• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Hoping you’re right. Travis Benjamin never did. I’m still haunted by him running by himself to the EZ when PR long pass went in between the breadbasket.
    I’m still haunted by him running into the end zone for a safety from his own 20 after catching a fucking punt. TB was no rookie when he came to the Chargers, he doesn’t get a rookie exception
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

LOL! Malik wants a 4.28 because that's what he thinks he ran...!?

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

LOL! Malik wants a 4.28 because that's what he thinks he ran...!?
        One can dream. Isn’t it the opposite? Proday time is slower

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

U had me nodding my head until u got to Spiller...I still think we can go RB fairly early, in rounds 2-4...one of these dudes:

image.png
          We don’t even know what they have in Spiller because the coaching staff was trash the last 2 years as far as Oline. I’m a bit bullish on Spiller until I see him not perform/play under this coaching staff. He’s still only 22 I believe. I would love to see him come out of nowhere to play a much bigger role this year as opposed to the last 2 years.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I was going to say something bout that but didn't want it to sound like making excuses for him. The kid had to learn a lot because he was being asked to do a lot. He didn't look as bad toward the end of the season though.
            Doesn't fit the narrative... be careful.

But you're right. It's not nearly as bad as some want to portray.
            With the 21-personnel we'll run 50% of the time next year... it makes no sense to draft yet another 1st round WR.
            Which WR sits the bench 60% of the offensive snaps...?

Get the trade-back! #11 RT Fuaga. #23 LB Edgerrin Cooper. #37 DT. #69 CB. RB and WR in the 4th round. TE in the 5th round.
            Ready, set, attack! Run the MF'ing ball down their throats. Hit them deep when they cheat. Smashmouth offense, Warhammer defense.
            We're done finessing ourselves to death. Time to accept the obvious.

Comment

• Blastttoff
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

During the 2012 Crabtree had his best season. He was a YAC monster that year 544 yards out of his 1100 yard season.

Roman’s probably best year, and he’ll utilize Johnston the same way.

I expect QJ to have a bignyear

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Like it or not, QJ has to be seen as somewhat of a deep threat, now that he is past "the type of rookie season many have."
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Hortiz roster already looks like a team trying to win at line of scrimmage. Telesco old Chargers roster look like trying to win with big WRs and QB with shabby protection. Telesco thinks you need a few big plays to win games. You need WRs who can catch 50/50 jump ball. Hortiz thinks you need to kick your opponents butt at the of scrimmage to make it easy for you skill players. Hortiz is building a championship physical football team. Telesco was building a championship flag football team.
                  ​​​​​
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    Hortiz roster already looks like a team trying to win at line of scrimmage. Telesco old Chargers roster look like trying to win with big WRs and QB with shabby protection. Telesco thinks you need a few big plays to win games. You need WRs who can catch 50/50 jump ball. Hortiz thinks you need to kick your opponents butt at the of scrimmage to make it easy for you skill players. Hortiz is building a championship physical football team. Telesco was building a championship flag football team.
                    ​​​​
                    I agree here. We can see the old fields being plowed under and new seeds being planted …
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Hoping you’re right. Travis Benjamin never did. I’m still haunted by him running by himself to the EZ when PR long pass went in between the breadbasket.
                      Yep...Good old "Backwards Butterfingers Benji"...

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Doesn't fit the narrative... be careful.

But you're right. It's not nearly as bad as some want to portray.
                        With the 21-personnel we'll run 50% of the time next year... it makes no sense to draft yet another 1st round WR.
                        Which WR sits the bench 60% of the offensive snaps...?

Get the trade-back! #11 RT Fuaga. #23 LB Edgerrin Cooper. #37 DT. #69 CB. RB and WR in the 4th round. TE in the 5th round.
                        Ready, set, attack! Run the MF'ing ball down their throats. Hit them deep when they cheat. Smashmouth offense, Warhammer defense.
                        We're done finessing ourselves to death. Time to accept the obvious.
                        Kinda why I been high on Bowers. He is a perfect fit for a Y TE. Get an OT in back of first rnd and WR that can stretch the back half of the field in the 3rd or 4th rnd.

Wouldn't be upset with Fuaga and Coop either.
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Like it or not, QJ has to be seen as somewhat of a deep threat, now that he is past "the type of rookie season many have."
                          As soon as QJ improves his ability to get open and his catch rate, AND loses the butterfingers, he'll earn more respect from me...right now, he's near the bottom of the league:

image.png

In comparison, Slayer was in the top 10:

image.png

Models and data visualization from ESPN Analytics. NFL Draft, March Madness, receiver tracking metrics and more.
                          Last edited by Topcat; 03-28-2024, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X