• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Foxbatkllr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
    Oh please...that whole dirty coach myth is just a knee jerk reaction by guys that got all butt hurt by the perceived intentional injurying of a player who was roided up anyway.
    Are we talking about the Jeff Fisher that hired Gregg Williams of bountygate fame as his DC with the Rams?

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

He's a defensive minded coach who has never been the offensive play caller or the offensive architect. You made up 99% of this post just because you don't like the guy...which comes as no surprise.
      Why would you want this obsolete a-hole as a head coach? I'd rather get Norv back or just keep MehCoy, and I want MehCoy outta here yesterday.

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Oh please...that whole dirty coach myth is just a knee jerk reaction by guys that got all butt hurt by the perceived intentional injurying of a player who was roided up anyway.
        Ya, it was just Merriman he targeted. And nobody else was roided up, just Merriman too.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

The Rams are still paying him for the next 2 years, right?
          That right there puts him on the Spanos radar.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

No, rest of this season and next

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Who was it that plowed into Gates on the ground and tore his plantar fascia?
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

What difference does it make whether Merriman was the only one roided up? And if Fisher and his DC are consistently targeting players why is that Merriman is the ONLY ONE that's been put out of the game? Really, how can anyone believe anything from that self promoting, self obsessed cheater? Bounty-gate and targeting players is something that happens every Sunday in the NFL, but I highly doubt anyone out there (outside of Vontaze Burfect) is intentionally trying to end careers. You guys want another Meh coach that's just a Spanii puppet and will maintain the same soft as hell approach? I want someone that will come in and turn the culture around. It took a hardnosed disciplinarian like Marty to do just that last time, he just couldn't finish. Its gonna take hardnosed "a-hole" to do it again, IMO.
                sigpic

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

What difference does it make whether Merriman was the only one roided up? And if Fisher and his DC are consistently targeting players why is that Merriman is the ONLY ONE that's been put out of the game? Really, how can anyone believe anything from that self promoting, self obsessed cheater? Bounty-gate and targeting players is something that happens every Sunday in the NFL, but I highly doubt anyone out there (outside of Vontaze Burfect) is intentionally trying to end careers. You guys want another Meh coach that's just a Spanii puppet and will maintain the same soft as hell approach? I want someone that will come in and turn the culture around. It took a hardnosed disciplinarian like Marty to do just that last time, he just couldn't finish. Its gonna take hardnosed "a-hole" to do it again, IMO.
                  How is Fisher not the definition of a Meh coach? He's tied for the most losses in NFL history. He's not had a winning season since 2008!

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Lol Fisher sure turned the Rams around. He's not hard-nosed, he's just a relic who can't adapt.

Comment

• Highboltage
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      The Rams are still paying him for the next 2 years, right?
                      That right there puts him on the Spanos radar.
                      So he'd only be here for 2 years anyways.

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
                        How is Fisher not the definition of a Meh coach? He's tied for the most losses in NFL history. He's not had a winning season since 2008!
                        At least this is a valid argument. And a good point.

At the end of Fisher's tenure in Tenn. the Titan owner, Bud Adams, drafted and forced Vince Young on Fisher. He never wanted the guy, but he gave him a fair shot. Long story short, Fisher was right and Vince Young was a bust. That set him and the team back for many years. As Charger fans we are all too familiar with a situation like that. With the Rams he really never really had the talent or the QB, and their not so smooth transition has been a huge distraction. Although the situation here in SD is very similar to the Rams I think we have a better, younger core of players, plus the addition of a franchise type QB which Fisher hasn't had since McNair. IMO, he can do mare with what we have here than he could with the mess up in LA.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

At least this is a valid argument. And a good point.

At the end of Fisher's tenure in Tenn. the Titan owner, Bud Adams, drafted and forced Vince Young on Fisher. He never wanted the guy, but he gave him a fair shot. Long story short, Fisher was right and Vince Young was a bust. That set him and the team back for many years. As Charger fans we are all too familiar with a situation like that. With the Rams he really never really had the talent or the QB, and their not so smooth transition has been a huge distraction. Although the situation here in SD is very similar to the Rams I think we have a better, younger core of players, plus the addition of a franchise type QB which Fisher hasn't had since McNair. IMO, he can do mare with what we have here than he could with the mess up in LA.
                          You are what your record says you are. If you're going to make excuses for Jeff Fisher, then you should be able to give McCoy another shot. McCoy has been dealt a bad hand with all the injuries of the past two years.

Comment

Working...
                          X