• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    He's been surprisingly good this year. Much better so far than last season.
    He has but again he's older and I think he'll probably wear down if he keeps playing the amount of downs he is.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Charged up
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I wish (hope) the young guys are taking notice on what it takes to be an all pro. I'm glad he's here.

Comment

• Wheels
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

So far he's looked good. I don't think it can be understated how important his role as mentor has been as well. If he keeps it up, it'll be hard for anyone to dislike this signing, unless they simply were reflexively against everything the new management does.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

He just has to hold up, as we have all said (or implied). And that means stamina, not injury. You can never call an injury. However, all of the DL guys seem to be playing too many snaps, if you ask me. Over a long season that can't be good. We need to get Less-Is-More in there. Still sorry we didn't at least try to include Nevis. He must have really looked like dog poop at practice.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            He has but again he's older and I think he'll probably wear down if he keeps playing the amount of downs he is.

Ditto!!! How much is guaranteed in the 2nd year. I am not complaining now, but at his position it is only natural to wear down as the season comes to the end.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Do we have any guys on IR/in a boot over 27 years old? Seems it's the kids with injury concerns. I fear for CBJ.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Freeney is worth it. Be patient.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Buck
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If we had a decent secondary, he'd get better chances. I think he was a great pickup. He's better than Shaun Phillips.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I know you guys are worried because Freeney and JJ have played a large % of the defensive snaps...but if we can more often than not win the TOP (ie last week we had the ball for 40 min) then the actual number of snaps isn't a lot. Now granted we won't win the TOP so lopsidedly every week, but you get my point.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

LOTS of experience between those two...
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                        I know you guys are worried because Freeney and JJ have played a large % of the defensive snaps...but if we can more often than not win the TOP (ie last week we had the ball for 40 min) then the actual number of snaps isn't a lot. Now granted we won't win the TOP so lopsidedly every week, but you get my point.
                        Theyve still face the average # of offensive plays. Even is TOP is tipped in their favor. Facing an offenses that dont bleed the clock wears guys down as well
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                          Ditto!!! How much is guaranteed in the 2nd year. I am not complaining now, but at his position it is only natural to wear down as the season comes to the end.
                          His dead money hit after the season is $1.625M. He has a roster bonus of $1M next year. If he was to be on the team next year he would cost $5.125M against the cap. Our cap situation is not great next year so we have to think we will be dumping starters from this season with people like Hardwick, Clary, Royal and Freeney being among those who would save us the most.

Comment

Working...
                          X