• Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• blueman
      blueman commented
      Editing a comment
      Gee, I feel sorry for them. I know, I’ll trade my first round pick for Donald, that should help them.
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

Comment

• WindsorUK
      WindsorUK commented
      Editing a comment
      +1
      My thoughts exactly. While Team Spanos is hoping( praying?) that TT can patch together a team that might possibly be good enough to make the playoffs, Team Kroenke is putting together a roster that can/will win a Super Bowl.
      If the Rams do win it all, the Chargers will have less than the zero percent chance they ever had of gaining any traction in the LA market.
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Hell no to Geno, if Cardelle Jones is on the roster we need someone that is going to push him for a backup position. Cardelle has a lot to prove yet with potential and Geno already proved this isn't a guy you want under center and he has reached his full potential. Geno is someone you call when you have no options at QB.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

I rather draft Lauletta.

Comment

• blueman
        blueman commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree.
    • Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

I'm OK with Geno Smith as a camp arm. But we need to draft someone if we want real competition to push Jones. Lauletta and White are two pretty good prospects who can be had a bit later in the draft.

Mason Rudolph has some upside, but I think that would be too high a pick for a guy who is a developmental prospect and I don't think he can beat Jones in this camp. You would have to keep him on faith that he develops down the road, and I am not sure we are going to keep 3 QB.

Comment

• Screeme
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I think Geno Smith is indicitive of the type of QB Lynn wants. He signed Cardale, has said he was a fan of Tyrod Taylor. Rivers has a history of production, but I think, based on interviews, etc. given his choice Lynn isn't looking for a classic statue. I know over in the draft threads, people think its all smokescreen, but I'm not unconvinced that Lamar Jackson isn't actually in the fold at 17, to be honest. (Of course, I did just now read he got a 13 on his Wonderlic, so.. ouch!)
        Last edited by Screeme; 03-30-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Boltjolt commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats what Marino got on his too. Still, i think there is no way they go QB at #17. Just cant see them sitting on Mebane and Luiget again and then Luiget gets suspended so i think a high draft pick is coming.
      • Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

What's next: The Chargers still have about $6 million in salary cap space, according to ESPN Stats & Information, so they have enough money to make perhaps one more impact signing in free agency, whether it's bringing back safety Tre Boston or finding another productive player to add to the defense. The Chargers also need to figure out if they will re-sign veteran tight end Antonio Gates, who at the end of the Bolts' 2017 campaign said he wanted to play another season.
        Not a lot of money left. Can they even fit Gates in?
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Raiders cut P Marquette King. Seems strange to cut a pro-bowler, he must not be a Gruden type player.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Charger fans actually want to cut Kaser for King. lol Im battling on twitter.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Bolt-O commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, that's a non-starter since Kaser has become reliable. King won't be out a job for long, but no one would trade for his contract. I think his lights out dance is funny, especially when Merriman is in the house, but someday he's going to get creamed by a blindside block. Raider fans are split on him... most like his production, but half of them hate the act.
          • Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

King is a very good punter. And a total jerk.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Kaser is on track to have a Lechler type career. His 2nd year was pretty amazing given our coverage woes. 48 average 41 net is good. His numbers compared to King are virtually identical last season. And i cant see it being smart to cut a cheap punter with good production for an expensive punter with similar production.

The guy acts like a position player making a play after every kick and thats why everyone knows him. Act like a superstar people will think you are one.

I personally think Gruden couldn't stand the fact a punter celebrated like that.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                I personally think Gruden couldn't stand the fact a punter celebrated like that.
                First thing I thought of when I heard about it.

Comment

Working...
                X