• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I remember excitement that the crap Smith was gonna be at KC, and then Reid proved his worth. Sure, the division was bad when he started winning but of course he’s a top tier coach - he’s got a lifetime record of winning a lot of divisions +

It all starts to turn around this year. The Year Of The Bolt! (I’m market testing slogans for next season, you’ll see a few of them )
    The last slogan worked out so well . . . . . . . . . . .maybe we don't tempt fate this year??? Just a thought . . . . . .

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

sorry, i forgot about the manning broncos.... lol

but bigger point is Reid has been beating Chargers nearly every time as a chief..... and please done count those last games of season where Reid only played backups(and we even lost 2 of those)...... Reid has dominated Chargers....and won division 8 years in a row.... our best win was because instead of tying game, we gambled and went for 2 and won a game!
      The only game we lost where they had the backups playing was the 2023 game. We won the 2013 and 2020 games. The 2013 game was the game to make the playoffs as a wildcard team, and the 2020 game was Justin Herbert's rookie season.

I disagree about the best win against KC in that time. Our best win was the 2021 game in week 3. When Staley went for it on 4th down late in the game that lead to beating the Chiefs. If it weren't for that we might not have won. This was one of Staley's bright spots in his time with LAC. But people forget or overlook this because they're biased against Staley. And it was one of Justin Herbert's clutch moments and best moments in his time as QB for the franchise.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

The last slogan worked out so well . . . . . . . . . . .maybe we don't tempt fate this year??? Just a thought . . . . . .
        Tempt fate - what, are you a witch? Fuck fate.

Bro, you know I’m no quitter. And it was the year of the flip - we flipped Staley and TT out of town and look where we sit now - sitting pretty!

another day, another try. Onward!
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Bro, you know I’m no quitter. And it was the year of the flip - we flipped Staley and TT out of town and look where we sit now - sitting pretty!

Excellent revisionist definition! I like it!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Politicians politic, brah - vote DMAC in 2024!
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Took the words right out of my mouth . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Politicians politic, brah - vote DMAC in 2024!
                Well, it WAS the Year of the Flip...it's just that the Flip happened in a way nobody could have imagined back in August...

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

I'm not a witch, but I AM left handed, so to some I'm halfway there . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Well, it WAS the Year of the Flip...it's just that the Flip happened in a way nobody could have imagined back in August...
                    Actually go back and look. Many people saw it coming which resulted in the August/September 2023 TPB Wars

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The only game we lost where they had the backups playing was the 2023 game. We won the 2013 and 2020 games. The 2013 game was the game to make the playoffs as a wildcard team, and the 2020 game was Justin Herbert's rookie season.

I disagree about the best win against KC in that time. Our best win was the 2021 game in week 3. When Staley went for it on 4th down late in the game that lead to beating the Chiefs. If it weren't for that we might not have won. This was one of Staley's bright spots in his time with LAC. But people forget or overlook this because they're biased against Staley. And it was one of Justin Herbert's clutch moments and best moments in his time as QB for the franchise.
                      I remember the only good 5 game streak in Staley's 3 long years as head coach here.

There were a few good things he did starting out on defense that for some reason he moved away from.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

This was the famous flip for those here on Monday's
                        Turtles Monday GIF - Turtles Monday Blue GIFs

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

More of the flip, the Chargers struggling to get out of the pond, back to 500
                          Fall Out Of Balance GIF - Fall Out Of Balance No I Cant GIFs

Comment

Working...
                          X