• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

There's a lot of Shitty olines out there and we have continued to be the shittiest of the shitty.

My issue has always been is it the players or the coaching. I tend to think it is the coaching. Time will tell.

Ps autocorrect is driving me crazy. Shitty oline becomes Shiite olive. Perine becomes perineal.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Funny, sometimes for me my auto correct says, "I got nothing."
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        Don't see them moving Slauson off of C. Didn't Okung have an awful year at LT for Denver last season? I hope he isn't just handed the LT position and Lamp gets a shot to compete there. I'd love to see if he could be the answer there long term.
        Um, have you seen Okungs contract? For better or worse, he's the left tackle.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Gordon ran hard all year and had 997 yards rushing with 10 TDs & 41 receptions with 2 TDs. He was healthy enough to play that last game and get his 1000 yd season but they held him out. How is that not a breakout season after not even scoring 1 TD his rookie year? When was the last time a Chargers starting RB had that kind of production, and behind a shitty OL? He can only get better with a better OL, but it's yet to be proven if this year's changes actually do result in a better line this time.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

No doubt he had a good year. But that 3.9 yard per attempt will be over 5 yards per attempt in a major breakout. I think he can end up being top 5 in yardage. I think for me personally i raised the bar way up high for Gordon. He was the one player i was relentless about drafting. And i placed the LT typ production tag on him. So until that happens....and it will....he hasnt broken out in the way hes expected yet. Which is fine. Its coming. Winter is coming. lol

1400 yards rushing on 280 attempts. Teams will be dealing with so much more than Tyrell this season. This offense is loaded. Big time firepower.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

I don't know if he has to get to LT type production, simply because of the way the NFL game has changed. Gordon is at the same level of production that I expect most backs to reach if you give them a similar number of carries.

The OL improvement just has to get to the point that it limits the amount of inside penetration. Just give Gordon the chance to get going, the natural talent will come out. He still needs to improve, but we have seen him stepping his game up when he gets the carries. At this point he is in a similar situation to Mathews, and now the team needs to give Gordon a bit of help and get him over the hump.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

From the UT. The first crack in the myth named Tuerk. Who is and shall remain a ghost until proven otherwise.

+ Lamp and Feeney. Both are square and athletic.Their bodies aren’t sloppy. They have a raw-boned “country” strong look. Talking to reporters, they’re comfortable and quick.

So, there are signs of growth at head coach, the bargaining table and in the past two drafts, although the investments in Lamp and Feeney may signal that 2016 selection Max Tuerk, a third-round center-guard from USC, may have a tough time winning a roster spot.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I think Pulley is still ahead of Tuerk, just because of game time experience. The thing is Pulley isn't anything special.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

None of that means shit till TC. Tuerk will get his chances

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

I sure hope Feeney gets a chance to play this year. Im afraid if he dosnt we will be discussing his release next year?(sarcasm) Maybe its just me but im assuming TT had Tuerk ranked pretty high on his board. GMs take a guy in the 3rd they usually have a much higher round grade on them. He hasnt even shown in a game yet. Hes coming off injury. If we release Tuerk i will seriously question what this scouting department missed in his initial assessment. That same assessment that helped him get drafted pretty high. But maybe this is another Watt pick. Just terrible at scouting OL. I hope thats not the case for Feeney and Lamp. lol

Even if hes been healthy for some time now...how long have they been working to develop him? What could he do while injured to develop?

If he gets released ill assume its more medical than anything. I know 3rd rounders get cut all the time. Just not a year after they are drafted.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I'd be shocked if he gets released. He is cheap and been rehabbing his knee. I just take all this talk of him getting cut as fan overreaction like we see all the time. The kid has never even got in a game yet and he might be released? lol. At least let us see him suck in preseason first. Sounds like he at least has a good work ethic.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-14-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Time will tell, but Tuerk to the PS is a very real possibility.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X