Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post
    We got our yes man. Harbough will have full control now.

All I hear is Super Bowl or bust, culture setter, track record etc

Haven’t seen so much pressure put on a coach ever, hope he pulls through
    Haha ya kinda
    Hortiz will create the stricture for how we evaluate draft and pro prospects and organize them in some way to makes sense for Jim who will no doubt have final say.
    But I feel strongly Joe's voice will be heard because why else would he leave a good job in Baltimore. This is HIS opportunity as well to make a name for himself.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

More like uholy trinity . I dont want to disrespect the real one - want to be curse free.
      Fair enough,,,
      1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
      2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
      3a- #66 Puni OT
      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
      4a- #105 Rice WR
      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
      5- #140 Green CB
      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Comment

• ChargerBooster
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Still a tad early, but it seems pretty doggone certain this deal is about to happen, that Joe Ortiz is about to become the L A Chargers General Manager.

A glance at his resume, his years in the pits, the association with a storied former Ravens G.M. Ozzie Newsome, and his work with their current one, Eric DeCosta, who is thought highly of in his own right, give him more than instant cred.

Great ! But what really gets me excited about Hortiz is all his years of actual scouting, evaluating, recommending (or not) and involvement in the entire draft process. I am impressed with him, his knowledge and those experiences. Couldn’t feel much better about this and the L A Chargers decision in pulling-the-trigger on it.

Note from ChargerBooster: My big-time hope, desire and ambition is that Joe Hortiz also, to whatever extent, rebuilds the L A Chargers Scouting Department, bringing in, training, and employing the very best scouts available regionally, nationwide and certainly at the pro level. When it comes to scouting/drafting, if I may borrow the computer phrase: “Garbage in. Garbage out.” One harebrained, off-base opinion can affect the future team(s) in a very negative way. Repeat that and you are in a deep, losing pit without the Lombardi Trophy being hoisted by the Chargers.

So I hope-and-pray that Joe Hortiz will bring some of the very best scouts and evaluators aboard with him !

I am officially not worried about the upcoming draft and off-season, including deals; excited and looking forward yes, worried no.

Still the big task, the elephant in the room is for Hortiz to groom the scouting staff, educate them as to what he is looking for and what he wants, which could be night-and-day different from what was asked for and looked for in the former Telesco era and, of course, to weed out the dead wood and the snakes.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

V8nnFtI.jpg

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Astounding
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

JH cubed...nice
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                  YES! talk about a major fucking upgrade across the board, holy shit this is fucking exciting...those Raven's drafts have always made me jealous, now we might have some of those coming our way!
                  Thank or give the Spanos credit for doing what people have wanted them to do. Because some people only want to bash them for the bad things going on with the organization.

Hortiz is gonna have to clean up the mess that Telesco made. Maybe he'll be an Anti-Telesco?

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBooster View Post
                    Still a tad early, but it seems pretty doggone certain this deal is about to happen, that Joe Ortiz is about to become the L A Chargers General Manager.

A glance at his resume, his years in the pits, the association with a storied former Ravens G.M. Ozzie Newsome, and his work with their current one, Eric DeCosta, who is thought highly of in his own right, give him more than instant cred.

Great ! But what really gets me excited about Hortiz is all his years of actual scouting, evaluating, recommending (or not) and involvement in the entire draft process. I am impressed with him, his knowledge and those experiences. Couldn’t feel much better about this and the L A Chargers decision in pulling-the-trigger on it.

Note from ChargerBooster: My big-time hope, desire and ambition is that Joe Hortiz also, to whatever extent, rebuilds the L A Chargers Scouting Department, bringing in, training, and employing the very best scouts available regionally, nationwide and certainly at the pro level. When it comes to scouting/drafting, if I may borrow the computer phrase: “Garbage in. Garbage out.” One harebrained, off-base opinion can affect the future team(s) in a very negative way. Repeat that and you are in a deep, losing pit without the Lombardi Trophy being hoisted by the Chargers.

So I hope-and-pray that Joe Hortiz will bring some of the very best scouts and evaluators aboard with him !

I am officially not worried about the upcoming draft and off-season, including deals; excited and looking forward yes, worried no.

Still the big task, the elephant in the room is for Hortiz to groom the scouting staff, educate them as to what he is looking for and what he wants, which could be night-and-day different from what was asked for and looked for in the former Telesco era and, of course, to weed out the dead wood and the snakes.

reported.
                    Jk
                    But the only unfortunate part is that this won't happen in time for this draft, so my guess is that Jim will be heavily involved even moreso than usual.
                    I hope Hortiz is allowed to take his work notes on this class with him. I honestly wouldn't know how that works since the Ravens GM has probably been workig with Joe for months now on player evals at least.

Anyone have any insight into how this typically works?
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Green lighted by Harbs, this is an excellent hire with high promise.
                      Hortiz knows what a healthy and professional organization looks like. He'll have that here.
                      We are officially mirror images of Baltimore but with guys with things to prove. Jim, Minter, Herbert and now Hortiz.
                      That may not looks as appealing today as it did 24 hours ago before Baltimore lost to KC but that would be definition of "prisoner of the moment"

We will have a competative product on the field.
                      and none of this happens if we don't have a stud at quarterback. None of this.
                      This is so bad ass! Zero concern about finalizing that agreement, we'll just send Harbo over to talk his face off and explain how more will be more!
                      Nobody should think for 2 seconds about BAL. BAL lost #1 because of Lamar (plus the mistakes). We got the Herbie/Harbo double barrel thats gonna shoot this motherfucking league in the face!
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Haha ya kinda
                        Hortiz will create the stricture for how we evaluate draft and pro prospects and organize them in some way to makes sense for Jim who will no doubt have final say.
                        But I feel strongly Joe's voice will be heard because why else would he leave a good job in Baltimore. This is HIS opportunity as well to make a name for himself.
                        I agree

I think Hortiz will have a strong say. Thats the key with the Ravens - the GM and HC are alignment

So kudos to the Spanos clan for so far nailing it with Harbaugh, MInter, Hortiz and Herbert

Comment

• ChargerBooster
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

The “Three H’s”:

Harbaugh, Hortiz and Herbert

Late edit: As so correctly and sagely noted by another poster, it should be JH 3, or as they put it: JH cubed. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
                          Last edited by ChargerBooster; 01-29-2024, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X