• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Harbaugh hasn’t won a game for the Chargers and hasn’t won a game in the NFL since 2014. I get being excited but that doesn’t mean he has earned anything but the CHANCE to earn the fans trust. I’m not believing blindly in anything or anyone but wins.

I know Harbaugh is the hotness right now but there are some real concerns around the way Harbaugh coached and left the nfl. You might be better off not just blindly trusting and instead being cautiously optimistic with a healthy dose of prove it.
    By the time you realize what’s happening here, you’re gonna end up with one shitty seat in the waayyy back of the Harbaugh Train somewhere between the livestock car and the engineers car. Or don’t get on at all - Suit yourself, but we’re all getting on now. “Hasn’t won …. Blindly … blah blah” ... you’re the one that is blind. He hasnt won in the NFL since 2014 because he was busy winning the NCAA Natty. He has always won everywhere he has ever coached. Ever. Always. SF prior demise was the fault of the last GM. Obviously.

Onward! You’ll find me up front in the club cab near the bar wearing powder blue, gold and khakis!

Choo Choo!

beautiful day power lines GIF
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

They're cycling thru receivers like no tomorrow. They will be picking up at least one in this draft. Tyreek Left and there's definitely been a void needed to be filled since.
      So much of a void that it didn't stop them from winning back to back Superbowls while we had a decade of Allen and 7 years with Mike Williams... Just saying...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

By the time you realize what’s happening here, you’re gonna end up with one shitty seat in the waayyy back of the Harbaugh Train somewhere between the livestock car and the engineers car. Or don’t get on at all - Suit yourself, but we’re all getting on now. “Hasn’t won …. Blindly … blah blah” ... you’re the one that is blind. He hasnt won in the NFL since 2014 because he was busy winning the NCAA Natty. He has always won everywhere he has ever coached. Ever. Always. SF prior demise was the fault of the last GM. Obviously.

Onward! You’ll find me up front in the club cab near the bar wearing powder blue, gold and khakis!

Choo Choo!

I don't think tickets are needed for the train, what the train needs is just to start winning games and then everyone will have a very pretty seat on there even if they were pissed the hell off when we traded Keenan for a 4th.
        Last edited by BlazingBolt; 03-19-2024, 01:22 PM.
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post

So much of a void that it didn't stop them from winning back to back Superbowls while we had a decade of Allen and 7 years with Mike Williams... Just saying...
          I would gladly take a newer healthier Mike Williams. Lots of bad luck mixed in there not Bad talent.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargingBolts
            Superbowl?
            • Sep 2018
            • Los Angeles/Chicago
            • Send PM

Harbaugh had a garage sale of his belongings in Michigan instead of bringing with.

Comment

• Jack Burton
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
              Harbaugh had a garage sale of his belongings in Michigan instead of bringing with.
              How cool is that?!??
              All the MICH fans got to go get a cheap, piece of history from their beloved HC before he left.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                Social Piranha
                • May 2022
                • Flyover, USA
                • Send PM

Interested thing - Michigan’s offensive line is/was widely considered among best in the nation. Although they didn’t win the Joe Moore award in 2023, they did win it two years in a row in ‘22 and ‘21. Naturally, one would think there’d be some highly coveted blue chippers on that line, but that really isn’t the case:

LT - Ladarius Henderson
                LG - Trevor Keegan
                C - Drake Nugent
                RG - Zak Zinter
                RT - Karsen Barnhart & Trente Jones

None of these guys are projected as better than Day 3 picks (maybe Zinter would, if not for breaking his leg). There are no big names like Joe Alt or O Fashanu. Also, none of them have particularly impressive Pff grades - not that Pff is the end all be all for player assessment, but it is an indicator. I have no idea what kind of pros these guys will make. But one thing is undeniable - their head coach squeezed the absolute most out of them, and got them performing as a cohesive, kickass championship caliber unit, despite no big name talent. Respect also to the UM OL coach, but it also starts at the top.

Side note - so I coach kids with a former player that had some damn good years under Harbaugh. Sorry, I’m not trying to name drop (I won't divulge who) - just relaying that I had an interesting conversation about his experience with Coach Harbaugh. This person almost got emotional talking about him. Says he’s an unbelievably hard worker. Also said that he doesn’t go easy on vets, and that this sometimes comes as a surprise to some of them. He is huge on accountability & won’t hesitate to even fine himself if he messes up on something. But he genuinely tries to connect with everyone, and will defend his guys to the death. This is why they will run thru brick walls for him. He is just wired differently. Still drinks milk with every meal. It was just fun to hear first hand about how the man operates. Just thought I’d share.

Moving forward, Harbaugh will undoubtedly make some more surprising decisions that will invite scrutiny. And there are inevitably going to be some rough bumps in the road this year. But rest assured, this man knows what he’s doing. I applaud the Spanos’ for taking the leap of faith. It had to be done.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Choo Choo!

Nice, the problem with sitting up front like that, when the train derails it’s the first section to explode. Have fun on the Harbaugh Titanic, no possible way it could sink!

titanic night GIF

Comment

• JPPT1974
                    May Day 2024!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Hopefully they can bring back over in a winning season in LA!

