• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Fluker signs with the Seahawks. I think he's done. Suh will visit the Raiders, was supposed to visit the Rams.
    ben baldwin
    @guga31bb

Sorts by PFF pass blocking grade
    Gets to #76 out of 78 guards
    Ah, the Seahawks found their man

Chris Jones‏ @CJAFCB 51m51 minutes ago

Replying to @JasonLaCanfora
    Working on making it worse judging by this news

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Any news on Boston? I havent seen much on him. No visits to other teams is a good sign we are still working a fair deal to try to keep him. The big money deals are mainly done. I put my money we pull this out to keep him.

Id be open to Hankins if we can find the cap space. Sounds like hed be a good fit for our needs and is young too.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Ndamukong Suh's free agency tour will not be making a stop in the East Bay.

The free-agent defensive tackle cancelled his scheduled visit Wednesday with the Oakland Raiders and has returned home to mull his options, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Michael Silver.

Following dinner with coach Sean McVay and the Los Angeles Rams on Tuesday night, Suh was slated to fly up to Oakland to meet with the Raiders, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday. However, after the Rams reportedly "made a strong impression" on Suh, the three-time Pro Bowler put the kibosh on those plans.

Rapoport added that Suh is not expected to make a decision on Wednesday, but is considering signing with the Rams, New Orleans Saints or Tennessee Titans, the three organizations that hosted him over the last week.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Bolt-O commented
          Editing a comment
          Apparently there must not be any interest from the Chargers (or by Suh). Even if the Rams paid for the visit, it seems like there was a opportunity to take a side trip south to Costa Mesa, vs. just going home or thinking about turning down the visit to the Raiders.

My guess... he's going to the Saints.
      • oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

He should go to the Rams. Even on a 1 year. Dominant DL facing single blockers
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          THe Rams play a 34 in their base D, and I am not sure Suh wants to play NT, even if that is only a part time gig.
      • RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Rams are loaded. Best chance to mak a SB of the 3. That said they must be hitting the cap with all that talent....in a few years Goff gets a huge deal...talent will be reworked.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

questioned some of the personnel decisionsMichael Crabtree, you put Jordy NelsonDerek Carr. Derek Carr is not Aaron RodgersDoug MartinMarshawn Lynchcould
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Woodson is correct sir
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Interest hypothesis...

A week into the free-agent signing period, safety Tre Boston is still looking for his 2018 home. Boston had the best year of his career in 2017, his first ...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                An equally likely hypothesis is Boston believed all the stories that he was going to get big money. He wanted to cash in, only no team was willing to shell out. NFL teams don't like to pay big money unless the players make splash plays. I bet the Chargers made him and offer, gave him a deadline and now he is just trying to stir up bussiness before he signs. Give it time and see if he comes to his senses.
            • Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Re: Woodson, I am too lazy to look it up, but was he let go during the Gruden years? If so, he might have an axe to grind there...

I do agree with him, though. Gruden may be a genius, we'll see. But on the surface, it looks like he is signing players that he liked from TV interviews. Most of them are past their prime. I read all about how much Gruden has an advantage from all the TV access he had to players from all the teams, but I wonder if the game has passed him by in terms of x-o's and personnel. I think (and hope!) this is going to be a big fail.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                He played for the Raiders 2002-2003, so he joined the season after Gruden was traded to Tampa.

• oneinchpunch
                oneinchpunch commented
                Editing a comment
                Woodson was fired as DB Coach when Gruden was hired.
            • Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Gruden is there to be a leader. The coordinators should do all the game planning and choosing players to fit their scheme.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Gruden is there to be a leader. The coordinators should do all the game planning and choosing players to fit their scheme.

Should do but....maybe Gruden is entering his Mike Shanahan/Bobby Beathard washed up genius phase
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• I'm going to be honest and say that the Jon Gruden hire was actually a very smart PR move by the Raiders. I watched his introductory press conference and there was a buzz about the Raiders which arguably none of the hot coordinators or other retread head coaches could have given them. Gruden knows how to work the media and get the fans excited. His presence on the Raiders can help them sell tickets and boxes in their remaining time in Oakland and then in Las Vegas. All he needs to do is put a decent enough product on the field and the fans will buy into the hype. It might not last the full ten seasons and I'd be surprised if Gruden did last ten seasons with the Raiders, but this was a smart move because the buzz around the Raiders is back.

I do agree that paying him an eight figure salary seems a lot but why does it matter what he is paid? The general person has no control or influence over a team's pursue strings, so what a team decides to spend or not spend is up to the people running the team not the general person. Sure we can analyze the move and give our opinion on it, but it is just words that really have no real meaning because we don't make those decisions yet we talk like we do. So I would say that what Jon Gruden is paid is not really my problem and I would argue that is what it took to get him back on the sidelines. He might say he didn't return for the money, but I suspect if he was offered half of that amount he probably would have stayed in the booth, and if he was offered a quarter of that amount he would definitely have stayed in the booth. As far as I'm concerned they paid the going rate to get him on board. Where I might have an issue with this move is on the length of contract because if things don't go well you can't really fire a head coach two years into a ten year deal unless there is something written into the contract to allow you to do that without taking a major hit. If they have an out on the contract that is good news because they can move on if things go bad. However if there is no out on that contract it might prove very costly for them if things go bad. Then again, you don't appoint any coach and think the worst.

For me, I think hiring Gruden is a good move for the Raiders. Was he the best candidate in a coaching sense? Not really, but he was a superb PR hire.

Comment

Working...
                  X