• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
    It's ironic to me that this thread is about telling fans to take a "step back" but to me you are the only fan that needs to take a step forward (now that Yubaking is gone).
    Not unexpected, sadly.

Comment

• blahblahblah
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      Are our young defensive players improving?

I'm not saying I want Shaun Phillips back, but he looks better this year than he has in any recent years. He's definitely better than English is or likely ever will be.

Not sure how Jammer, Cason, Bigby, and Franklin are doing. I don't even think some of those players are playing. But, maybe with the exception of Wright, their replacements all suck even worse than those players did last year, and hopefully most of those replacements will not be with the Chargers much longer.

Maybe Den60 doesn't long for the days of having a less-than-mediocre defense with a bunch of old players. But the current situation, on defense, seems worse. A lot worse? No. But maybe we could have won one of those close games if the defense had sucked just a little less.

Young players MIGHT improve. You don't know what you have until you play them. Old players won't.

I'm not happy with the play of the young guys, but at least we're not going into next year thinking they might be the answer. This is a rebuilding year, best to find out now.

Comment

• blahblahblah
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
        Look at the roster and tell me we have much more in the way of young talent than we had last year? And are guys like Patrick the future for us because if that is the case, God help us.
        We have much more young talent than last year. We're also figuring out what project players aren't going to develop so we can plan next year accordingly.

Did we even lose any young talent? We have 2 of the top 15 performing rookies, 1 other starting, 1 guy on IR who looked good in camp (not saying much), and 2 projects (T Williams, Geathers). Troutman is playing well for essentially a rookie, and he is becoming a known commodity.

We also picked up 2 good players (Dunlap, Woodhead) at age 28.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
          I'm going to catch flak for this, but I wouldn't have been too upset to see Ronnie Brown out there running the wildcat at the one.
          I had the same thought, during and immediately following that sequence.
          Adipose

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
            Regardless as to what has happened prior to today, we need to muster up some wins over the next 5 games to give oursleves a shot at one of the coveted tournament spots (AKA Playoffs).
            • Sun, Nov 10 vs. Broncos 4:25 PM (ET)
            • Sun, Nov 17 @ Dolphins 4:05 PM (ET)
            • Sun, Nov 24 @ Chiefs 1:00 PM (ET)
            • Sun, Dec 1 vs. Bengals 4:25 PM (ET)
            • Sun, Dec 8 vs. Giants 4:25 PM (ET)

If we can somehow get 3 wins (from above) going into the final three games of the season (two of which are home games), that shouuld give us a pretty damn good reason to attack those final 3 games. 9 wins may be enough to get that final spot. (that was the fan speaking).
            Best case scenario: 10-6. We won't do better than splitting against KC and Denver but win the rest of the games.
            Worst case scenario: 4-12. But we'd have to lose Rivers for the season for this to happen, IMO.
            Most realistic scenario: 7-9. Wins against Oakland, NYG, and one against KC, Denver, Cincy, or Miami.

I'm excited to see how it actually plays out, though. Speculation can be fun, but it's worthless in the end.
            Adipose

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
              We have much more young talent than last year. We're also figuring out what project players aren't going to develop so we can plan next year accordingly.

Did we even lose any young talent? We have 2 of the top 15 performing rookies, 1 other starting, 1 guy on IR who looked good in camp (not saying much), and 2 projects (T Williams, Geathers). Troutman is playing well for essentially a rookie, and he is becoming a known commodity.

Also, let's not forget that part of rebuilding/retooling is absorbing the hit of bad previous contracts which were aimed at getting us over the top for a championship run. Those contracts currently hamper our ability to upgrade at key positions, but that won't always be the case. We can use this season to see what we've got (as you say -- this is directed at Den60), and as our cap flexibility increases we'll be able to address remaining needs better down the road.
              Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post

Stop making sense because all he hears is blahblahblah :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
                sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                  I had the same thought, during and immediately following that sequence.
                  My first thought was I-formation, Mathews over the top (please hold on to the fucking ball!), then I thought QB sneak. None of the plays we ran were even on my radar.
                  sigpic

Comment

• TABF
                    Por debajo del promedio
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoCal
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
                    It's ironic to me that this thread is about telling fans to take a "step back" but to me you are the only fan that needs to take a step forward (now that Yubaking is gone).
                    What happened to Yuba?

Comment

• TABF
                      Por debajo del promedio
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoCal
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                      My first thought was I-formation, Mathews over the top (please hold on to the fucking ball!), then I thought QB sneak. None of the plays we ran were even on my radar.
                      2nd down was a TD if anyone on the planet (including Q) ran the ball... OL blew up the right side. I cannot recall the last time Rivers ran a designed sneak.... But then again, I can recall only 1 roll out for a completion in the last 5 seasons.

Silly-Stupid or weird series of plays?

... I go with all of the above

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                        What happened to Yuba?
                        He's got a timeout until the end of the season.
                        Adipose

Comment

• TABF
                          Por debajo del promedio
                          • Jun 2013
                          • SoCal
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                          He's got a timeout until the end of the season.
                          Where the hell was I? Since I only "browse", and really only open threads wherein the title strikes my interest, i guess I miss a ton around here.

Comment

Working...
                          X