we all seem to have good ideas to draft about 4 or 5 different good players in rounds 3 and 4 lol.

I'm kind of sick of the leftover late round udfa JAG running back shit. Sure - much of it has been OL, but am I the only one that can see a difference on the field between truly good RBs and JAG RBs?

I'd like to see us have a real RB for a change. Its been a long time since we did.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Still got the draft and with 9 picks they can afford to take a RB on day three,

BTW, it’s just my opinion I’m posting on forum where people post opinions, but to me dobbins is like more injury prone Sony Michel 2.0, basically a waste of a roster spot on a guy that is just going to break down when you need him most…it’s a sad reality and it sucks but it’s probably as risky as the hurst deal…To me, it’s just not good use of limited roster spots on guys that carry that much risk…

Hortiz shouldn’t just bring in every former raven…
                  No, Dobbins has way more talent than Sony Michel who was a plodder. Dobbins looked amazing before all his injuries, Michel never did. 5.8 yards a carry in the NFL is impressive, and that is over 234 carries.

He is not bringing in every Raven but he does have interest in the RBs who averaged 5.8 and 5.0 yards a carry playing for his OC Greg Roman. They know the coach and the system.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

If you could get a Kimani Vidal, Blake Watson or Tyrone Tracy in the 6th, I’m good with that if you have Dobbins, Edwards and Spiller already there.
                    I think Tracy is a good sleeper in that scenario

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I agree, although we all seem to have good ideas to draft about 4 or 5 different good players in rounds 3 and 4 lol.

I'm kind of sick of the leftover late round udfa JAG running back shit. Sure - much of it has been OL, but am I the only one that can see a difference on the field between truly good RBs and JAG RBs?

I'd like to see us have a real RB for a change. Its been a long time since we did.
                      Yep...exactly! Tired of the Rountrees, Spillers, Kelleys, Jacksons, Watts, Horvaths, Grices, Bakers, Todmans, Johnsons, Hesters, etc....if we can make that deal with the Vikes and Cards, I'd even consider RB in round 2...we haven't had a true Bell Cow RB since LT...Mathews and Moaning Mel weren't too bad, but come on! Roman wants a solid ground game, so Bolts need to get serious...

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Yep...exactly! Tired of the Rountrees, Spillers, Kelleys, Jacksons, Watts, Horvaths, Grices, Bakers, Todmans, Johnsons, Hesters, etc....if we can make that deal with the Vikes and Cards, I'd even consider RB in round 2...we haven't had a true Bell Cow RB since LT...Mathews and Moaning Mel weren't too bad, but come on! Roman wants a solid ground game, so Bolts need to get serious...
                        We had LT and Turner in the day, but man we have had some shitty RBs under Telesco.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

U had me nodding my head until u got to Spiller...I still think we can go RB fairly early, in rounds 2-4...one of these dudes:

image.png

Comment

Working...
                          X