By Hayley Elwood

Pulley's Rapid Rise a Year in the Making

A year ago, Spencer PulleyMatt Slauson all the time and Philip RiversRead

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2017
      • Send PM

Gary Sitti from BFTB said he attended OTA's 1st team OL was Okung, Slausen, Pulley, Burwell, Barksdale

Said Okung and Slausen were dominant, Communicated very well with each other and worked great on the left side. Pulley looked good and Burwell kept slipping and falling.

2nd team Was Hairston, Feeney, Turek, Lamp, Wiggins Feeney looked really good, Turek was struggling, kept fumbling the snap, bowling the ball back to the QB, and was getting manhandled by Square and Palepoi all day, Lamp looked better as advertised, later in the day was taking his assignment as well as helping a struggling Turek, keeping Square quiet for the rest of the day.

King worked as Nickel didn't take a single line up at FS, Addae and Lowery were starting FS and SS, Jenkins and Boston were 2nd string SS and FS.

Allen was dominating the CB's neither Verret or Hayward were out there so Allen went against Mager and Williams, outside of Allen none of the other WR's were out there, and none of the ones who were impressed

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Thanks for the update. Discouraging about Tuerk. He does have that very awkward snap hold. I expect things to change for the first team in camp. Expected King to poay Nickel. Such an important roll.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Teams typically don't compete for spots yet. It is about learning the positions. They aren't going to cut anyone yet. That is what TC is for.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

It's pretty obvious Tuerk is behind Pulley. I hope there is a spot for him, but we'll have to see in TC.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Is Slauson out of the mix at center and now just slotted as a guard?
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

I dont think any position is decided....let em start the real camps and see who emerges after trial and error. Best 5 start.

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                  I dont think any position is decided....let em start the real camps and see who emerges after trial and error. Best 5 start.
                  Yeah I'm all for that... would love it to shake out like this:

Okung/Slauson/Pulley/Feeney/Lamp

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2017
                    • Send PM

I think the only real competition spot after all is said and done is going to be the Center position, When Lynn had Slausen in NY, he was the LG plus early in OTA's there is all this buzz how Slausen and Okung look so dominant on the left, doubt they break up that continuity. The fact that they keep playing Lamp on the right side when he was traditionally on the left his whole college playing time leads me to believe he'll take over the starting RG. As now it sounds like Pulley has the upper hand at Center, also people say he is the strongest O line man on the roster, having the advantage to take up double team defenders, they'll probably keep him there if he can hold off Turek. For this year at least I think they'll use Feeney as the rotational back up interior line man giving him play time at all 3 interior spots while eventually becoming the starting LG of the future.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Yeah i think if i were to project the OL right now it would probably be...

LT Okung
                      LG Slausson
                      C Pulley
                      RG Lamp
                      RT Barksdale

Shocking because i think Barksdale is terrible. And despite not wanting 2 Rookies next to each to other i wonder if Feeney RG/Lamp RT is a better look than Lamp RG/Barksale RT.

I hope Lamp gets a shot to compete in camp at RT. Feeney is such a good pass protecting RG and Lamp not only pass protects well but is a mauler in run blocking. That would be a pretty balanced OL. But its not easy spending time at 2 positions in camp. Its hard enough to learn the OG position in this scheme. We run a pretty complex zone. I like the idea that Lynn will be incorporating multiple fronts. As i think some of our OL may be better in power schemes than zone.

Its shocking to me that Barksdale keeps fooling the coaching staff. I still have visions of him looking dejected countless times after getting Rivers killed. And looking as unathletic as Franklin in the process. Mix in his interview video bombs after playing like shit and he just makes me sick to my stomach.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

......the problem with Barksdale on the bench is that I picture him roaming around clowning the bench and staff while hammering cotton candy and corn dogs

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

LMAO

Comment

Working...
                          X