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                      Interested thing - Michigan’s offensive line is/was widely considered among best in the nation. Although they didn’t win the Joe Moore award in 2023, they did win it two years in a row in ‘22 and ‘21. Naturally, one would think there’d be some highly coveted blue chippers on that line, but that really isn’t the case:

LT - Ladarius Henderson
                      LG - Trevor Keegan
                      C - Drake Nugent
                      RG - Zak Zinter
                      RT - Karsen Barnhart & Trente Jones

None of these guys are projected as better than Day 3 picks (maybe Zinter would, if not for breaking his leg). There are no big names like Joe Alt or O Fashanu. Also, none of them have particularly impressive Pff grades - not that Pff is the end all be all for player assessment, but it is an indicator. I have no idea what kind of pros these guys will make. But one thing is undeniable - their head coach squeezed the absolute most out of them, and got them performing as a cohesive, kickass championship caliber unit, despite no big name talent. Respect also to the UM OL coach, but it also starts at the top.

Side note - so I coach kids with a former player that had some damn good years under Harbaugh. Sorry, I’m not trying to name drop (I won't divulge who) - just relaying that I had an interesting conversation about his experience with Coach Harbaugh. This person almost got emotional talking about him. Says he’s an unbelievably hard worker. Also said that he doesn’t go easy on vets, and that this sometimes comes as a surprise to some of them. He is huge on accountability & won’t hesitate to even fine himself if he messes up on something. But he genuinely tries to connect with everyone, and will defend his guys to the death. This is why they will run thru brick walls for him. He is just wired differently. Still drinks milk with every meal. It was just fun to hear first hand about how the man operates. Just thought I’d share.

Moving forward, Harbaugh will undoubtedly make some more surprising decisions that will invite scrutiny. And there are inevitably going to be some rough bumps in the road this year. But rest assured, this man knows what he’s doing. I applaud the Spanos’ for taking the leap of faith. It had to be done.
                      Great post. I think Harbaugh has that rare ability to truly get the most out of guys. Sounds like your guy has seen that first hand.

Weve already seen that he's willing to make a tough decision in the guise of treating players the same and accountability by moving on from Keenan. It was a nobody's special kind of move

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                        SLAM DUNK!
                        • Jun 2013
                        • East County San Diego
                        • Bolt fanatic
                        • Send PM

JIM HARBAUGH HAS LOST HIS DAMN MIND! YOU WANT TO PLAY FIVE LEFT TACKLES ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??

I hate the pick, not the player for the record. Wrong pick for this team in my opinion.

We did Rashawn Slater like the falcons did Kirk Cousins.

This is like an AJ Preller move where you already have multiple short stops and your spending your resources to go out and get more short stops.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING?

We literally picked the position of least need, Left tackle. I mean outside QB right.

I have heard Alt did not perform well on right tackle drills pre draft.....I hope that is some bad info I got. I do not understand spending the #5 overall pick on a player where your not even sure what position he is going to play.
                        I would think this pick would not make Herbert happy as far as what QBs usually hope for in a draft. I would think this pick will not make Rashawn Slater happy as it could literally mean a paycut for him. So we picked a guy that our best two players are not going to be excited about.

Yeah yeah, trust Jim, trust the process. Well, I will trust him when he starts winning games with this team. I am allowed to have an opinion on how we are doing things. I am still a fan. I still hope they know way better than me and this will turn out to be a great move. With the info I have now, at this time, I hate the move.

I will trust Jim when he starts winning games with this QB. Hey Herbert, you like an offense with a great offensive line with no one to throw the ball to?
                        Last edited by BlazingBolt; Yesterday, 08:55 AM.
                        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• AFboltfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2018
                          • Balboa Park bench
                          • Medical Simulation
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                          JIM HARBAUGH HAS LOST HIS DAMN MIND! YOU WANT TO PLAY FIVE LEFT TACKLES ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??

I hate the pick, not the player for the record. Wrong pick for this team in my opinion.

We did Rashawn Slater like the falcons did Kirk Cousins.

This is like an AJ Preller move where you already have multiple short stops and your spending your resources to go out and get more short stops.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING?

We literally picked the position of least need, Left tackle. I mean outside QB right.

I have heard Alt did not perform well on right tackle drills pre draft.....I hope that is some bad info I got. I do not understand spending the #5 overall pick on a player where your not even sure what position he is going to play.
                          I would think this pick would not make Herbert happy as far as what QBs usually hope for in a draft. I would think this pick will not make Rashawn Slater happy as it could literally mean a paycut for him. So we picked a guy that our best two players are not going to be excited about.

Yeah yeah, trust Jim, trust the process. Well, I will trust him when he starts winning games with this team. I am allowed to have an opinion on how we are doing things. I am still a fan. I still hope they know way better than me and this will turn out to be a great move. With the info I have now, at this time, I hate the move.

I will trust Jim when he starts winning games with this QB.
                          This take is real... Nabers or Odunze would have been a higher value pick and better for the offense as a whole. Alt will not prevent every sack against Herbert, the run will only get you so far when teams stack the box and force you to throw. This is still a "passing league"...

Harbaugh and Hortiz is gambling on the WR depth being greater than the oline depth... I hope they were right... We needed a Center more than a LT anyways. Nabers in the 1st and JPJ in the 2nd would have been the better route IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                          X