• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Rumph sucks and cannot tackle, so replacing him with someone who can actually tackle would be an improvement
    Rumph was another classic TT reach, talk about a guy they probably could've landed in rounds six or seven...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Great job Hortiz. Keep mining the FA ranks for cheaper, proven quality depth.
      I hope they sign another vet edge...if Dupree came in he might sign us if he doesn't get the type of $ he was anticipating from anyone else...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        If they sign Dupree and add him to Mack, Bosa and Tuli, the pass rush from the edge is going to be monstrous (assuming Bosa doesn't suffer his annual season-ending injury).
        LOL, a Dupree signing would be designed to mitigate what will be the traditional Bosa absence...you honestly want to put any stock or money bet on Bosa staying healthy all year?

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I didn't see the Hayden Hurst thread to put this there but I'm sure it's no big deal to put this video here.
          very respectable thing HH is doing here.
          Love it.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

LOL, a Dupree signing would be designed to mitigate what will be the traditional Bosa absence...you honestly want to put any stock or money bet on Bosa staying healthy all year?
            Thats a good point about Bosa. I was thinking in terms of Rumph but also a hedge against an injury to Bosa. Might be able to limit the snaps Bosa plays to hopefully allow him to play 12+ games this year

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Dupree is worth more than vet minimum...
              yeah - I'd guess he's around a $4M-$5M type short deal? guesses are free ... there are very few edge players making less that are not either still on their rookie contract or dog meat.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Interesting. If you wanted to poke holes in Pipkins statement, you could .Try it... Go look at the entire statement on OL and Pipkins....not just the Pipkins as best 5 part which you are backing.
                Like the part Jim said “Don’t rule anything out, who’s going to play where. We’re going to play the best five that we have on the team.”
                That works for me. "Don't pay attention to anything I say today. In season it will be what it will be" or something like that.

We know the odds are Slater LT, Zion LG, Bozeman C, Pipkins RG, Alt RT. Today. But stuff happens. We'll see.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

yeah - I'd guess he's around a $4M-$5M type short deal? guesses are free ... there are very few edge players making less that are not either still on their rookie contract or dog meat.
                  Made $3m with the Falcons last year - don't think he will get much more than that at all. I am guessing $2m plus incentives...

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I like Farmer a lot, Mack, Bosa, Tuli, Dupree, and Farmer sounds pretty darn good to me...
                    I'm with you regards Farmer. I think he beats out Rumph with or without Dupree.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                      Social Piranha
                      • May 2022
                      • Flyover, USA
                      • Send PM

So Bosa has kinda been averaging one healthy season on, followed by one injured season off, back n forth. But he’s been dinged up 2 years running now, so maybe this is the year he rebounds to bring back the average? Ok maybe I’m grasping at straws here, but as far as I know all of his injuries over the years have been of the ‘soft tissue’ variety. So theoretically, if anyone can help, it should be Ben Herbert.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

So Bosa has kinda been averaging one healthy season on, followed by one injured season off, back n forth. But he’s been dinged up 2 years running now, so maybe this is the year he rebounds to bring back the average? Ok maybe I’m grasping at straws here, but as far as I know all of his injuries over the years have been of the ‘soft tissue’ variety. So theoretically, if anyone can help, it should be Ben Herbert.
                        He is only helped by Herbert if he actually works out with Ben Herbert
                        And unless he just hasn't had his photo taken - I have not seen him in one photo so far with the Chargers offseason conditioning
                        I haven't seen Mack either but he has been healthier.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats a good point about Bosa. I was thinking in terms of Rumph but also a hedge against an injury to Bosa. Might be able to limit the snaps Bosa plays to hopefully allow him to play 12+ games this year
                          I think it's telling about Bosa, to think that his best chance to last 12+ games is to limit his snaps...a 15 million dollar part time player...

Comment

Working...
                          X