• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    The bottom line is that both McCoy and Whiz suck.

There's no point of even firing McCoy mid-season now.
    Yeah, he should've been fired after the NO game but the Denver win saved his ass. No point in firing him now, and I think he's actually done enough to save his job in idiot Spanos's mind.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      Yeah, he should've been fired after the NO game but the Denver win saved his ass. No point in firing him now, and I think he's actually done enough to save his job in idiot Spanos's mind.
      My point is that there's no point in firing McCoy because Whiz is just as bad.

Time to tear down this entire coaching staff.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        My point is that there's no point in firing McCoy because Whiz is just as bad.

Time to tear down this entire coaching staff.
        Except McCoy isn't going to get fired. Firing him and replacing him with Wiz might've yielded a house cleaning.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I think McCoy coaches out the season as the team hasn't quit on him, even with the losses piling up. I do think he is coaching for his job next year, and unless we finish under .500, he will be gone. Sadly, a .500 record could save his job.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            I think McCoy coaches out the season as the team hasn't quit on him, even with the losses piling up. I do think he is coaching for his job next year, and unless we finish under .500, he will be gone. Sadly, a .500 record could save his job.
            Except he has the built in injury excuse. I think 7-9 saves him and maybe even 6-10.

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

For all the talk about how the team has not quit on McCoy, well the other teams we have played have not quit on their coaches either, even the interim ones. (Okay, maybe the jags but that's it)

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

His players haven't cut his brake lines, or beaten him to death either, so there's that...

Must be a good sign.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I look at the 0-8 Cleveland Browns and their coach Hue Jackson he has way less talent than we do, but the team plays hard for him. Outside the New England game where they just got beat down they have been in all their game till late 3rd quarter or even into the 4th, their problem is there defense ends up on the field to long and the wither in latter half of the game.

There are probably a whole lot of current NFL coaches who would of gotten more out of our team than McCoy has this team could very well be at least 7-1, or 6-2 the Raider game was a train wreck out the gate team came out flat, and the New Orleans game I don't know how any coach can have the team over come back to back possession fumbles in your own territory.

McCoy, bad play calling, bad clock management, bad critical decision making, bad player evaluations (how do we end up with special team returners who can't return kicks or punt for the last 3 years), McCoy has no fire in him and lacks creativity or out the box thinking, which has kept this teamed boxed from reaching higher heights. Other coaches have accomplished more with less.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Meet Ken Whisenhunt, your 2017 Chargers' Head Coach (This Chargers Head Coach is brought to you (paid) by the Tennessee Titans).
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

On a more positive note, whiz isn't gonna save NotTheRealMcCoy's job, I mean, could you imagine 4-5 more years with that fucker as head coach?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

What a brilliant game plan:

The sheer idiocy of that pass heavy game plan and the stubborn insistence on sticking with it when we were clearly struggling badly with their pass rush is astounding.

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          What a brilliant game plan:

The sheer idiocy of that pass heavy game plan and the stubborn insistence on sticking with it when we were clearly struggling badly with their pass rush is astounding.
                          this is precisely how the so-called brilliant OCs like NOrb and Wiz outsmart themselves. It goes like this: " well, now the Broncos have film on us running the ball better with Gordon going over 100 yds last week and leading the league in rushing TDs- so they will expect the same from us this week". "what we have to do is surprise them and come out throwing! They'll NEVER expect that with our depleted WRs and guys like Henry coming off concussion protocol. We'll just chuck the run based TOP controlled offense we've been running and have Phillip coming out firing- like 50 times! and their defense will be too gassed to be effective after all that running and we'll get out to a big lead and they won't be able to rush Phillip effectively. Then we'll hit 'em with the run later in the game when they are thinking pass. Hell, we can even pass down on the goal line it will be soooo good!"

Works like a charm every time! :facepalm:
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X