• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Im just going to say it.

When is the last time anyone here has seen a QB like the kind anthony lynn wants be successful in the NFL with the exception of Michael Vick and to a degree Steve Young? Look I know that Phillip Rivers will need to be replaced eventually as the chargers QB but there is a reason QB's like Geno smith and Kaepernick are not successful in the NFL and that is they do not have the ability to stay in the pocket and be good at it. When the 49ers tried to get kaepernick to stay in the pocket he was horrible. Now you take a player like Marriota who has the ability to stay in the pocket or scrample when he needs to. Now i'm not saying i'm against us drafting Lamar Jackson but if you are going to draft a player like him then make sure he can stand in the pocket and being able to stand there a few secs before throwing or deciding to scramble. Now on to Geno Smith the fact is he is a charger now so even though we all know he sucks I will support him and hopefully him and Cardale Jones can battle who wins the backup spot behind Rivers.
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

I'm against Lamar Jackson

I'm not against getting a more mobile QB, but almost all the QB in this draft are fairly mobile. The rest of them are better passers, even if few can equal Jackson as a thrower.

People were excited because Jackson has Vick like speed. That always scares people, especially DC.

Tim Tebow was a dangerous runner and he was a 4.7 40 time. He wasn't fast by any stretch, but he was physical and athletic, and was able to threaten defenses on the ground. The rookie QB class can be that and more if they develop as passers. They mostly run the zone read, as well as the RPO's that are starting to be popular. But that is still a read that has to be made, and Jackson, like Tebow, RG3 and Kapernick were always looking to run and not to see what the defense was doing downfield.

Unless Geno really steps things up, he is nothing more than a 3rd or 4th (if we draft a rookie or add another vet) QB to play camp arm. I am still excited to see Jones with a year in this offense and time throwing to the same bodies. We just need to bring in another body to fill out the TC roster, and we could have a great practice environment, and that makes everyone better.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Just a camp arm imo.

Comment

• chris9341
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

I get that he may not even make the roster when the season starts but what worries me is the type of QB that Anthony Lynn is looking at and wants as his future QB. Just look at the QB's he has brought into camp since he has been here and thats not even including Robert Griffin.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I don't. Geno isn't any better than Clrmens and Cardale, he might be but he was awful last year so I don't like the signing. Hopefully he can be cut during preseason or before,and they pickup someone better.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-01-2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
              richpjr commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not sure Geno is as good as Clements - and he sucks.
          • Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Smith got $2m from the giants for his one year deal last season. That is the ballpark he probably got from bolts.
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Welp, Geno's not Johnny Football... or as he's soon to be known Johnny Canadian Football.

Bravo TT
                Last edited by Gwynning_Spirit; 04-02-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                  When is the last time anyone here has seen a QB like the kind anthony lynn wants be successful in the NFL with the exception of Michael Vick and to a degree Steve Young? Look I know that Phillip Rivers will need to be replaced eventually as the chargers QB but there is a reason QB's like Geno smith and Kaepernick are not successful in the NFL and that is they do not have the ability to stay in the pocket and be good at it. When the 49ers tried to get kaepernick to stay in the pocket he was horrible. Now you take a player like Marriota who has the ability to stay in the pocket or scrample when he needs to. Now i'm not saying i'm against us drafting Lamar Jackson but if you are going to draft a player like him then make sure he can stand in the pocket and being able to stand there a few secs before throwing or deciding to scramble. Now on to Geno Smith the fact is he is a charger now so even though we all know he sucks I will support him and hopefully him and Cardale Jones can battle who wins the backup spot behind Rivers.
                  The main thing you have to do to be a successful back-up is stay off the field.
                  signed, Gary Kubiak, Jason Garrett, and whoever Marino's back up was before they got Scott Mitchell.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

A great write up on Jackson and some tape breakdown of his strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Gwynning_Spirit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My prediction: shades of '99 and 5 QBs gone in the first 15 picks.

• richpjr
                        richpjr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        5 QBs gone in the first 15 picks would be wonderful for us!
                    Working...
                    X