• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

The nice thing with these guys is that I think there are a lot of different possibilities to mix and match.

Is Lamp a OG or OT? Feeney or Slausson to LG? Can Tuerk or Clark play and will the new staff have any loyalty to either? I really liked what I saw out of Pulley last year.

OTA's or whatever they call this time of season, is the perfect time to let guys try out a spot and see if they have any sort of feel for it. Once TC starts, that is when guys are really competing, so it's too late by then.

This year's group is not a finished deal either. I really think Okung is on a 1 or 2 year deal and so is Barksdale if he doesn't recatpure his 1st year (with us) form.

The other guy who might figure into the future if we can stash him on the PS is Mason Zandi. He is not a horrible guy if he can get someone to really work on his technique. He has the frame to be a really tall OT who is a $20 cab ride to get around. He handles speed rushers pretty well, but struggles with counter moves off of speed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      My dream OL

LT - Okung/Hariston
      LG - Feeney/Clark/Pulley
      C- Tuerk/Pulley
      RG - Slausson/Clark/Pulley
      RT - Lamb/Hairston

Gives us a much better OL with upgrades at every position (except possibly Slausson, and that is at worst a draw).
      As long as we are dreaming, I would trade Okung for Joe Thomas lol.. I'm not real excited about Okung but I guess he is a upgrade to Dunlap but they really overpaid for him.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I'm in a wait and see mode on Okung. Another high priced OL bust would be devastating.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          I'm in a wait and see mode on Okung. Another high priced OL bust would be devastating.
          Okung is what he is. An above average run blocking LT and an average pass blocker. He is an upgrade over Dunlap and he was the best FA available (and Telesco and his team knew that there were no star LT in the draft this year). So, the Bolts did what they had to do. Dunlap was injured a lot and the poor guy had way too many concussions. I don't care about the money -- it ain't coming out of my pocket.

The options Telesco had were stick with Dunlap, over draft a rookie, or sign the best available FA at what the price was. The Joe Thomas trade stuff was just talk. I live in Cleveburg and he was never going anywhere.

I think Telesco did the right thing, and in a couple years the Chargers will be looking for a new LT.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Big Dog
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Max Tuerk was drafted at pick #66 compared to Lamp at #38 and Feeney at #71.

In 2016 Mayock had him as the 3rd best Center, which puts him in top 10-15 OL guys in the draft. Mayock said pulls really well as a Center and has good feet ... caveat should be when healthy.

Really liked Coach Markos OL:

Okung
            Feeny
            Slauson
            Lamp
            Barksdale

Center was our best OL position last year, and I kind of like Slauson there. Feeney being a good pass blocking guy puts him on the left side to me, Lamp on the right side is a no brainer with his road grader run blocking skills. That way we have the rookies protected by a veteran on either side of them. Just not sure if Feeney is up to the task yet, especially in the run game.

Then we have Max Tuerk and Craig Harriston
            as our back swing guys. I really like that 5+2 setup and backup. It feels stronger than Feeney + Harriston somehow.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Tuerk was rated based upon future projection of his past play. His injury clouds that projection.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Tuerks rating was also while he was injured. I think some are making too much of not seeing him in action yet.

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2017
                  • Send PM

I think Slausen gets moved back to LG so far they're been playing him there, unless Lamp has some struggles at RG I think the real competition spot is at Center, between Turek, Feeney and Pulley

Okung
                  Slausen
                  Turek
                  Lamp
                  Barksdale
                  Last edited by bolts4lyfe; 05-16-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• therber219
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2017
                    • Iowa
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    Tuerk was rated based upon future projection of his past play. His injury clouds that projection.
                    This is pretty much true for any prospect, since they are all coming into a new world.....everyone is judged on their past production, and any injuries weigh on their draft position...which is why he fell to where he did right?

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

I'm disappointed we didn't get more info on him this week.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• therber219
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2017
                        • Iowa
                        • Send PM

I'm gonna take an opposite approach from some people here, and say no news is good news?....maybe??

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post
                          I'm gonna take an opposite approach from some people here, and say no news is good news?....maybe??
                          I think so. Im not too worried about it. He hasnt even seen the field yet. Not even in a backup roll. Let the kid play. Asses the body of work.

You cant be a good team overpaying crappy OL and wasting draft picks on them.

Comment

Working...
                          X