• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoChargersGo!!
    Bolt Up!
    • Jan 2024
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Some people hate drafting a potential all pro and would rather have several journeyman at best type players.
    Elite TEs don't just grow on trees ya know

Comment

• GoChargersGo!!
      Bolt Up!
      • Jan 2024
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

It's Never just QB + TE.
      It's QB+TE+OL+RB+WR+D+D Coach+O Coach + HC + other coaches + Owner = TEAM. Have the Chargers ever had a complete TEAM?

The Chefs have QB+TE.....but they also have the rest of the formula above. So do the SF Whiners. Let's analyze compreshensively please.
      2006 wasn't one of the most complete teams ever? How many pro bowlers on offense and defense that year? I can count quite a few.

Comment

• GoChargersGo!!
        Bolt Up!
        • Jan 2024
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Seems Roman is a run-first kinda guy.

Seems Moore was a run-first kinda guy.

Seems Lombardi was a.. (see where I’m going?).

Hopefully, hopefully, scheme + coaching + key personnel changes is what makes a winning version. Third and long with any OC sucks.
        Only Lombardi we speak about in my family is Vince

Comment

• GoChargersGo!!
          Bolt Up!
          • Jan 2024
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Fouts had Winslow. Rivers had Gates. None of them won Super Bowls.
          Only Charger QB to even make a Super Bowl was Stan The Freaking Man Humphries

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Hopefully, hopefully, scheme + coaching + key personnel changes is what makes a winning version. Third and long with any OC sucks.
            I just want wins and healthy QB and if coach Harbaugh thinks Roman can get us there great. We will run the ball and Harbaugh even said he wants to avoid Justin having to play hero ball all the time. When we establish a consistent run game I think Herbert is going to torch defenses.

Im willing to be patient while all this takes shape and it may get bumpy from time to time.

Comment

• GoChargersGo!!
              Bolt Up!
              • Jan 2024
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Some people hate drafting a potential all pro and would rather have several journeyman at best type players.
              The final four teams that were left in the playoffs this year show the importance of having an elite TE.
              Detroit-LaPorta
              KC-Kelce
              SF-Kittle
              BAL-Andrews

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I still like Monken more than Roman. But him and John both panicked too quickly and played like they were down by more than 10 points.
                It was a baffling game. The Ravens just fell apart at every level.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

And nobody had an offensive line. That changes now.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

This year off may have done him some good. Step away and gain perspective, grow, learn.

Plus we don't know how much of a role our new passing game coordinator will have on that side of things.

I just don't get the impression that Harbaugh is returning to the NFL to chase his ultimate goal and simply hired Roman out of familiarity. I bet he vetted him just like any other candidate and was frank with him in terms of what the expectations are.

And let's be honest with ourselves, we knew in hiring Harbaugh that we were never going to be a high flying, greatest show on turf type of offense.

Okay, I'll admit to thinking that, but they are not going to be a one dimensional run team either...Harbaugh wants balance...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Rivers had LT - a prime LT would improve Herbie's run game too.

I'm a full on Bowers Backer, he is one of several EXCELLENT ways the team can go. He would improve the offense and he'd fit a Roman offense superbly. I'd cheer his selection.

But he's not the only possible excellent way. some folks around here are locked in a one-and-only mindset to success - there's lots of ways we can get there.

One thing I will bet - Harbaugh and Hortiz will place much greater value on a premier RB than TT ever did. TT's endless string of JAGs is likely over imo.
                      Oh man, quoted for truth, that's fer sure. TT's RB draft history is a sad one:

2013 - None
                      2014 - Round 6 - Marion Grice - BUST
                      2015 - Round 1 - Gordon - Was mostly solid, but TT moved up only two spots for him, burning our 1st, a 4th and a 5th rounder...Moaning Mel's holdout was the final disappointing exclamation point to his career here...
                      2016 - Round 6 - Derek Watt, FB...IMHO, a wasted pick...we barely used him...JAG
                      2017 - None
                      2018 - Round 7 - Justin Jackson - Decent when healthy, but an INJURY BUST
                      2019 - None
                      2020 - Round 4 - Kelley - JAG
                      2021 - Round 6 - Rountree - JAG
                      2022 - Round 4 - Spiller, JAG / Round 7 - Horvath, another JAG and waste of roster spot--barely used
                      2023 - None

That's a whole lot of JAGS and BUSTS...and that doesn't even include the many JAG and BUST FA's TT signed...Donald Brown, Ballage, Michel...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

If they want to improve the run game, Bowers is a better pick than the WR’s.

Fouts had Winslow. Rivers had Gates. Herbert needs Bowers.
                        if they draft bowers I'll be requesting a name change from Fouts2herbert to Fouts2herbert2bowers sounds good
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• GoChargersGo!!
                          Bolt Up!
                          • Jan 2024
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

It was a baffling game. The Ravens just fell apart at every level.
                          Their defense did not fall apart though 0 points given up in the 2nd half. You definitely cannot blame the defense for the loss. You give up 17 points to a Mahomes led offense you expect to win that game.

Comment

Working...
                          X