• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yubaking
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    Yeah this new guy, Telesco, sucks. All the hype and excitement about him and the team is only 0-0.
    I strongly suspect that that is the best record the team will see this year.

Comment

• SFW
      PB Official Game Thread Starter
      • Jul 2013
      • NY
      • USMC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
      If we had anything remotely close to a good HC, we would have made the playoffs from 2006 through 2012.

It was stunning to me that the team ownership could not differentiate between the worst HC in all of football and a GM that had built a roster that didn't have a losing season for 9 years.
      What becomes more obvious by the day is that your hate for Telesco is mostly due to your love for AJ. I have a feeling that no matter what GM replaced AJ and started making decisions here, that you would have hated him just the same.
      1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
      2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
      3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
      4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
      5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
      6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
      7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Yubaking
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        No, the biggest mistakes in this franchise's history were Gene Klein trading Jefferson and Dean away, followed thereafter by Big Hands, etc.
        Jefferson was effectively replaced by Chandler, but letting Dean and Johnson go just sucked.

It was also a mistake that nobody locked the refrigerator at Kelcher's house.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          I don't believe we had to trade up to draft him.
          Only 1 person ON EARTH thought we did. Unfortunately, he had the power to do it.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

If we had anything remotely close to a good HC, we would have made the playoffs from 2006 through 2012.
            Typo? You mean 2010-2011-2012? We made the playoffs in 2006 thru 2009.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
              Maybe we didn't have to, but we did.

We could have had Woodson or the guy I really wanted who was also a bust.

You're right. NFL.com doesn't show that we had to trade with Arizona but Wikipedia does.

Comment

• Yubaking
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
                What becomes more obvious by the day is that your hate for Telesco is mostly due to your love for AJ. I have a feeling that no matter what GM replaced AJ and started making decisions here, that you would have hated him just the same.
                Your statement is untrue. I did think that A.J. should have been kept, but tried to give the new GM a chance.

And what did he do? He signed Novak, Goodman, R. Brown, Keiser, Wynn, Patrick, Ohrnberger, Starks, et cetera. He failed to re-sign Franklin, Martin, Phillips, Barnes, D. Williams, and Jammer. He failed to cut Clary and Royal.

Then, he traded away our 4th round pick to get Te'o even after he had created holes everywhere when nobody was going to take Te'o before #45 and even if they did, a better athlete in Bostic was just sitting there to be taken. Then, with only 1 NT on the roster and a chance to draft a potentially dominant NT of the future in Jenkins (who the Saints were given an A+ grade for taking and who started over Geathers at Georgia), Telesco whiffed and took a slow Raiders hat wearing knuckleheaded WR (our position of least need at the time).

I think it's fair not to be thrilled with a GM that makes more perceived bad moves than good ones. The fact that the new incompetent GM took over for a solid one just makes it worse.

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Opera singer and web developer.
                  • Send PM

OT: Hey Yuba, are you named after the county in northern California (which would make sense, as the Sacramento Kings are the closest professional sports team) or after tofu skins? I'm just curious, as someone else asked a few days ago and got no answer. It would be cool if you were the King of Tofu Skin, but alas that's probably not what inspired your choice of name.
                  Adipose

Comment

• Yubaking
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    Typo? You mean 2010-2011-2012? We made the playoffs in 2006 thru 2009.
                    No, I said what I meant. Norv cost us the three years you identified, which means we would have made it from 2006-2012 as I said. And the point is that we wouldn't have a new GM if we had made the playoffs 7 years in a row.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

No, I said what I meant. Norv cost us the three years you identified, which means we would have made it from 2006-2012 as I said. And the point is that we wouldn't have a new GM if we had made the playoffs 7 years in a row.
                      It's just a shame that AJ chose Norv and then stuck with him. I guess maybe he wasn't so solid after all...

Comment

• SFW
                        PB Official Game Thread Starter
                        • Jul 2013
                        • NY
                        • USMC
                        • Send PM

Your statement is untrue. I did think that A.J. should have been kept, but tried to give the new GM a chance.

And what did he do? He signed Novak, Goodman, R. Brown, Keiser, Wynn, Patrick, Ohrnberger, Starks, et cetera. He failed to re-sign Franklin, Martin, Phillips, Barnes, D. Williams, and Jammer. He failed to cut Clary and Royal.

Then, he traded away our 4th round pick to get Te'o even after he had created holes everywhere when nobody was going to take Te'o before #45 and even if they did, a better athlete in Bostic was just sitting there to be taken. Then, with only 1 NT on the roster and a chance to draft a potentially dominant NT of the future in Jenkins (who the Saints were given an A+ grade for taking and who started over Geathers at Georgia), Telesco whiffed and took a slow Raiders hat wearing knuckleheaded WR (our position of least need at the time).

I think it's fair not to be thrilled with a GM that makes more perceived bad moves than good ones. The fact that the new incompetent GM took over for a solid one just makes it worse.
                        You do realize that three of the players you hated that Telesco signed were originally signed and brought in by AJ right? Your honor, I rest my case. I think the evidence more than speaks for itself.
                        1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                        2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                        3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                        4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                        5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                        6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                        7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Yubaking
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                          OT: Hey Yuba, are you named after the county in northern California (which would make sense, as the Sacramento Kings are the closest professional sports team) or after tofu skins? I'm just curious, as someone else asked a few days ago and got no answer. It would be cool if you were the King of Tofu Skin, but alas that's probably not what inspired your choice of name.
                          Panama, the genesis of the name indirectly traces back to the name of the northern California county and the first part of the name of neighboring Yuba City, which, for reasons surpassing all understanding, is actually situated in the adjacent Sutter County and not Yuba County. Many years ago there were bunch of us hailing from the same high school in that area that played soccer together in college and we were known as the Yubaboys. And from Yubaboys came my individual moniker of Yubaking.

Comment

Working...
                          X