• Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Thunder Thighs View Post
    +1

When they zone block, guys take their first step sideways or even backwards. When they do this the guys we have on the o-line are not quick enough to adjust to the defense, who have the forward momentum. That's why Gordon gets stuffed all of the time. I would like to see more power, and Rivers under center more. I don't want to see the shotgun draw anymore, and I think Rivers does a poor job of selling it. It seems you can always tell if he is going to hand off the ball.
    Agree shotgun formation and handing off to the Gordon that deep in the backfield is poor play design and execution, big as our line is why we don't have Rivers under center and power run if you are going to run

Comment

• Asela
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2014
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
      All this does is further prove that McCoy needs to go. A good HC notices stuff like that.
      That's the HC's responsibility. Sure he may not be observing it directly, but his job is to have someone on his staff keep an eye on all of that.

It doesn't happen often, but I remember times when one team got the same down repeated by accident (linesman forgets to move flip the down). The good opposing coaches catch it and start chewing out the ref, the bad coaches have no clue.

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

You could see it on tv, in fact I even mentioned it to my buddy before they snapped the ball. They kept saying third and one, and when they lined up the CBS first down line graphic was way over one yard away. I know they don't see that on the field but come on...ridiculous.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
          That's the HC's responsibility. Sure he may not be observing it directly, but his job is to have someone on his staff keep an eye on all of that.

It doesn't happen often, but I remember times when one team got the same down repeated by accident (linesman forgets to move flip the down). The good opposing coaches catch it and start chewing out the ref, the bad coaches have no clue.
          Who does the 3rd and 1 play fall on Whiz or McCoy?

Even if Whiz says we should run this play McCoy has the right to say no pick another play and this is coming after a time out where you can discuss what is the best play to get the first down.

Was Whiz running this play with the mindset if we don't make it I got the setup play on 4th to make it and no balls McCoy say look Whiz we going going for the FG.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Just heard that on that last drive, the officials marked the ball wrong on the 3rd down play before the botched fg attempt. Gordon ran for 9 on first down. After the incomplete pass, the officials spotted the ball wrong, making it 3rd and 2 instead of 3rd and 1. Nobody noticed and the rest is history.
            I did notice it was two yards to go and wondered why the announcers thought it was very close to a first down when i saw them spot the ball.

Comment

• Asela
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2014
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
              Who does the 3rd and 1 play fall on Whiz or McCoy?

Even if Whiz says we should run this play McCoy has the right to say no pick another play and this is coming after a time out where you can discuss what is the best play to get the first down.

Was Whiz running this play with the mindset if we don't make it I got the setup play on 4th to make it and no balls McCoy say look Whiz we going going for the FG.
              I would like to know the answer to this question, since if McCoy gets fired then Whisenhunt would be the interim coach and the cheapo Spanos clan would keep an inexpensive Whisenhunt for a long contract.

It just seems to me, that Whisenhunt was creative and maximized a lack of talent in his first stint with the Chargers. And now, he has been uncreative and lackluster. Is he trying to sabotage McCoy so he can get the job??? Or Whisenhunt has just not put much effort forward because he probably has few prospects at a HC job now and no one to impress. Is he still collecting money from Tennessee?

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                Marty was great in the regular season
                Fixed.

Comment

• maurile
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Going for it would have been the correct play (where "correct" = "maximizing chance of victory" as opposed to "minimizing chance of being fired").

Most NFL coaches are fiarly oblivious to correct decision-making in these kinds of situations. McCoy is no exception.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

The more I think about McCoy's decision to kick the FG, the more angry I get that this moron wasn't fired at the end of last year.

There's no doubt that even if they made the FG, the Raiders would have drove down the field and won the game. They had two minutes and two timeouts to get into FG range. Their WRs were abusing our backup CBs all day (they just struggled in the red zone). And they have the greatest long-distance FG kicker in the history of the NFL.

McCoy has ZERO game management skills. All he knows how to do is do everything by the book. That's the way he's wired and he's never going to change. He's had numerous opportunities over the years to change his ways after making huge game management blunders but nothing ever changes with him. Ever.

Even knowing that the guy on the other side of the field had the balls to go for two on the road to win the game a few weeks ago and that confidence and momentum has carried that team to 4-1 and he still didn't have a clue. McCoy just plays scared all the time, even at a time where he's on a red hot seat.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
                      I would like to know the answer to this question, since if McCoy gets fired then Whisenhunt would be the interim coach and the cheapo Spanos clan would keep an inexpensive Whisenhunt for a long contract.

It just seems to me, that Whisenhunt was creative and maximized a lack of talent in his first stint with the Chargers. And now, he has been uncreative and lackluster. Is he trying to sabotage McCoy so he can get the job??? Or Whisenhunt has just not put much effort forward because he probably has few prospects at a HC job now and no one to impress. Is he still collecting money from Tennessee?
                      To be fair to Whiz, we are 2nd in the league in scoring and 8th in yards per game so he can't be doing that bad of a job.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        To be fair to Whiz, we are 2nd in the league in scoring and 8th in yards per game so he can't be doing that bad of a job.
                        How does the offense look when we actually need a drive with the game on the line?
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                          How does the offense look when we actually need a drive with the game on the line?
                          As good as the defense and special teams do! At least there is always hope with Rivers at QB.

Comment

Working...
                          X