• bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Jets are out of the Suh sweepstakes.

Too funny, I think Suh was shopping the Jets offer all over. No way he wanted to play there
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Gruden running the show, I thought as much but Mark Davis confirms it

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Suh overvalues his services.
        Last edited by Formula 21; 03-26-2018, 12:50 PM.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

I hate wildcatting with Rivers on the field. When he goes out wide, he's just a decoy and everyone on D knows the play is going elsewhere. If it's a wildcat where you're going to sub in the back-up for a play and sit Rivers, that kills whatever momentum we might be having, and then everyone's running around after, and this team has had issues with getting plays in on time as it is. So unless it's some early Kordell Stewart/slash type shit where they're both on the field with Rivers under center... I don't see it as anything effective, but hey, I could be wrong.

And we can go that route, but then there goes our 1st Rounder (assuming he's even still there at pick 17). That seems like a lot to invest for a guy who may very well not see the field for years. I mean, we could pay a bunch of money for a seasoned back-up too, but if Rivers' health & play continues as it has, that just devotes cap space to the bench, and away from the field. The AFC looks more winnable to me now than it has for a long time, so ideally, I'd like to use our 1st Rounder on someone who may be able to contribute right away, or at least to be a safety-net at a position where an injury has more of a history of occurring.

If you draft a 1st round QB, Rivers is on a 1-2 year clock max with the team. I 'd rather we live and die by Rivers. For me, there would be no immediate contingency plan if he goes on IR other than to lose, or hope that a flawed running QB like I mentioned could come in and try to work some magic. But hey, if Rivers goes on IR Week 1 and we didn't draft L.Jackson, maybe we can throw 10 million more at Jay Cutler to keep him out of the broadcasting booth for one more year. :biggrin:

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          I'm going to play devil's advocate here.
          Rivers has never been one to hoist the team on his shoulders and lead them to victory. And now, the way this team is designed, all we need is a game manager at the QB position( a la Alex Smith)
          Our O line should be improved at opening holes for our run game, and if we draft a back in the early rounds to help take the load from MG, even better.
          Our season will ride and fall on the play of our D. We have enough game changers, and if TT adds to the group, they should set the tone for our success.
          Clemens ceratainly isn't the answer and who knows if Jones is. Time to get someone else on board so we can groom him under PR for a few years.
          We should always have a 3rd string QB around in development, but a non-1st round draft pick's contract is only 4 years. So if you develop a guy for a few years, meaning he doesn't hit the field until season 3 or 4, that's maybe 2 or 3 years of paying a guy to train and sit as an insurance policy. Ok, but I hope we don't devote too much cap space to it.
          I agree about K.Clemens. C.Jones should compete with some other developmental prospect (we haven't invested in heavily) in camp, and the loser gets the bus ticket out of town. I have no problem with using an early rounder on a RB for the reason you state, plus MG is UFA in 2020 anyway.

Comment

• Budsman
            Budsman commented
            Editing a comment
            Well thought out. I understand where you’re coming from. I wouldn’t be upset with Payne or Vea at all. I just think Jackson has the talent to be an all pro he just needs time to develop a few things. Rivers I don’t think wants to play past this contract. He’s relatively healthy, has always been a family man and has already pondered retirement. The chargers situation could be perfect for Jackson to give him the same situation Rivers, Young and Rodgers had. Sitting and learning for a couple of years could allow him to fully understand the offense, allow the coaches to have a better understanding of his skill set to put him in places to succeed and allow him to clean up areas of his game that need cleaning up. Heck every QB should get that for maximum effectiveness.
        • bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Last edited by bonehead; 03-26-2018, 12:57 PM. Reason: No

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Gwynning_Spirit commented
            Editing a comment
            Dean, "How do I send a text postage due?"

• bonehead
            bonehead commented
            Editing a comment
            “Look it up on The Google”
        • Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Suh signed with Rams one year 14 mil.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Suh signed with Rams one year 14 mil.
            Suh. Donald. Brockers. Talib. Peters. Wade

bad ass

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Yep, Suh and Donald are an outstanding set of DTs.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Interesting only a one year deal...try and buy. They dont have much for pass rush but do have strengths elsewhere. Will be fun to see the middle of the line to collapse but I expect their will be mire rollouts against them.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

People seem to be forgetting that Suh didn't do much with Miami. Suh has been crying about being double teamed, but he was the best at splitting double teaming when he was with the Lions. And Miami was only OK at DT, but they have had a lot of help at DE (Cameron Wake). If he plays like he has the last 2 seasons, Suh is a waste of time and money. He has to recapture the fire he had for the Lions.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    LOL Pat Kirwan...6-7 million?

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Hmmm, did the Rams just buy themselves a trip to the SB?

Comment

Working...
                      X