• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

New Stadium Developments...hmmmm

Last edited by Beerman; 09-05-2013, 06:01 PM.
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

I support this (from riverside county)

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

This looks like the unofficial Woe Is Us spin from Fabiani & co to direct our attention to the word Contiguous and let us believe they gave it their all, and can no longer deal with SD politicians.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
        This looks like the unofficial Woe Is Us spin from Fabiani & co to direct our attention to the word Contiguous and let us believe they gave it their all, and can no longer deal with SD politicians.
        I'd would believe that.... But.... year after year all I read is rumors from nobody important that we're moving to LA and year after year I hear/see the Chargers making efforts to stay in SD. What's it been, 8-10 years of this anti stadium rhetoric?

Show me proof where this whole 10 year adventure was just a rouse by the mean/angry Chargers to move (somewhere) in the mid 2010's.
        Last edited by TABF; 09-05-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
          I'd would believe that.... But.... year after year all I read is rumors from nobody important that we're moving to LA and year after year I hear/see the Chargers making efforts to stay in SD. What's it been, 8-10 years of this anti stadium rhetoric?

Show me proof where this whole 10 year adventure was just a rouse by the mean/angry Chargers to move (somewhere) in the mid 2010's.
          I'm not questioning the Spanos family's commitment to staying in San Diego at all. Those kids that are now in charge spent their whole lives here.
          What I do fear is the tide finally turning because of the impending Alex Spanos estate issue, and probable capitulation to outside poitical forces locally.
          As a resident of the inland Empire, I don't have a Hoarse in this race other than my affection for fellow Bolt fans who have resided in SD and I truly hope they can work. Something out to keep the team there.
          A move close to me would make things much easier as far as my own logistics, but I would MUCH rather have the team remain where my Charger Football brothers wish.
          I do see a change here in the proceedings with this press statement, and hope that I am wrong about this.
          sigpic

Comment

• TABF
            Por debajo del promedio
            • Jun 2013
            • SoCal
            • Send PM

I'm not questioning the Spanos family's commitment to staying in San Diego at all. Those kids that are now in charge spent their whole lives here.
            What I do fear is the tide finally turning because of the impending Alex Spanos estate issue, and probable capitulation to outside poitical forces locally.
            As a resident of the inland Empire, I don't have a Hoarse in this race other than my affection for fellow Bolt fans who have resided in SD and I truly hope they can work. Something out to keep the team there.
            A move close to me would make things much easier as far as my own logistics, but I would MUCH rather have the team remain where my Charger Football brothers wish.
            I do see a change here in the proceedings with this press statement, and hope that I am wrong about this.
            As a fellow IE brother (born/raised in SD), I hear what you're saying, however, your previous post made a point of Fabiani (Chargers) making these new/improved efforts in an effort to CHECK the "we tried" box.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

As a fellow IE brother (born/raised in SD), I hear what you're saying, however, your previous post made a point of Fabiani (Chargers) making these new/improved efforts in an effort to CHECK the "we tried" box.
              Well put. They have just checked the "We tried" box.
              sigpic

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

After this season, a lot of San Diegans will help them pack for the move...to anywhere. Which would really be a shame. I have a lot of fun following the Chargers - between February and August. LOL!

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

When I look at the field dimensions and giving a 5 yard buffer for each side lengthwise and a 10 yard buffer along the sidelines I come up with a floor space of only 81,900 sf. I wonder how they get to the 225,000 sf listed in the article.

Comment

• TABF
                    Por debajo del promedio
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoCal
                    • Send PM

Well put. They have just checked the "We tried" box.
                    As a reminder, you said (below)

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse (again)
                    And again, are you saying this was a 10 year master plan "Check the Box"? I highly doubt that.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

As a reminder, you said (below)

And again, are you saying this was a 10 year master plan "Check the Box"? I highly doubt that.
                      Not at all. They did try to stay over the past 10 years. I believe this is in response to recent politics.
                      sigpic

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                        When I look at the field dimensions and giving a 5 yard buffer for each side lengthwise and a 10 yard buffer along the sidelines I come up with a floor space of only 81,900 sf. I wonder how they get to the 225,000 sf listed in the article.
                        Probably talking about the entire stadium. For a convention, they could make use of much more than the actual field.

Comment

Working...
                        X