• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
    that's kinda why there are mods, right?
    They are unpaid mods (hell, Fleet is losing money on this), not babysitters. For the price we pay we shouldn't be too demanding on them.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      This is why ive never been interested in being a Mod. Its too much like a job and i dont need a job when im home, lol. Just want to come here, read, comment, smart ass or not, and move on,lol.
      Its probably why i wont fuck around when we have posters blatantly trying to instigate and inflame. Those types cant be modded anyways.

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        They are unpaid mods (hell, Fleet is losing money on this), not babysitters. For the price we pay we shouldn't be too demanding on them.

good point, good point. i just am not a big proponent of censoring people for various reasons. the number one reason in this case, is it's impossible to really get rid of anyone unless you've got some ip banning stuff and can keep on top of them being able to change those up, etc. that's why i'm advocating intervening as they see things drifting off point.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          Agreed, the forum shouldn't need hand holding and baby sitting. It really shouldn't be hard for people to remain civil and stay on topic, no matter what your opinion of anything is.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Im sorry i just think some have a lot of troll characteristics and modding them never does a thing. You can warn a poster...put him on a time out etc...but they dont change. Its more about sitting back and watching those your trying to antagonize get all riled up. With a smile on your face no doubt. IMO its not worth losing regular posters over 1 or 2 guys. I want to create a forum where a rookie charger fan can come to learn about the ways of the Bolts. And not have to be scared about sounding like a greenhorn without being called an idiot or stupid.

The majority of this community has something i put above "Charger Knowledge" and thats what i call Ohana. Its that family and caring sort of characteristic that i always held more important than the Chargers themselves. The creation of this forum was all about the community and less about a Chargers forum.

This is family to me. And if one dick wants to sit here all day and try to create drama and negative vibe and atmosphere i wont just sit here and let that happen.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

By the way, I can't believe someone wouldn't post because they are afraid of being attacked! If their skin is THAT thin then maybe they shouldn't. Hell, my biggest fear is to post and have no one respond to it at all. Which has happened a lot, yet I still post.

Come on in! Toss your opinion out there. We're all just throwing $hit against the wall anyway. Nobody is more 'right' than anyone else. And I don't believe anyone is going to call you names if you think Larry English, or Ryan Matthews are 'all that'; just be prepared to fend off some good-natured kidding about it. Just ask Beerman.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                By the way, I can't believe someone wouldn't post because they are afraid of being attacked! If their skin is THAT thin then maybe they shouldn't. Hell, my biggest fear is to post and have no one respond to it at all. Which has happened a lot, yet I still post.

Come on in! Toss your opinion out there. We're all just throwing $hit against the wall anyway. Nobody is more 'right' than anyone else. And I don't believe anyone is going to call you names if you think Larry English, or Ryan Matthews are 'all that'; just be prepared to fend off some good-natured kidding about it. Just ask Beerman.
                I mostly agree with this. I would add that you should have some actual basis for some opinions.

Last edited by Beerman; 07-06-2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Sorry Q, I've been waiting for Stinky to translate some of them.

:
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Well damn, you should let the staff know of your findings from reading an article on some draft site and tell them to stop playing him at RT in practice.

Ill leave it up to the staff to decide where he should play. I like this staff already though since they right away moved Clary's sorry ass to OG when the last staff didnt....but should of. We'll see about Fluker. If he continues to get better as the season goes, i think he will be fine. The guy seems to want to really work at it to be better.
                    Actually I watched 5 or 6 games from last year on YouTube where the game was broken down to just the offensive plays for Alabama. Of course, I did read the negative reports as well as those that were positive on him. I do believe that "fans" tend to look for the good things over the bad things on a pick and I have been guilty of that in the past as well. From that I was able to see that he does indeed struggle with speed on the outside and I came across thinking he wasn't that good in space either. You have to remember that prior to the draft Fluker's name didn't even come up on the old board until just a couple of days before the draft. Even on draft day a lot of people were shaking their head regarding the pick. Then the Koolaid was served and the rest is history.

Comment

• Den60
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      That isn't why you get pummeled here.
                      Yeah, it is because I don't follow the company line. I know that and accept it.

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I only ever complained about a poster once on the old board, and that was after I served my "time out" and he did something I was banned for. It was a tit for tat move that I thought was childish of me at the time and after doing so I decided not to involve Captain again in any other complaint I had again. Oh, the guy I complained about only got a warning from the mods. I understand that there are those who use the mods to try to limit the speech of others because they don't agree with their opinions. It sounds like Fleet wants to go that direction to "mold" the way the debate should go on here. That is censorship and it is what I expected when I came over here. But, it is his board so he can do what he pleases.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                          Yeah, it is because I don't follow the company line. I know that and accept it.
                          Whats the company line?? Not attacking posters?? Calling them stupid? Or passive aggressively asking them to try to act less stupid?? You think the company line of treating others with respect is worth rebelling against? Were a band of brothers here. We may not agree with each others stance on Charger related topics.,...but we respect each other enough to not go out of our way to antagonize and agitate the posting community here.

You think your some rebel and can do whatever the fuck you want. Say whatever the hell you want. If this is a company like you say you seriously bring nothing to the table. In fact at the end of the day you probably hurt the bottom line.

Sounds like you wont have any problem accepting your ban.

Comment

Working...
                          X