• Show
Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Hankins left DC without a contract.......looks like he is fishing for a BIG deal
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• charger1993
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
      Hankins left DC without a contract.......looks like he is fishing for a BIG deal
      Or lets be optimistic hes looking for more help around him. A better dline

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I like Toomer and he always seems to make plays. But there must be something wrong because his playing time took a big hit, was out played by the LB from Jax who was so good I cannot remember his.....Pullard! And now the Chargers making no apparent attempt to keep him.

TG
          Toomer got paid almost $2 million last season. Unless he is gonna start for us, he is kinda pricey. He is not exactly what you look for in a starting LB. His big thing is he can play Will and Mike in our scheme. HE just missed a lot of tackles last year. If we are going to bring in another LB via the draft, the LB meeting room is already very full of players who aren't going to be on the field much as it is.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            I think he is fishing for a big deal. But he probably isn't going to get one. He isn't a great pass rusher and those are the guy who get paid.

I think he is going to be the guy who takes his time and shops himself around. I think he is the kinda guy you have to structure the deal to be a bit more attractive for him, but that you shouldn't have to break the bank for. But he is a pretty good DT, and I think he would be a good guy to replace Mebane and allow us to cut Liuget to get Phillon and Rochelle (and Palepoi) on the field more.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I think he is fishing for a big deal. But he probably isn't going to get one. He isn't a great pass rusher and those are the guy who get paid.

I think he is going to be the guy who takes his time and shops himself around. I think he is the kinda guy you have to structure the deal to be a bit more attractive for him, but that you shouldn't have to break the bank for. But he is a pretty good DT, and I think he would be a good guy to replace Mebane and allow us to cut Liuget to get Phillon and Rochelle (and Palepoi) on the field more.
              Yes! Is their a current player on this roster with the skill set to play nose adequately?
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

As far as DT/Shade tackles go, he is a very good pash rusher. He is not Aaron Donald, but he is a better interior pass rusher than anyone the Chargers have had for a long time.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• whookimane
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

The only reason I can think of as to why mebane and liuget are currently employed is because it makes little sense to cut them before having a deal lined up to utilize the cap space they have created. Liuget is solid but not at his cap hit. Hankins would be awesome, we need some big run stuffing bodies on the interior dline. As for Tre Boston i think his market has just been set with Morgan Burnett signing for about 5 million a year. Realistically with the talent at CB and rushing the passer safety is not a difficult position to play so no need to over spend for it.

Comment

• blueman
                      blueman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Given our subpar safety play of recent years, I guess it is kinda a hard position to play. #nomorescrubs

• Formula 21
                      Formula 21 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Defenses attack the weak link so it is an important position. How do you fill the position is another question.

• whookimane
                      whookimane commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dont really follow the logic here, how do you figure we have suffered from subpar safety play in recent years? Jahleel addae and Tre boston were ranked 21 and 30 out of 64 starting safeties according to PFF last season. It is no coincidence addae's play has taken off with the emergence of joey bosa, melvin ingram and casey hayward playing around him. When i said it is easy to play that is relative to other positions and the market supports this when a guy like tyran mathieu (one of top safeties in the league) just signed a deal for 7 million a yr while someone like trumaine johnson (mediocre #1 cb at best) just got 15 million per year.. Sure we can say every position is important but some are clearly more important than others and safety just isnt one of those positions
                  • Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Fluker signs with the Seahawks. I think he's done. Suh will visit the Raiders, was supposed to visit the Rams.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Need some LBs
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM