• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I posted this earlier, but I only see maybe 3 or 4 coaches fired.... Fisher, McCoy, and Bradley. Maybe Lewis, Jackson or Kelly. The owners for those teams aren't going to pay big money for a retread superstar... Kroenke might, but he's probably not going to do the same thing twice. Jim Harbaugh isn't realistic, he hasn't yet won his college championship, and he has $$$, power and the method that works in college.

I could see Jim Mora getting coaxed out of UCLA, though... hopefully not to the Chargers.

Comment

• Rugger05
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      I posted this earlier, but I only see maybe 3 or 4 coaches fired.... Fisher, McCoy, and Bradley. Maybe Lewis, Jackson or Kelly. The owners for those teams aren't going to pay big money for a retread superstar... Kroenke might, but he's probably not going to do the same thing twice. Jim Harbaugh isn't realistic, he hasn't yet won his college championship, and he has $$$, power and the method that works in college.

I could see Jim Mora getting coaxed out of UCLA, though... hopefully not to the Chargers.
      Sadly I could see Mora getting the Chargers gig. I would punch myself in the nuts if that happened

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post
        To have a playoff curse, you have to be able to make it to the playoffs. How often has Fisher taken his team to the playoffs?
        He had a good run with the Titans. And was within a few yards of winning the Super Bowl (one of the best SB's ever, IMO).

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Mora plays golf with Deano regularly, and when Pete Carroll was at USC they played together a lot. Deano did ask Carroll if he was interested, so there is a precedent there.
          Despite that, Mora, like Carroll, is a defensive HC so I don't see him fitting into their small minded world view.
          It will be more continuapathy, vis a vis' Haley, McHoodrat, or any other disciple of the NE dink & dunk offense.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Chargerville
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
            I love the "MehCoy" label. you nailed that.

All kidding aside, I think Fisher is the kind of guy that could come in and change the culture in Chargers Park. He is strong willed and that won't blend with the Spanii, but we need change and it will take a strong will to promote that change. I know he's not popular here, but get past the petty-ness and the whole Merriman thing. If TT isn't a control freak, then maybe he and Fisher can put their heads together and right this ship. IMP, Fisher is Marty without the playoff curse.
            Hey buddy, I felt that Andy Reid was Marty without the playoff curse... that's who I was hoping we would get back in 2013.

Comment

• Chargerville
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Without the playoff curse, meaning... he's at least been to A Super Bowl, and rarely goes one and done in the playoffs.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post
                Without the playoff curse, meaning... he's at least been to A Super Bowl, and rarely goes one and done in the playoffs.
                Wow...a C'ville sighting. Good to see you bro.

Fisher has overseen 2 teams that were transitioning to new cities. Familiar? His record is 173-165-1 (.512) in the regular season and 5-6 (.455) in the post season. He's been to the post season 6 times and gone 1 and done, once. I don't think he's pricey as HC's go and he is a SoCal product. I would not be surprised in the least if he were on the Spanii radar.
                sigpic

Comment

• Chargerville
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

I definitely do prefer more of a hard-noise style coach. I like the idea of pairing a good QB with a defensive coach (Belichick/Brady, Wilson/Carroll, Manning/Dungy/Fox, Big Ben/Cowher/Tomlin)

We gotta get someone in here who can fix the Chargers. In this decade (the 2010's) the Chargers have consistently been near the bottom of the league (give or take a season or 2) in:

Rushing Offense
                  Rushing Defense
                  QB Sacks Allowed
                  Defensive Sacks
                  Special Teams
                  Overall line of scrimmage play
                  Injuries

In all phases of the game, we just haven't been a fundamentally sound football team.

Jeff Fisher (who I think isn't a bad coach despite what happened with the Rams) has made the playoffs 6 times ... 3 of those years they failed to win a playoff game (one loss in the wildcard round to the Chargers, and two losses in the divisional round, both to the Ravens, after coming off a bye).

I still think the 1999 Titans season should have ended with Buffalo, which would have been 4 fails ... but oh well lol.
                  Last edited by Chargerville; 12-13-2016, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    I love the "MehCoy" label. you nailed that.

All kidding aside, I think Fisher is the kind of guy that could come in and change the culture in Chargers Park. He is strong willed and that won't blend with the Spanii, but we need change and it will take a strong will to promote that change. I know he's not popular here, but get past the petty-ness and the whole Merriman thing. If TT isn't a control freak, then maybe he and Fisher can put their heads together and right this ship. IMP, Fisher is Marty without the playoff curse.
                    You got to be kidding! In 21 years ,Fisher has had only six winning seasons as a HC. Not only no, but fuck NO! He is a joke as a HC and we don't need him to set the Losing record on our dime.
                    Fisher has a regular season curse.

And just say NO to Jim Mora.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-13-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Fisher lorded over the worst offense in the NFL. NO THANKS.

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        You got to be kidding! In 21 years ,Fisher has had only six winning seasons as a HC. Not only no, but fuck NO! He is a joke as a HC and we don't need him to set the Losing record on our dime.
                        Fisher has a regular season curse.

And just say NO to Jim Mora.
                        And yet his overall record as above .500. He's won a SB as a player and nearly won as a coach. Pair him with a good OC and a real QB and we will win games. He could take this young defense of ours and mold them into one of the best units in the league. IMO, he's a much better choice than NOrv and MehCoy are.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Maverick
                          (Coryellian)
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Point Loma
                          • Send PM

Man, talk about "rose-colored glasses"....LOL

FISHER? For the Bolts?

I think not. I sure as hell HOPE not.

Comment

Working...