• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

You know what’s funny though. Greg Roman’s offensive approach would have helped them beat the Chiefs.
    You mean the game in which the innovative, new age, Monken ran the ball11 times (taking out Jackson scrambles) vs a team that got absolutely creamed on the ground the week prior? The game that pitted one of the best rushing offenses in the league against a team that could not figure it out the week prior? You mean Roman might have played to his team’s strengths vs their weaknesses in a huge game? That seems so yesterday to me. What is Harbaugh thinking?
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I’m starting to believe that a good OL coach is better than a good OC. That’s just me though.
      I tried to pay attention to the really hotshot OC’s this season. Seems like they all have stellar OL play. Hmmm

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

You know what’s funny though. Greg Roman’s offensive approach would have helped them beat the Chiefs.
        That's exactly what I said.
        haha
        Ravens fans who understand this feel swindled.
        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I’m starting to believe that a good OL coach is better than a good OC. That’s just me though.
          I dont know if id say that but a good OL coach can really help. With Linsley in there things were a lot different. We will get a OC either in the draft or one in FA 'cy, or both so not worried about that too much.
          I just know if we want to run, the OL needs to be a lot better than it has been.

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Who was more proven OC for Chargers in last 10 years than Roman?

I think we it is safe to say that Ekeler is not a Charger anynore.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

TEAM. They are both important. Without good OL play, the OC is handicapped. The OC depends on everyone on O. He can make up for some deficiencies but OL is one of the toughest after QB.

I like what Harbaugh is doing regards staff. I strongly suspect that the former weakest part of our O, the run game will be average or better..

Comment

• Duck of Death
                Social Piranha
                • May 2022
                • Flyover, USA
                • Send PM

Consider the following:

- During Roman’s 4 year tenure with the Ravens, the best WR he had was Hollywood Brown. At 5’9 & 166 lbs when he came in, he has struggled with physical defenders. He’s also not great at separation, despite world class speed (career 59.6% catch rate). Ideally, Brown is a #3. With the Ravens, he was their #1. And yet, Roman got the most out of him. In his 2 years with AZ, he hasn’t been impressive despite being reunited with his college QB. Even when healthy, Murray often looked elsewhere due to Brown’s inability to consistently get open.

- Did Lamar Jackson really improve by leaps and bounds under Monken? Didn’t he win MVP in 2019 (Roman’s 1st year)? Keep in mind, that was only Lamar’s 2nd year. His 2019 numbers are actually better than his 2023 numbers. Also, in years 3 & 4 under Roman, he missed 10 total games due to injury struggles. The fact is, Lamar has some considerable flaws and is limited as a pocket passer, despite improvement over the years.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

he's too inconsistent from week to week in the passing game...IDK if it's intelligence issue like you suggest or that he's just not studying enough film...
                  some combination of that and very little touch..... he has a cannon for an arm.... and is a scary playmaker because of running back like running ability..... but when he plays great defenses in playoffs who know how tro contain his running, he struggles and always loses......

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                    Consider the following:

- During Roman’s 4 year tenure with the Ravens, the best WR he had was Hollywood Brown. At 5’9 & 166 lbs when he came in, he has struggled with physical defenders. He’s also not great at separation, despite world class speed (career 59.6% catch rate). Ideally, Brown is a #3. With the Ravens, he was their #1. And yet, Roman got the most out of him. In his 2 years with AZ, he hasn’t been impressive despite being reunited with his college QB. Even when healthy, Murray often looked elsewhere due to Brown’s inability to consistently get open.

- Did Lamar Jackson really improve by leaps and bounds under Monken? Didn’t he win MVP in 2019 (Roman’s 1st year)? Keep in mind, that was only Lamar’s 2nd year. His 2019 numbers are actually better than his 2023 numbers. Also, in years 3 & 4 under Roman, he missed 10 total games due to injury struggles. The fact is, Lamar has some considerable flaws and is limited as a pocket passer, despite improvement over the years.
                    Good points. The other side of it is the Ravens’ personnel department sure has a poor track record with Wr. It is the one position that seems to vex them year after year. Flowers may change that

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                      Consider the following:

jackson regularly misses wide open guys.... his TE makes some great catches that are behind him or too low or too high.....making jackson look better then he is....

his running ability is what gave him those MVP's.....

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Good points. The other side of it is the Ravens’ personnel department sure has a poor track record with Wr. It is the one position that seems to vex them year after year. Flowers may change that
                        Jackon simply has never been a great passer..... most great running QB's are not great passers...running is their first instinct when in trouble....... pocket QB's have to be great passers and decision makers or they get killed......since they cannot get away....

Ravens had a better overall team than KC yet KC dominated simply because of the difference in QB play....

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Interview with Roman last year during his year off from the NFL.

This year off may have done him some good. Step away and gain perspective, grow, learn.

Plus we don't know how much of a role our new passing game coordinator will have on that side of things.

I just don't get the impression that Harbaugh is returning to the NFL to chase his ultimate goal and simply hired Roman out of familiarity. I bet he vetted him just like any other candidate and was frank with him in terms of what the expectations are.

And let's be honest with ourselves, we knew in hiring Harbaugh that we were never going to be a high flying, greatest show on turf type of offense.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X