• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Spenser Pulley
    COLLEGE: Three-time selection to SEC Academic Honor Roll...team captain for eight games as senior...started 41 career games, including 37-straight to close career...SEC Offensive Lineman of Week after 2015 win over Missouri...started at center as senior after starting at right guard as sophomore and junior...played at Vanderbilt from 2011-15...human and organizational development major.

Three years starting experience, one year starter at C, smart - three time Academic Honor Roll. He's got a lot going for him. I especially like smart guys at center.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• JayShort21
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'm hoping that Feeney gets to start somewhere. I think it'll end up with him at LG and Slausen back to Center.

It would be sweet to have Barksdale on the bench but Im sure the coaches think playing Lamp out of position at Tackle would be a bad start to his career.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

If Pulley or Tuerk can play OC, id rather Slausson be at OG where he had been his whole career prior to last year. But its OTAs. Time to experiment so none of this is big news to be serious about.

Lamp being at OT I don't think is playing him out of position although their early vision is to have him at OG.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I'm liking having options. And I think Pulley can start this year. He's competed and rose to the top when he wasn't expected to. I like that.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• pigskin
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Southern Oregon
            • Send PM

I may be WAY off base here, but I thought I remembered it being said Tuerk could play anywhere on the line. How about having him challenge Barksdale at RT?

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Tuerk has starting experience at USC at OT, OG, and C. He is high cut, like an OT, and has the sort of reach you look for as an OT. Who knows how it will all pan out.

I think the idea at C is to try and find someone else besides Slausson. He can play the spot, but he is 33, so he is not long for the team. Better to get someone else started. In a pinch, if no one else is up to it, an older vet like Slausson can fill in at short notice with little practice time. I would rather see them try and get someone else to play C since that is the more important position. While Slausson is a solid C, I think he is a better OG.

One of the really tough parts of playing C is making the line calls. But the last couple years (not last year, but the couple before that), Rivers was making many of the calls that a C traditionally makes. Some teams will occasionally have a vet OG who has played C make the calls too. Courtney Hall made the line calls the year we had him start at OG (and Frank Cornish started at C in 1990 season). In a pinch, we could have Slausson make the line calls with Rivers and let one of the younger guys just play C if they aren't up to doing it themselves.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
                I may be WAY off base here, but I thought I remembered it being said Tuerk could play anywhere on the line. How about having him challenge Barksdale at RT?
                I think Lamp would be the one to challenge Barksdale but if Tuerk can as well it can only be a good thing. Nice to have options. The OL looking forward is promising for a change.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Feeney has to start, doesn't he? The talk is that Mike Williams( our number 1 pick) won't start and if Feeney can't crack the top 5( our number 3), not a very auspicious start for our 2017 draft class on a 5-11 squad.
                  Your top draft picks need to make an impact. They can't do that standing on the sideline. And if they aren't good enough to start on a bad team, maybe they shouldn't have been drafted so high?
                  One of the reasons we've been bad the past few years is directly a result of Telesco not finding enough good players at the top of the draft.( and trading away picks to grab guys like Gordon and Te'o)
                  Let the young guys take their lumps-only way they're going to learn to be NFL players.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

If Slausen is to play LG then no, Feeney doesn't have to start. IMO it really depends on Barksdale status. Will he get beat out by Lamp or not because I think Lamp will be the RG otherwise and it will probably be his last season here.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Lamp is coming off 4 years at LT. Im not sure RT is out of position for him. He himself said hes most comfortable at OT. I can guarantee you he dosnt even know he has short arms. lol

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

RT has more value than RG, so I wouldn't mind Lamp winning the job.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

We started OTAs with our 5 "starting" OL, none of whom were draft picks by us. Is there any other team in football that has the same situation. That has no draftees on their starting OL? That has shown this level of negligence in building an OL?
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X