• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Another try ...

IDK but maybe. I wonder about Spiller also. '23 was a garbage dump at OL with Moore OC, Clapp at C.
    And later on, Jaimes...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
      Former Titan CB signs a one year deal turning down offers from Bengals, Donkeys and Cards to sign with LAC. Has the physical traits but has been injured recently.
      it sure seems like we're signing or keeping our fair share of "injury concerns" types of guys, Hurst suffered amnesia grade concussion last year, Fulton has had hamstring issues amongst other things, kept Joey and we are all familiar with his long history of problems, they are sniffing around JK Dobbins and he's had some serious injuries every single year he's been in the league, Perryman has missed some games most every year of his career too, hasn't Bozeman had issues lately too?

not sure about Dye or Ford, but I'm thinking Alohi Gillman might be the rare guy from this year's signings that's had a relatively healthy career...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

it sure seems like we're signing or keeping our fair share of "injury concerns" types of guys, Hurst suffered amnesia grade concussion last year, Fulton has had hamstring issues amongst other things, kept Joey and we are all familiar with his long history of problems, they are sniffing around JK Dobbins and he's had some serious injuries every single year he's been in the league, Perryman has missed some games most every year of his career too, hasn't Bozeman had issues lately too?

not sure about Dye or Ford, but I'm thinking Alohi Gillman might be the rare guy from this year's signings that's had a relatively healthy career...
        Cheap. Flip a coin about injury but the chances are we'll get the team up and running before many injuries occur. If and when, we'll know more about what we need post draft.

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

I'm betting Ben Herbert was consulted about all of these injury histories and asked if he felt he could improve on them. Harbaugh made a big push to have B. Herbert join him in LA. for a reason. If I'm not mistaken, B. Herbert, using his training methods, had a reputation at Michigan for minimizing injuries, and minimizing the severity of injuries when they did occur. Harbaugh has alluded to him having some "innovative" training methods.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

They are between a rock and a hard place.

There's 4 - 5 positions they absolutely need to nail with people who can compete this year.
            You will most probably not find them beyond rounds 4.

RT is not one of those positions.
            Pip or Deane Leonard as your starter?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

The Chargers got Fulton for 2.885 mil, whoa...Hortiz is a beast...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

They are between a rock and a hard place.

There's 4 - 5 positions they absolutely need to nail with people who can compete this year.
                You will most probably not find them beyond rounds 4.

RT is not one of those positions.
                Pip or Deane Leonard as your starter?
                doesn't Fulton start instead of Leonard ?? now we need a backup boundary corner, and a starting slot, no ??

and if RT is not one of those positions, then don't think WR (or TE) is either.... ??

NT, LB, CB ??

and Pips or Josh Palmer ?? (Hayden Hurst ?)
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Don't you think it's because they are willing to sign on the cheap? The Chargers, being in a tight spot with the cap, cannot sign guys who'll demand huge salaries so they are signing these guys on "show me" deals instead. If they can stay healthy they might've got themselves a bargain, but if they manage to draft well and sign some UDFAs too, they might have some decent backups too.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ThatSinkingFeeling View Post

Don't you think it's because they are willing to sign on the cheap? The Chargers, being in a tight spot with the cap, cannot sign guys who'll demand huge salaries so they are signing these guys on "show me" deals instead. If they can stay healthy they might've got themselves a bargain, but if they manage to draft well and sign some UDFAs too, they might have some decent backups too.
                    Oh, I'm all in on the positive vibes right now, but still, you can't ignore the signings, I get it, it's going to be a transitional year of retooling...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Nuclear Chicken View Post

When you are not on my team anymore ,,,, you are the enemy ,,, Im not loyal to those rich players at all and they are not loyal 2 me I like it like that !!! Chargers have been loosers all my life and I just want to win a superbowl be4 I die ? I am 54 years old and been waiting since I was 8 years old
                      Oh, dude... You can't just jump to the front of the line like that! Some of us here have been fans of the Bolts for a decade or two longer than you! We are even more championship deprived than *YOU* are! Take a number, and have a seat. They'll call your name over the loud speaker when it's your turn! lol

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post

I'm betting Ben Herbert was consulted about all of these injury histories and asked if he felt he could improve on them. Harbaugh made a big push to have B. Herbert join him in LA. for a reason. If I'm not mistaken, B. Herbert, using his training methods, had a reputation at Michigan for minimizing injuries, and minimizing the severity of injuries when they did occur. Harbaugh has alluded to him having some "innovative" training methods.
                        IMO, the question they've been asking Ben Herbert is, "Which of these injured players, in your experience, is least likely to fully recover from his injury? Which injuries tend to become chronic thorns-in-the-side, and which ones can a player typically fully overcome?"

Herbert's analysis of those injuries figures to factor into some personnel decisions, like cuts and re-signing, vs. letting a guy walk.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Oh, I'm all in on the positive vibes right now, but still, you can't ignore the signings, I get it, it's going to be a transitional year of retooling...
                          What are you suggesting that is being ignored? Cap management?
                          Clearly not by Hortiz.
                          For a fact, a very obvious fact, we are transitioning from TT - Staley - Moore to Hortiz - Harbaugh- Greg Roman- Minter. No doubt about that.
                          Will the game look different with them in charge? One may be reasonably confident that Spanos fired the suck.
                          It's too early to forecast the 2024 W- L success but it sure as hell will be significantly better than 5-12.
                          Chargers fans will be walking around with their hair standing on end from shock after they see our 2024 roster play.
                          Harbaugh doesn't fool around.

Comment

Working...
                          X