Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Our first round developmental pick by TT while he passed on other much more plug and ready to play receivers. Sigh.
    But he got Joe Alt, and that's a pretty big deal, with emphasis on big.

McConky may not be quite on the level of Nabers or Odunze, but Alt is much more of a superior pick than any of the OTs that went below pick 10. So Alt & McConkey with their first two picks is superior to Nabers/Odunze and Fautanu/Guyton/Paul.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      Ladd can’t play TE at 189 lbs and block down on a DE, Bowers can.
      Will Dissly and Hayden Hurst can do those things.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Our first round developmental pick by TT while he passed on other much more plug and ready to play receivers. Sigh.
        He was drafted for his traits... the others were drafted for their production and NFL polish and readiness. You won't be able to compare these particular players for another year or so.

Get him running the routes that are best for his traits... and you will start to see why he was drafted.
        I think Harbaugh/Roman will do this. Kellen Moore admitted that he wasn't getting Q the routes/opportunities that fit him best.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Will Dissly and Hayden Hurst can do those things.
          I’m a huge Ladd fan, he was my favorite receiver after “The 3”. he’s gonna shock the wait-n-see crowd around here. Dude has elite skills for getting open and is explosive fast. Herbie has never had a receiver that gets open as fast as Ladd, and yes that includes the Great Slayer. I’m giddy on the Alt+McConkey one-two draft.

I was just saying he’s not a Bowers comp, they are very different. I meant nothing more. I like Bowers too, the discerning readers will see that not being the same isn’t a knock on either.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I’m a huge Ladd fan, he was my favorite receiver after “The 3”. he’s gonna shock the wait-n-see crowd around here. Dude has elite skills for getting open and is explosive fast. Herbie has never had a receiver that gets open as fast as Ladd, and yes that includes the Great Slayer. I’m giddy on the Alt+McConkey one-two draft.

I was just saying he’s not a Bowers comp, they are very different. I meant nothing more. I like Bowers too, the discerning readers will see that not being the same isn’t a knock on either.
            Can Ladd block like Bowers? Duh, no. But I wouldn’t be surprised if their respective receiving stats - targets and catches, yards, YAC - are oddly similar.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Can Ladd block like Bowers? Duh, no. But I wouldn’t be surprised if their respective receiving stats - targets and catches, yards, YAC - are oddly similar.
              Bowers is good. I’ll take it if correct. Bowers has elite TE measurables, they are very different than WR measurables. I’m just confused why anyone is trying to compare the two. It seems forced and unnatural but whatever.

We have no idea how Roman is going to spread it around or design plays and what targets Ladd will get … Even just within the suddenly crowded WR room it’s a giant ?

I do look forward to finding out though
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

McConky may not be quite on the level of Nabers or Odunze, but Alt is much more of a superior pick than any of the OTs that went below pick 10. So Alt & McConkey with their first two picks is superior to Nabers/Odunze and Fautanu/Guyton/Paul.
                Agree with all that you said. Just not sure what it means in response to my post. Either way, excited about this coming season!

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Bowers is good. I’ll take it if correct. Bowers has elite TE measurables, they are very different than WR measurables. I’m just confused why anyone is trying to compare the two. It seems forced and unnatural but whatever.

We have no idea how Roman is going to spread it around or design plays and what targets Ladd will get … Even just within the suddenly crowded WR room it’s a giant ?

I'll try to find the source but at Georgia, they called Ladd, "baby Bowers"
                  they're both excellent at taking completions and turning upfield for maximum yardage. They look very similar in their efficient movements.
                  Last edited by 21&500; 05-05-2024, 10:48 PM.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Hortiz called Ladd a "Little Bowers". If you watch tape on both of them, they look very similar running routes.
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

also, it seems like Ladd has a much higher teammate rating and a lower diva rating - that just about evens things up.

Comment

Working...
                          X