• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

@MartyCaswell: Broncos fans traveled well for this game...Parking lot and stands full of orange.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
      It's ironic to me that this thread is about telling fans to take a "step back" but to me you are the only fan that needs to take a step forward (now that Yubaking is gone).
      I have been looking ahead over the next 2-3 years since the end of last season.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
        We have much more young talent than last year. We're also figuring out what project players aren't going to develop so we can plan next year accordingly.

Did we even lose any young talent? We have 2 of the top 15 performing rookies, 1 other starting, 1 guy on IR who looked good in camp (not saying much), and 2 projects (T Williams, Geathers). Troutman is playing well for essentially a rookie, and he is becoming a known commodity.

We also picked up 2 good players (Dunlap, Woodhead) at age 28.
        I'd count Vasquez as a loss of a good, young player. Woodhead at 28 ain't young, not for a RB. Freeney sure as shit ain't young and I wouldn't want him back next year. JJ isn't young. If we don't bring back Butler (many on here don't want to pay him what he will probably get somewhere else) we are going to need a big influx of talent at LB. I am not sold on Te'o and really doubt he will ever be worth the trade up. Since we have injuries to Floyd we are younger at WR and we will have to make a decision on whether Royal will be worth his $6M salary next year. Hardwick isn't young, and neither is Clary and a decision will have to be made on them next year because they combine for about $12M in salary against the cap. Gates is not young but is healthy and in shape for the first time since 2007. If he can maintain that then he stays another year but we do have Green waiting to take over for him but we do need another TE. Reinhart looks like a one year deal same with Ohrnsberger. I will reserve judgement on Dunlap but if we are going to be a pass 50 times per game type of team then I guess we don't need a run blocking LT. I am also not yet sold on Troutman as a starter yet. Cox I would say is no improvement over Cason. At least Cason could tackle.

I haven't a clue whether S. Williams can play CB at this level and doubt that T. Williams is the future at OLB. Geathers hasn't done anything to impress me.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

This team has some decent young players (some AJ scraps and some scraps TT has found) and they're getting good experience but they're seeing way too much playing time due to injuries and lack of talent on the team. Upgrade some of those positions next year and the depth starts to look a lot nicer.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
            This team has some decent young players (some AJ scraps and some scraps TT has found) and they're getting good experience but they're seeing way too much playing time due to injuries and lack of talent on the team. Upgrade some of those positions next year and the depth starts to look a lot nicer.
            What young scraps has TT found? I'm curious.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdog View Post
              Besides the change in scenery, Phillips' resurgence may also have something to do with playing for a different defensive coaching staff, starting with Jack Del Rio. Hard to figure their D's overall performance though, given their injuries, etc.
              Also playing against mostly one-dimensional offenses, makes things easier on the D and plays into what Phillips does best.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                I'd say Woodhead. Even at his age he hasn't been a featured RB and hasn't had a large workload before the Chargers. And I like what I've seen of Keiser so far.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

This is what happens when the team - obviously outmanned from Day One - pulls off a couple of unlikely victories ( qnd even more unlikely defeats): We see threads about the playoffs; we talk about drafting in the 20's; guys stickto their 9-win projections.

Hell, we can barely field a team from week to week.

Lets draft in the Top 10, hold on to ALL of out draft choices, draft WELL, and see if we can keep a few guys healthy. We're probably looking at 6-10, at best, so that should put us pretty close to #10 next year.

Oh, and sign a couple moew Danny Woodheads.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Becton - Such a small sample size but I thought he played pretty well when he was in. I thought he was going to get destroyed.
                    Geathers - Came on strong early on but maybe that was the end of it, who knows. I hope they give him time to develop.
                    Patrick - I'm probably in the minority but I think he's played alright.
                    Addae
                    Guy
                    Keiser
                    Walker
                    Lissemore

"young-ish" players:

Woodhead
                    Dunlap
                    Rinehart

Not impressed with:

Cox
                    Phillips
                    Ohrnberger

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

Take the blinders off and you might notice them.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                        Becton - Such a small sample size but I thought he played pretty well when he was in. I thought he was going to get destroyed.
                        Geathers - Came on strong early on but maybe that was the end of it, who knows. I hope they give him time to develop.
                        Patrick - I'm probably in the minority but I think he's played alright.
                        Addae
                        Guy
                        Keiser
                        Walker
                        Lissemore

"young-ish" players:

Woodhead
                        Dunlap
                        Rinehart

Not impressed with:

Cox
                        Phillips
                        Ohrnberger
                        Don't forget Tourek Williams. He might have something developable.
                        Adipose

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                          Don't forget Tourek Williams. He might have something developable.
                          Yeah he has a ways to go but he did make a big play yesterday and he certainly needs time to develop. I'm excited about the draft class for sure. Fluker and Allen look like studs. Teo hasn't been impressive but still excited about his potential. Want to see what Steve Williams can do next year.

Plus it's good to see a couple of the supposed AJ duds or unknowns are producing now.

Comment

Working...
                          X