• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
    Leslie O'Neal had a pretty amazing rookie season, IIRC.
    Leslie rocked right from the start. But as good as Dez in his first four games?

Leslie was DROY, but was not selected to the pro bowl until after his 3rd season.
    Last edited by Formula 21; 10-01-2018, 03:14 PM.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Chargers rookie safety Derwin James is everything we thought he was at Florida State

Los Angeles Chargers Derwin James Los Angeles Chargers got a steal in Derwin Jamesincluding us at PFF
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

G-Ro knows.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Think how good he's going to play with Bosa and Liuget starting

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

That's pretty funny. But it is also somewhat true. But for what its worth, Addae was picked on when he played in the box last season, too. He is just a limited player. Baldinger does a really nice job breaking things down in short clips and he did a set on the Chargers' run defense last year. Addae was often properly schemed by Bradley to stop the play but either missed the tackle or got overwhelmed. Was pretty telling. Reinforces how little I actually see on TV when I make my judgements about players/plays/playcalls.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
                  Think how good he's going to play with Bosa and Liuget starting
                  Im not counting on Liuget being a difference maker. He hasnt yet, no need for him to be now. Yes, hes a solid player and worth having on the team at his current contract level, but I dont expect him to be visible.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

That's pretty funny. But it is also somewhat true. But for what its worth, Addae was picked on when he played in the box last season, too. He is just a limited player. Baldinger does a really nice job breaking things down in short clips and he did a set on the Chargers' run defense last year. Addae was often properly schemed by Bradley to stop the play but either missed the tackle or got overwhelmed. Was pretty telling. Reinforces how little I actually see on TV when I make my judgements about players/plays/playcalls.

TG
                    I think it is time for Rashan Jenkins to replace Addae he is very limited and he is below average. Jenkins can't do any worse and he is bigger and faster than Addae.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

yeah, yeah, yeah, But you needed a LT and got one. The top teams all would have taken James, but went with higher need positions instead. TB with Vita Vea, there was the real mistake.

Jon Gruden wanted to draft Derwin James, but passed
                      Print
                      • By Herbie Teope
                      • Around The NFL Writer
                      • Published: Oct. 4, 2018 at 07:56 a.m.
                      • Updated: Oct. 4, 2018 at 10:40 a.m.
                      From this guy to that guy, viewers who watched Jon Gruden in the broadcast booth over the past decade know he won't hold back on compliments.
                      Gruden, now once again the head coach for the Oakland Raiders, often lavished on-air praise on football players and pointed out which impact players could play for him.
                      Gruden's penchant for heaping accolades has carried over to his return to the sidelines and he didn't hold back Wednesday on Los Angeles Chargers rookie safety Derwin James.

"We wanted to take Derwin James," Gruden said in a Wednesday teleconference with Chargers beat reporters. "Everybody wanted Derwin James."
                      The Raiders owned the 15th overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft and had the opportunity to take James, who eventually went to the Chargers two picks later.
                      Gruden, however, pointed out an obstacle entering the 2018 draft, as the Raiders previously used a first-round pick on safety Karl Joseph in 2016 and a second-round pick on safety Obi Melifonwu in 2017. The two selections in consecutive years made it difficult for Gruden to justify using a high pick on another safety and the Raiders ended up going with offensive tackle Kolton Miller.
                      Nevertheless, Gruden knows what kind of player the Chargers have and compared James' versatile skill set to Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott and Rodney Harrison.
                      "He's an intimidating player, he is a physical presence," Gruden told reporters. "I think he's got range to play deep, he's got coverage ability. He can run through you, he can run around you, he can run right over you. He is a dynamite young player and he'll be one of the building blocks in L.A. for a long time for the Chargers."
                      The Raiders' loss is certainly the Chargers' gain, and it is easy to see why Gruden fell in love with the young safety.
                      James, whom some draft analysts and prognosticators pegged as the top safety of the 2018 draft class, has quickly asserted himself as one of the league's top defensive rookies.
                      Through four games, the 6-foot-2, 215-pound James leads the Chargers' defense in tackles (26), sacks (three) and passes defensed (six).
                      Gruden will see James up close twice a year given the AFC West roots, starting Sunday when the Raiders travel to Los Angeles to play the Chargers.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        yeah, yeah, yeah, But you needed a LT and got one. The top teams all would have taken James, but went with higher need positions instead. TB with Vita Vea, there was the real mistake.
                        Great strategy Chuckie. Avoid drafting him because of the 2nd rounder on the roster who u cut shortly thereafter. Genius I tell ya!!! LOL

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

The Raiders defense would look a whole lot better if Mack and James were playing for them.

Comment

Working...
                          X