• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

You mean the game in which the innovative, new age, Monken ran the ball11 times (taking out Jackson scrambles) vs a team that got absolutely creamed on the ground the week prior? The game that pitted one of the best rushing offenses in the league against a team that could not figure it out the week prior? You mean Roman might have played to his team’s strengths vs their weaknesses in a huge game? That seems so yesterday to me. What is Harbaugh thinking?
    Yep...as I said before, for some reason, Monken suddenly got a chip on his shoulder against the ground game...call him, ahem, "Chip" Monken...

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

We’re gonna run the ball down your throats and there’s not a damn thing you’re gonna be able to do about it. And then when you commit an extra defender to the box, Herbert’s gonna slice and dice you down the field.

You wanna be tough, run the ball. You want to be physical, run the ball. And Harbaugh is going to be tough and physical. And Herbie is still going to get his passing yards.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
        Let's do this!
        • Aug 2022
        • Raleigh N. Carolina
        • Send PM

Let's face it, a pass heavy offense is fun to watch and I want Herbert unleashed as much as anyone.

But in the playoffs and in bad weather you need to run and run well.

What did we hear about all of the teams bounced from the playoffs - they abandoned the run.

Comment

• Duck of Death
          Social Piranha
          • May 2022
          • Flyover, USA
          • Send PM

Good points. The other side of it is the Ravens’ personnel department sure has a poor track record with Wr. It is the one position that seems to vex them year after year. Flowers may change that
          Yeah, that’s troubling. I’m wishfully hoping that Hortiz wasn’t a big factor in those decisions. It’s kinda why I hope they go with Nabers (or MHJ if at all possible), as they both seem like sure bets. And ideally, they won’t be picking this high for a long time.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

I'm gonna bet that Jim talked to John about Roman. A lot. Jim loves John and John loves Jim. John would not fuck his brother, except on days they play each other. Dad's watching all and that there is a family where one member does not fuck another member.

The talk about Lamar is all very true. I'll leave that there, Greg doesn't have Lamar now, he has Herbie.

thats my bet. Trust In Jim. Onward!
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I tried to pay attention to the really hotshot OC’s this season. Seems like they all have stellar OL play. Hmmm
              Think about it though. If your guys can’t execute their blocks properly then almost every scheme will fail.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

That's exactly what I said.
                haha
                Ravens fans who understand this feel swindled.
                I still like Monken more than Roman. But him and John both panicked too quickly and played like they were down by more than 10 points.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont know if id say that but a good OL coach can really help. With Linsley in there things were a lot different. We will get a OC either in the draft or one in FA 'cy, or both so not worried about that too much.
                  I just know if we want to run, the OL needs to be a lot better than it has been.
                  OC stands for offensive coordinator rather than offensive center.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                    Consider the following:

- During Roman’s 4 year tenure with the Ravens, the best WR he had was Hollywood Brown. At 5’9 & 166 lbs when he came in, he has struggled with physical defenders. He’s also not great at separation, despite world class speed (career 59.6% catch rate). Ideally, Brown is a #3. With the Ravens, he was their #1. And yet, Roman got the most out of him. In his 2 years with AZ, he hasn’t been impressive despite being reunited with his college QB. Even when healthy, Murray often looked elsewhere due to Brown’s inability to consistently get open.

- Did Lamar Jackson really improve by leaps and bounds under Monken? Didn’t he win MVP in 2019 (Roman’s 1st year)? Keep in mind, that was only Lamar’s 2nd year. His 2019 numbers are actually better than his 2023 numbers. Also, in years 3 & 4 under Roman, he missed 10 total games due to injury struggles. The fact is, Lamar has some considerable flaws and is limited as a pocket passer, despite improvement over the years.
                    So you’re saying John Harbaugh doesn’t know jack schitt when he replaced Roman?

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      I'm gonna bet that Jim talked to John about Roman. A lot. Jim loves John and John loves Jim. John would not fuck his brother, except on days they play each other. Dad's watching all and that there is a family where one member does not fuck another member.

The talk about Lamar is all very true. I'll leave that there, Greg doesn't have Lamar now, he has Herbie.

thats my bet. Trust In Jim. Onward!
                      Jim worked with Roman for years. He doesn’t need John’s opinion.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

Yeah, that’s troubling. I’m wishfully hoping that Hortiz wasn’t a big factor in those decisions. It’s kinda why I hope they go with Nabers (or MHJ if at all possible), as they both seem like sure bets. And ideally, they won’t be picking this high for a long time.
                        If they want to improve the run game, Bowers is a better pick than the WR’s.

Fouts had Winslow. Rivers had Gates. Herbert needs Bowers.

Comment

• PowderBill
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

If they want to improve the run game, Bowers is a better pick than the WR’s.

Fouts had Winslow. Rivers had Gates. Herbert needs Bowers.
                          They definitely need to improve the run game and perhaps Bowers would help there. But if Harrison is available at 5, he is the guy to pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X