Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    As good as the defense and special teams do! At least there is always hope with Rivers at QB.
    True, on all points.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
      I would like to know the answer to this question, since if McCoy gets fired then Whisenhunt would be the interim coach and the cheapo Spanos clan would keep an inexpensive Whisenhunt for a long contract.

It just seems to me, that Whisenhunt was creative and maximized a lack of talent in his first stint with the Chargers. And now, he has been uncreative and lackluster. Is he trying to sabotage McCoy so he can get the job??? Or Whisenhunt has just not put much effort forward because he probably has few prospects at a HC job now and no one to impress. Is he still collecting money from Tennessee?
      '

Here's a newsflash: Ken Whisenhunt caught tons of flack when the OC in Pitt bc of his conservatism. He was the architect of our goalline disaster a few years ago. Firing McCoy and promoting Whisenhunt won't change any of that. It'll only serve to shake things up and put people on notice. That might make the season less of a complete and utter shit show. Then we can maybe hire a real coach.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Darren Smith ‏@DSmithShow 39m39 minutes ago
        "I'm glad they did.... I was a little bit [relieved]. I talked to some of their players after the game. They wanted to go for it."

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Hey how'd that last Charger drive against the Saints go?
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Boltergeist
            Pesky apparition
            • Jun 2013
            • Baja Oklahoma
            • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
            Hey how'd that last Charger drive against the Saints go?
            So are you saying that when you have a 4th and one against a team deep in their territory, it is better to kick a FG and rely on a defense that has given up late drives for losses to stop a team with TOs from getting into FG range AND expect an offense you don't trust to drive for another score in OT? I would think any reasonable analysis of the odds would come down in favor of getting the yard and then scoring with the short field. At least if you go for it, even if you lose you went down swinging instead of ducking punches.

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Not saying that at all. Addressing the statement that we always have a chance at the end of the game with Rivers at QB. 0-4 this year so far.
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• TheDeafBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                How does the offense look when we actually need a drive with the game on the line?
                Decent enough until Gordon fumbles.....the first down play is there, he just puts the ball on the ground. Whiz can't adjust for that.

Comment

• BoltFan84
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

We played against crappy defenses that we should've blown out, but struggled at multiple, most critical, times in the game. We padded our numbers against weak opponents, just like average QBs pad their stats against our defense.

We also have to become better redzone offense (Gordon has helped this year), something that's plagued this offense for years.

Comment

• TheDeafBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                    The more I think about McCoy's decision to kick the FG, the more angry I get that this moron wasn't fired at the end of last year.

There's no doubt that even if they made the FG, the Raiders would have drove down the field and won the game. They had two minutes and two timeouts to get into FG range. Their WRs were abusing our backup CBs all day (they just struggled in the red zone). And they have the greatest long-distance FG kicker in the history of the NFL.

McCoy has ZERO game management skills. All he knows how to do is do everything by the book. That's the way he's wired and he's never going to change. He's had numerous opportunities over the years to change his ways after making huge game management blunders but nothing ever changes with him. Ever.

Even knowing that the guy on the other side of the field had the balls to go for two on the road to win the game a few weeks ago and that confidence and momentum has carried that team to 4-1 and he still didn't have a clue. McCoy just plays scared all the time, even at a time where he's on a red hot seat.
                    I get even more angry looking back at the KC game and opting for the 54 yard FG on 4th/2 on the 37 going in instead of going for that. Up 17 a FG is less-than-significant. You're already up 3 scores, and are still up 3 scores if you make it. KC's momentum from the TD was killed when we got that pick. We gave them a little back with the missed FG, then their conversion on 4th/2, and the rest is history. McCoy had a chance to show his guts on THAT 4th/2, and could have not only implemented a new mentality, but changed the entire landscape of the season/standings. Maybe if Kaser would have dropped that snap instead a lesson would have been learned.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TheDeafBolt View Post
                      I get even more angry looking back at the KC game and opting for the 54 yard FG on 4th/2 on the 37 going in instead of going for that. Up 17 a FG is less-than-significant. You're already up 3 scores, and are still up 3 scores if you make it. KC's momentum from the TD was killed when we got that pick. We gave them a little back with the missed FG, then their conversion on 4th/2, and the rest is history. McCoy had a chance to show his guts on THAT 4th/2, and could have not only implemented a new mentality, but changed the entire landscape of the season/standings. Maybe if Kaser would have dropped that snap instead a lesson would have been learned.
                      I was there. I wanted to fire him on the spot.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TheDeafBolt View Post
                        Yep, more basic game management that McCoy doesn't understand.

Andy Reid always had game management issues in Philly but IIRC he delegated that stuff to someone when he went to KC and you don't see those issues anymore.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                          Yep, more basic game management that McCoy doesn't understand.

Andy Reid always had game management issues in Philly but IIRC he delegated that stuff to someone when he went to KC and you don't see those issues anymore.
                          Chief fans still complain about his game management.

Comment

Working...
                          X