Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
      [/B][/U]

Generational TE's are . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Is Bowers one of these? Maybe . . . . . . . .
      Jim Carrey Chance GIF
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        More cautiously optimistic Roman takes.

If we all recall Smith in KC under Reid, it was all ball control short pass designs, by necessity. Not an downfield attack offense. And of course Smith didn’t win in the Playoffs so there’s that.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If we all recall Smith in KC under Reid, it was all ball control short pass designs, by necessity. Not an downfield attack offense. And of course Smith didn’t win in the Playoffs so there’s that.
          HE WON THE DIVISION EVERY YEAR WITH SMITH AT QB(and it was never close).....that shows how great a coach and play caller he is!...and how bad the rest of division was.... lol

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

HE WON THE DIVISION EVERY YEAR WITH SMITH AT QB(and it was never close).....that shows how great a coach and play caller he is!...and how bad the rest of division was.... lol
            I remember excitement that the crap Smith was gonna be at KC, and then Reid proved his worth. Sure, the division was bad when he started winning but of course he’s a top tier coach - he’s got a lifetime record of winning a lot of divisions +

It all starts to turn around this year. The Year Of The Bolt! (I’m market testing slogans for next season, you’ll see a few of them )

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I remember excitement that the crap Smith was gonna be at KC, and then Reid proved his worth. Sure, the division was bad when he started winning but of course he’s a top tier coach - he’s got a lifetime record of winning a lot of divisions +

It all starts to turn around this year. The Year Of The Bolt! (I’m market testing slogans for next season, you’ll see a few of them )
              did the year of the flip get us Harbaugh?

Comment

• Icebolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2023
                • Send PM

I trust Harbaugh to really make good off field decisions ( hiring a staff ). BUT, it does look a lot like old school. Trestman, Roman and people from when he was back at 49rs days. The is the old pendulum theory. IF it swings to much to the left then lets swing I all thet way to the right. Staley was new school. Am I being a little paranoid?

Comment

• jox g
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
                  I trust Harbaugh to really make good off field decisions ( hiring a staff ). BUT, it does look a lot like old school. Trestman, Roman and people from when he was back at 49rs days. The is the old pendulum theory. IF it swings to much to the left then lets swing I all thet way to the right. Staley was new school. Am I being a little paranoid?
                  Doesn't matter "what school." Just tackle, block, catch, pass, run effectively and efficiently. Do it with vigor, smarts and intensity. All out. No substitute for hard work and basics. Do it well. Do it consistently. Strive to improve. Period. With that "formula," improvement happens. Wins happen.

In martial arts, there are different styles. Is it the style or is it the fighter that wins?
                  A karate guy vs a kung fu guy? Who wins? The guy who does their style better, has more skill, determination.

Jui Jutsu seems to win alot, yet my teacher in Wing Chun NEVER lost to a grappler in 300 tournament fights!!! (With one arm, just control the grappler's elbow or wrist while striking the grappler's neck with the other hand....down they go!). I challenged a 6" taller and 50 lb heavier grappler to try to take me down in 1 minute. He couldn't. I applied the same technique and "mock struck" his neck with my free hand while the other hand controlled his inside elbows (grapplers need elbows in order to grab you....control them, and they got nothing.)

Also it never hurts to be:
                  * A good fighter
                  * Have a good coach
                  * Have a good style that's complete (ground techniques w/ standing striking techniques.) That's HARD to beat.
                  * A complete fighter.

Harbaugh has had complete teams. Strong defense. Effective offense, special teams, and coaches. He's hard to beat.

I know one thing: I saw a video of Staley asking to see "Thumbs Up" in a meeting from his players after talking about "Liking" a "Walk Thru" he thought was real crisp. Oh my goodness. How sappy and wimpy. Only team dudes like that should coach is Madden or Pee Wee Leagues. I've contacted every team he's applied for saying: "If you want a DIVIDED locker room, hire Staley. Players said he was divisive." (Contacted Miami, Rams, another one ,SF). I get on Rocket Reach & Google to search for the Owner's email etc...
                  Last edited by jox g; 02-16-2024, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

He did not win every year with Smith as QB. That only happened in 2016 and 2017.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He did not win every year with Smith as QB. That only happened in 2016 and 2017.
                      sorry, i forgot about the manning broncos.... lol

but bigger point is Reid has been beating Chargers nearly every time as a chief..... and please done count those last games of season where Reid only played backups(and we even lost 2 of those)...... Reid has dominated Chargers....and won division 8 years in a row.... our best win was because instead of tying game, we gambled and went for 2 and won a game!

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Doesn't matter "what school." Just tackle, block, catch, pass, run effectively and efficiently. Do it with vigor, smarts and intensity. All out. No substitute for hard work and basics. Do it well. Do it consistently. Strive to improve. Period. With that "formula," improvement happens. Wins happen.

In martial arts, there are different styles. Is it the style or is it the fighter that wins?
                        A karate guy vs a kung fu guy? Who wins? The guy who does their style better, has more skill, determination.

Jui Jutsu seems to win alot, yet my teacher in Wing Chun NEVER lost to a grappler in 300 tournament fights!!! (With one arm, just control the grappler's elbow or wrist while striking the grappler's neck with the other hand....down they go!). I challenged a 6" taller and 50 lb heavier grappler to try to take me down in 1 minute. He couldn't. I applied the same technique and "mock struck" his neck with my free hand while the other hand controlled his inside elbows (grapplers need elbows in order to grab you....control them, and they got nothing.)

Also it never hurts to be:
                        * A good fighter
                        * Have a good coach
                        * Have a good style that's complete (ground techniques w/ standing striking techniques.) That's HARD to beat.
                        * A complete fighter.

Harbaugh has had complete teams. Strong defense. Effective offense, special teams, and coaches. He's hard to beat.

I know one thing: I saw a video of Staley asking to see "Thumbs Up" in a meeting from his players after talking about "Liking" a "Walk Thru" he thought was real crisp. Oh my goodness. How sappy and wimpy. Only team dudes like that should coach is Madden or Pee Wee Leagues. I've contacted every team he's applied for saying: "If you want a DIVIDED locker room, hire Staley. Players said he was divisive." (Contacted Miami, Rams, another one ,SF). I get on Rocket Reach & Google to search for the Owner's email etc...
                        all great points! The way harbaugh coaches, you might get beat by a better team, but you never lose to inferior teams, like Chargers historically have........

I knew Staley sucked after his first season of telling us after losses that his players were "connected", and his players were "expressing themselves???"..... what football coach talks like that???... players dont undrstand language like that.... team played worse every year after Staley got here....even though they added more talent....

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

sorry, i forgot about the manning broncos.... lol

but bigger point is Reid has been beating Chargers nearly every time as a chief..... and please done count those last games of season where Reid only played backups(and we even lost 2 of those)...... Reid has dominated Chargers....and won division 8 years in a row.... our best win was because instead of tying game, we gambled and went for 2 and won a game!
                          Andy's a good coach. Beating KC will be great. It's not as much fun slapping wimps around.

Comment

Working...
                          X