Oh Boy...I'm gonna get nailed for this one.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Monte Toe

seriously, give the kid a chance will ya? He missed most of preseason injured and that probably cost him most of this year to learning curve. If he's invisible next year then criticize.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
      We will still have holes in 2015 unless Telesco loads up on free agents. All you have to do is look at the current holes and the ones that are likely to develop over the next couple of years to see the problem. I think we can have full quality depth by 2016 if we draft well over the next 3 years.
      See, I think some of the players that look like holes now will actually develop into acceptable second-tier players, the kind that provides solid depth. Look at Harris this year. He couldn't have sucked worse last year, but last year's experience made him better and he is now an acceptable option as a swing tackle. I think we will be saying the same thing next year about some of this year's scrubs.
      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
        Te'o...can't believe there was so much hype around that guy; he's invisible...and soon to be my next Jackhole and Muffews. So I gotta think up a clever, insulting nickname for him, I guess.

How 'bout Zer'o?
        Come on, Q, let's be fair. He's a rookie. He missed almost all of the preseason with an injury. He's only played two games and is being eased back. And I think he played pretty darned well in his second game, especially considering how much catching up he has to do.
        Adipose

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          Monte Toe

seriously, give the kid a chance will ya? He missed most of preseason injured and that probably cost him most of this year to learning curve. If he's invisible next year then criticize.
          Originally posted by Panama View Post
          Come on, Q, let's be fair. He's a rookie. He missed almost all of the preseason with an injury. He's only played two games and is being eased back. And I think he played pretty darned well in his second game, especially considering how much catching up he has to do.
          OK, OK...I'll hold off until next year.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The problem is that Telesco had a bad approach this offseason, which has taken the team way off course. Because the at least NFL roster worthy vets were not kept, we have no quality depth and no quality starters in many places. In fact, we have a Swiss cheese roster that is full of holes--more than this team has had in a decade.

I blame Tom Telesco.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              I blame Tom Telesco.
              Now you get it. Finally.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Fleet, please ban Panama for calling my post stupid. Thank you.

I take no offense, of course. There are only 1-2 people, historically, on this board that I would have taken offense to for a post like that. You are not in that select list.

I agree that this is a slash and burn year; really a throwaway year, IMO. I still don't see this as a 7-9 win team; that's a preposterous notion to me. As I've said, I see MAYBE three more winnable games on the schedule: Jax, NYG, and Raiders. And the 'talent' we've amassed is underwhelming, at best. Love Fluker and Allen; but, other than those two...the cupboard is bare. Te'o...can't believe there was so much hype around that guy; he's invisible...and soon to be my next Jackhole and Muffews. So I gotta think up a clever, insulting nickname for him, I guess.

How 'bout Zer'o?
                Im handing out warnings like condoms in a brothel today. Getting pretty sick of it.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

What do you think of Te'ole'?
                  He's having a much better rookie year than both Butler and Mouton had. What do you think of Allen?

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Im handing out warnings like condoms in a brothel today. Getting pretty sick of it.
                    KIDDING KIDDING! Do not warn anybody. Panama's a bud. He can call me stupid all he wants.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

KIDDING KIDDING! Do not warn anybody. Panama's a bud. He can call me stupid all he wants.
                      Thats the problem. Not everybody knows that. So some members take it as me not madding fairly. If you guys are going to joke around at least mention its a joke and that both parties are cool with it. Its soo fucking hard to mod this place because the rule is pretty black and white.

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Send PM

Q, you f***ing ... um ... sh**, I have nothing clever to say. My fingers are still smarting from the rapping they just got!
                        Last edited by Panama; 10-09-2013, 01:20 PM. Reason: Perhaps we need a tail-tucked-between-his-legs smiley
                        Adipose

Comment

• Yubaking
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                          He's having a much better rookie year than both Butler and Mouton had. What do you think of Allen?
                          I think A.J. Smith is the only guy that didn't know that Mouton was crap. That was an amazingly bad pick for somebody that made some good ones over the years.

Didn't Butler get injured and miss his whole rookie season? If so, I think Te'o playing at all beats Butler. I don't think Te'o has been that bad, but I have concerns about what his top end is. That said, I am waiting to pass judgment on Te'o until the end of next year.

I was simply responding to Q's idea of giving Te'o a negative nickname--it doesn't mean that that is what I believe.

I think Allen is a legitimate NFL player (no worse than a #3 receiver with a healthy DA and Floyd) and am satisfied with him being on the team in that respect. That said, I have very little doubt as I look at things today that we would have been better off drafting Jenkins in the third round as we are missing the kind of tough NT play that he can provide more than anything we would be missing at WR in Allen's absence (even with the WR injuries).
                          Last edited by Yubaking; 10-09-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X