Football is over for this season for the Chargers. NFL wanted Redskins to win.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    Not so fast - it would probably would have sealed a win in that game, but we would have faced a pretty hot Indy team next week AND from what I remember Rivers had injured his foot/heel and likely would not have played the following week. Granted we would have still had MVP-form LT, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it a favorable matchup in the least.
    You're right, sorry. I got my seasons confused. I thought that play was in the AFC Conference Championship. But you're right, we still would have had to face the Colts, a team whose number we seemed to have, but there are no guarantees.
    Adipose

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      You're right, sorry. I got my seasons confused. I thought that play was in the AFC Conference Championship. But you're right, we still would have had to face the Colts, a team whose number we seemed to have, but there are no guarantees.
      In all honesty we just had to hand the ball off to LT 40 times in whatever game we played in the playoffs that year and probably would have walked away with a championship.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

No way in hell there was enough evidence to overturn woodheads touchdown. If that was New England there is no fucking way they take that TD away.

I think the ball nicked the pylon before his knee hit it. God damn this team just cant ever catch a break. If there is a hard road the chargers will take it, and crash and burn gloriously for the whole world to watch.

Comment

• BoltBalls
          Always keep eye contact!
          • Jun 2013
          • SD!
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
          No way in hell there was enough evidence to overturn woodheads touchdown. If that was New England there is no fucking way they take that TD away.

I think the ball nicked the pylon before his knee hit it. God damn this team just cant ever catch a break. If there is a hard road the chargers will take it, and crash and burn gloriously for the whole world to watch.
          I agree with this, especially considering that the referee that called the TD was RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PYLON that Woodhead reached out for. You would think his decision would be fairly definitive. I was also wondering about the camera guy who was right next to that ref filming the play, why wasn't that angle broadcasted during the replay?

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
            I agree with this, especially considering that the referee that called the TD was RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PYLON that Woodhead reached out for. You would think his decision would be fairly definitive. I was also wondering about the camera guy who was right next to that ref filming the play, why wasn't that angle broadcasted during the replay?
            Regardless of the call, more pissed with the 3 calls procceding that you can't get a yard really!!!

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Boltaction, it pains me to see you in this state. Remember what John F. Kennedy said:

We choose to be Charger fans. We choose follow this one team our entire life, not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because being a Charger fan will measure the best of our qualities like loyalty, perseverance, endurance, and our love of the forward pass....
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• BoltBalls
                Always keep eye contact!
                • Jun 2013
                • SD!
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                Regardless of the call, more pissed with the 3 calls procceding that you can't get a yard really!!!
                While this is completely true, it was very frustrating nonetheless. Either way, pound the ball a yard and win the game. :facepalm:

Comment

• Zot
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  No, this thread is ridiculous. Football is entertainment and this team is fun for me to watch. The Chargers most likely win yesterday with decent playcalling. Football is definitely not over. There are 8 more games at least for the Chargers.

And Marty deserved to be fired.
                  I don't agree about the thread. I do agree that football is supposed to be entertainment. I, myself, was taking it waaaaaay to seriously a few years ago and was feeling the frustration of a missed opportunity...but I had to take a step back because I was no longer enjoying watching. What's the point of having a favorite team and cheering for them if you are not enjoying it.

Deserved or not. Our team became worse because of the NOrv hire and that was my point.

Comment

• Wheels
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    I still think on some of those replays that Woodhead did graze the pylong with the tip of the ball BEFORE his knee did.
                    I agree that it would be difficult to conclusively rule he didn't graze the pylon. By the way, pretty amazing effort getting the ball so close to the pylon while flying head first towards the turf. The guy is tough.

Comment

Telesco deserves much praise if you want to find brightsides. Keenan Allen is the steal of the draft thus far, woodhead was a wonderful FA pickup. Telesco gets more of a pass on some stuff like Teo and McCoy. Being a GM first time is tough stuff imo. I dont give McCoy a pass period because coaches either know the game or they dont. My 9 year old knows you runt he ball on the goal like in that situation.

So I am very happy with Telesco so far, and hope McCoy gets his head on straight, but if he doesnt I hope Telesco doesnt pull a fucking AJ and let the clown learn on the job for 5 years while i continue to waste money on season tickets.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Since the season is over what plans do you guys have? Vacations etc? What other sports are you going to watch?

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Since the season is over what plans do you guys have? Vacations etc? What other sports are you going to watch?
                          Tonight is Guy Fawkes night. I'm hoping my sweetie doesn't have Tory tendencies and let's her guy fawke tonight.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X