• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    Time will tell, but Tuerk to the PS is a very real possibility.
    Sure, if you want somebody to steal him from you. Guarantee he wont last there long. I'm sure there are teams that had him rated a third. What third rounders end up on the PS? Unless they really reached for one...Like Mouton. Seriously, has there been any?
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-14-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Is it possible Tuerk is taking a longer time to heal than anticipated? If so maybe he gets preseason PUP'ed?
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Have you heard anything that said he hasn't healed? The lack of news on Tuerk really shouldn't be surprising. We are barely getting any news on the team as a whole, why would we get news on a 2nd year 'redshirted' OL?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
          Have you heard anything that said he hasn't healed? The lack of news on Tuerk really shouldn't be surprising. We are barely getting any news on the team as a whole, why would we get news on a 2nd year 'redshirted' OL?
          I just don't want to cut him already. I hate to think TT missed this badly on another high pick.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
            Only thing I've read is that he had taken reps and is practicing the only way he can. Obviously not in pads though. I've seen nothing that says he isn't healed or needs more time so this speculation that he might be cut is puzzling.

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2017
              • Send PM

Turek has said he's been working with Matt Slausen all last year, in addition to that, Turek had experience playing all over the offensive line, He may even end up as our swing tackle. That being said having Pat Meyer as our OC line coach who was a former Strength and conditioning coach, here's to hoping for less injuries this year

Turek was graded as a 1st or 2nd round talent but his late inury pushed him into the 3rd (scouting reports did mention he has a strange way of snapping the ball which may turn coaches off) Our old O line coach had him slated as a guard at the next level, heck if we really feel crazy this year we can go Okung, Turek, Feeney, Lamp, Barksdale
              Last edited by bolts4lyfe; 05-14-2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bolts4lyfe View Post
                Turek has said he's been working with Matt Slausen all last year, in addition to that, Turek had experience playing all over the offensive line, He may even end up as our swing tackle. That being said having Pat Meyer as our OC line coach who was a former Strength and conditioning coach, here's to hoping for less injuries this year

Turek was graded as a 1st or 2nd round talent but his late inury pushed him into the 3rd (scouting reports did mention he has a strange way of snapping the ball which may turn coaches off) Our old O line coach had him slated as a guard at the next level, heck if we really feel crazy this year we can go Okung, Turek, Feeney, Lamp, Barksdale
                Really really really want not to see Barksdale out there, at least not the way he played. Somehow I think Lamp may end up as our best RT option.

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  Really really really want not to see Barksdale out there, at least not the way he played. Somehow I think Lamp may end up as our best RT option.
                  Sadly both Lynn and Telesco keep suggesting all 3 interior line spots are open, without mentioning tackle positions, telling me Barksdale is safe for now

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

That just sucks. I was almost believing they went for Feeney after the Lamb pick cuz they wanted the flexibility of moving Lamb to the outside:

Lamb
                    Slausen
                    Pulley
                    Feeney
                    Okung

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
                      I just don't want to cut him already. I hate to think TT missed this badly on another high pick.
                      I don't think anyone wants to see him cut already which is what really puzzles me as to why I keep hearing talk about it. I've heard nothing from the franchise that even insinuates there's an issue. As mentioned he was a borderline 1st rounder before his injury, I don't see how a year of not playing (especially when TT stated he wouldn't right after they drafted him) puts him in danger. He can play 4 spots, and is smart and athletic. He may be our best pulling OL. At this point in the offseason everything is about the draft picks, not hearing about returning players is par for the course. If he continues to be a ghost come Training Camp then I will start to question his place on the team.

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2017
                        • Send PM

^^^ Pretty much this, until he is a no show in TC or even next week when the vets show up, I'm not worried about Turek. I also want to say (apples to oranges comparison) Max Turek may have been a higher rated prospect coming out than Dan Feeney. When I say this it's hard to argue either side, it comes down to who is the better pro from here on out. But Turek was a highly touted prospect until he got hurt, borderline top 5 ol prospect in a OL heavy class vs top 5 prospect in a weak ol class. Weak as in OT's were lacking, interiors were just as good as any year, just as a DL class would be labeled weak if there were no pure elite pass rushers

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

I sort of see it like Tuerk is a rookie this year. We had 2 3rd rounders. And we took Lamp, Feeney and Tuerk. In a perfect world thats our stud interior for years to come. But with Slauson we may be able to see how Lamp does at RT.

If Tuerk is healthy this year and gets beat out i may start to scratch my head a bit, but I dont think he gets cut. He is a back up Center and OG who has OT experience in college. I think even Clark had that same versatility in college. Maybe drafting versatile college OL is where TT is making his mistakes. lol.

Lamp himself said he feels much more comfortable at OT. But that he would do whatever they asked. That just tells me he wants to play OT. Id see how he does at RT.

Okung
                          Feeney
                          Tuerk
                          Slauson
                          Lamp

In a perfect world

Comment

Working...
                          X