• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Welcome CB Kristian Fulton

Former Titan CB signs a one year deal turning down offers from Bengals, Donkeys and Cards to sign with LAC. Has the physical traits but has been injured recently.
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Good signing. I like that he wants to play for the Chargers. At one time he may have been the Titans best CB but injuries held him back.
    Still young and there's a chance that he may be a quality starter for the 2024 LAC.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Not that there is an elite CB in this draft....lol

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Quinyon Mitchell has been shooting up draft boards. I don't know about "elite" but he's well thought of.

Comment

• el_jefe999
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Michell has off the chart traits but I like the fluidity and instincts of Terrion Arnold. I would love a trade down and to land him with the first pick.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Sweet. Fill up this roster with cheap vets who have gotten the rookie mistakes out of the way. Most of football is just doing the job you’re assigned to do.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Fulton is the first cornerback the Chargers signed this offseason and will likely compete for the starting spot with players the Chargers add through the draft and free agency. Chargers' General manager Joe Hortiz told reporters that cornerback is a position he will never "stop chasing."

"I've been on teams where you start the year out with six good corners," Hortiz said, "and you finish the year out signing guys in December, that come and start in two weeks. So it's an important position."
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

all true..... and this CB has speed and aggressive tackling ability.... and young enough to have upside with great coaching.....

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Fulton had14 PD's in 2021...only 5 each of past two seasons...wonder if they changed up their D...he did miss some games due to injury...

image.png

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                    Good signing. I like that he wants to play for the Chargers. At one time he may have been the Titans best CB but injuries held him back.
                    Still young and there's a chance that he may be a quality starter for the 2024 LAC.
                    He was a starter with Tennessee and part of a Titans team that got the number 1 seed in 2021. If it goes well, this could be a repeat of Casey Hayward. Deane Leonard and JS Taylor need competition anyway.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      Fulton is the first cornerback the Chargers signed this offseason and will likely compete for the starting spot with players the Chargers add through the draft and free agency. Chargers' General manager Joe Hortiz told reporters that cornerback is a position he will never "stop chasing."

"I've been on teams where you start the year out with six good corners," Hortiz said, "and you finish the year out signing guys in December, that come and start in two weeks. So it's an important position."
                      TT signed a few FA's early, but he also used to wait until mid or late season to scrape the bottom of the FA barrel for dumpster dive, coupon clip specials...Trader Joe seems to be looking early to snap up the better FA's rather than waiting till later...
                      Last edited by Topcat; 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Sweet. Fill up this roster with cheap vets who have gotten the rookie mistakes out of the way. Most of football is just doing the job you’re assigned to do.
                        agree. and if a great CB falls to us in the draft, we have no problem still picking him up.

Comment

Working...
                        X