• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    Trying for four pass plays with that atrocious pass blocking were bad calls, I think that much we all agree with.
    Absolutely. I thought for sure we would run at least on first or second down. It was four play territory so two runs I'd have been fine with.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
      I have no problem with the play calling....... and I don't think the players did either.....the offense didn't execute....bad throws bad blocking .... no separation from WR's.....with four shots they should have scored
      There's only so much you can do with limited space against the #1 pass defense and they already had a pick/PI called against them the previous series.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Absolutely. I thought for sure we would run at least on first or second down. It was four play territory so two runs I'd have been fine with.
        After the first two plays I threw my hands up in the air because I knew the next two plays were gonna be pass plays too.

Comment

• vinabolt
          Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
          • Feb 2015
          • Send PM

Whiz is the play caller. Rivers is the play executor.

Blaming the executor for not override the play caller, instead of blaming the guilty party, is just ridiculous. That's Yuba-like type of stretching right there.

There is main responsibility. And there is extra things that an executor can do, but it's not his main responsibility. That responsibility lies on the play caller.

If you blame Rivers on that you might as well get rid of the OC position and made the QB full time play caller to save some money.

If you're going to this forum and it's slow as hell then you blame the NameCheap server. You don't blame the admin for allowing too much traffic that slow down the forum, it's certainly an extra thing that he can do, but you have to lay the blame on the correct party.
          Last edited by vinabolt; 10-31-2016, 06:05 PM.
          Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            There's only so much you can do with limited space against the #1 pass defense and they already had a pick/PI called against them the previous series.
            Yeah sorry, 4 shots without their top Corner and their D.C. In the hospital

Should have scored... please no more lame excuses for not being able to execute
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              Yeah sorry, 4 shots without their top Corner and their D.C. In the hospital

Should have scored... please no more lame excuses for not being able to execute
              No Talib but they just insert their first round CB from last year Roby who got a pic six. Our RZ passing sucks the closer we get to the GL. You think four straight pas ses there was good play calling then McCoy must have your approval so for his job performance. Must have liked those four straight passes against Washington too that ended up a loss. Please no more lame approval for shitty play Calling. They lead the league in pass defense for a reason and Rivers was 20-47.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-31-2016, 07:57 PM.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Seems like we've had red zone woes ever since we lost Marty.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Gordon has only scored 5 TDs on 6 attempts from the opponents 1 or 2 yard line on the season. It's easy to see why they would be hesitant to give him the ball in that situation.

Comment

• Big Dog
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

After our starting Center said, for the 2nd time this year, we should have run it, next time our coaches should do exactly that ... either the Center is right and we are tough enough to run it or we lose anyway if we pass it anyway ... you want it, you got it ... and I bet the OL delivers, they wouldn't be mouthing off like that unless they could back it up ...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                      Gordon has only scored 5 TDs on 6 attempts from the opponents 1 or 2 yard line on the season. It's easy to see why they would be hesitant to give him the ball in that situation.
                      That's a better percentage than 0-4 on passes. Use a FB to lead block and get it in. I see no reason not to try at least one if not two runs in four down territory there. Gordon was running pretty well in the second half.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

I was pretty unhappy they didn't even try and rush once, but if Rivers gets a half a second more on 3rd down he likely hits Gates for the TD and it isn't an issue. But he didn't so they play calling is rightfully criticized.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                          McFuckface's #1 job is to make important decisions during games....like what his gaddamn team should be doing when it gets near the goal line in the 4th qrtr vs a division opponent on the road when his gaddamn team is behind
                          THANK YOU
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X