• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

All electric vehicles are probably faster than my Challenger. Id get smoked by a Tesla model 3 but that's ok. Mine sounds better and I don't race it anyways.
    Agreed. I ran at the Ramona drag strip in early 60's. Loved the old ones. My fav was a '64 GTO 389 tri power, 4 spd, headers etc.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

All electric vehicles are probably faster than my Challenger.
      You can probably beat a Nissan Leaf.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        On a bicycle, with a tailwind.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

All electric vehicles are probably faster than my Challenger. Id get smoked by a Tesla model 3 but that's ok. Mine sounds better and I don't race it anyways.

Ditto on the Vette. It's a verified 4 sec car (in professional hands - not mine), but my plain jane Model Y - dual motor but not the performance model - is @ 4.8 sec, and the dual motor model 3 is @ 4.2 sec (ish). ALL of the S models and any of the performance variants will walk the Vette.

None of them sound as good or are as fun to drive as the Vette however. My boss has a model S plaid with the yoke steering wheel - 0-60 in just over 2 seconds. It's just insane . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

On a bicycle, with a tailwind.
            The Nissan Leaf does 0-60 in 7.4 seconds - blows the door off my Prius.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Are those all electric?

Mine does 5.3 to 5.5 in 0-60. I have the 5.7 Hemi, not the 6 4.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Ditto on the Vette. It's a verified 4 sec car (in professional hands - not mine), but my plain jane Model Y - dual motor but not the performance model - is @ 4.8 sec, and the dual motor model 3 is @ 4.2 sec (ish). ALL of the S models and any of the performance variants will walk the Vette.

None of them sound as good or are as fun to drive as the Vette however. My boss has a model S plaid with the yoke steering wheel - 0-60 in just over 2 seconds. It's just insane . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                There’s 2 Cybertruck models out…AWD, which does 0-60 in 4.1 sec. And Cyberbeast, 0-60 in 2.6 sec.

The Vette is indeed fun to drive, but so are EV’s. The instant torque on demand is an adrenaline rush unmatched in ICE vehicles and regenerative braking is akin to downshifting with a stick shift. My first EV, I had for 10 years never wore out the break pads.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

My stock 2019 Model 3 performance is 3.1 secs and does a 11.6 quarter mile. Calm and serene one moment. Pounce on it's prey in the blink of an eye.

I believe the Performance model was Elon's way to troll on BMW's M3. BMW responded with the M Competition. Now the new Performance and now Ludicrous Model 3 cars should exceed said BMWs.

Unplugged Performance in SoCal is doing great things on the Model 3 Performance platform to hang/beat Porsche 911 GT2's.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

My stock 2019 Model 3 performance is 3.1 secs and does a 11.6 quarter mile. Calm and serene one moment. Pounce on it's prey in the blink of an eye.

I believe the Performance model was Elon's way to troll on BMW's M3. BMW responded with the M Competition. Now the new Performance and now Ludicrous Model 3 cars should exceed said BMWs.

Unplugged Performance in SoCal is doing great things on the Model 3 Performance platform to hang/beat Porsche 911 GT2's.

Leaked documents show the about to be released new Model 3 performance has a staggering 617 HP between the two motors, so about 115 HP more than the old one.

Should be sub 3 sec 0-60 but also a nice improvement is peak power has been extended from the 40’s to 60 mph range.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

A friend bought a Rivian RT1 PU. He says he hasn't put his accelerator foot on the floor but the book on it is 110.8, 11.6 sec in the 1/4 mi. That's muscle car numbers.
                      That is fast indeed. I consistently pull 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and have hit 3.4 before. I have not run a 1/4 mile on mine but the stats show 11.5 @ 119 MPH, (I hope to run it this summer at a strip nearby) it also has a top speed of 180. I have not gone anywhere near that, I can neither confirm or deny that it is silky smooth at 130 MPH though.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

There’s 2 Cybertruck models out…AWD, which does 0-60 in 4.1 sec. And Cyberbeast, 0-60 in 2.6 sec.

The Vette is indeed fun to drive, but so are EV’s. The instant torque on demand is an adrenaline rush unmatched in ICE vehicles and regenerative braking is akin to downshifting with a stick shift. My first EV, I had for 10 years never wore out the break pads.
                        To a point, I have seen many Vipers that make the fastest Plaids look like they are stuck in park. What people can do with them is just ridiculous. EV's are like motorcycles in that they are faster than ICE cars.......until they're not. No EV's will touch ICE cars set up for 1/4 mile racing, same with drag bikes.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

I sat in an idling Viper one time.

I had absolutely NO desire to take that monster out on the road, any more than I would hop behind the controls of a jet and try to take off.

Comment

Working...
                          X